1st team ever UU

Hello! This is my 1st team D:

(YAY!)

How it works (in my head).

Smearlge leads. Use spore right off the bat. EVs in speed to help get 1st attack. Once enemy is asleep you must layer as many traps as possible. I don't spend much time trying to get all traps to 3x layer before I start using whirlwind. EVs in speed for whirlwind will help you get the 1st attack on your enemies switches. This lead is mainly used for softening the team right at the start. Don't worry if Smeargle dies. I wouldn't really use Leafeon's wish support to keep it alive either. Once Smeargle is KO'd I usually find it is ok to just switch to Skarmory and keep whirlwinds up.
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Own Tempo
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: Def 252, Spe 252, SP.def 6
Spore
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Whirlwind

Skarmory usually follows smeargle for more Whirlwinds. Using roost around 60% 50% HP is advisable. I try not to risk anything, you want to keep whirlwind up and running as long as possible. Spikes are in the set because Smeargles traps may get Rapid Spin'd. Against Fire types you should switch out to Cradily and try to scare them off with Earthquake and Toxic. Against Fighting types you should switch to Mismagius.
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
EVs: HP 252, Spe 6, SP.def 252
Roost
Spikes
Drill Peck
Whirlwind

Togekiss is my sweeper. Yawn seems to work well because it usually makes people switch (into my spikes). Togekiss and Mismagius are the closest to full offense sweepers for this team. Wish will heal you and Air Slash and Aura Sphere will flinch the opponent often. Against Electric types I usually will switch to Cradily or Mismagius. Only use Togekiss once you have the opponents softened up considerably with traps. Leafeon is meant to support Togekiss with Wish if Togekiss's health is running to low.
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: HP 252, Spe 6, SP.atk 252
Wish
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Yawn

Leafeon is my support! :3 (It's an exact smogon strategy set :\ ) This is mainly a pure support for Mismagius and Togekiss. Yawn will either make enemies sleep or switch (hopefully into traps). Once asleep you can use Wish and switch to Togekiss or Mismagius. Protect is so Leafeon can catch it's own Wish if it needs health back. Leaf Blade is mainly so you are not completely defenseless. EVs into speed usually get wish off 1st.
Nature: Impish
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: HP 252, Spe 236, Def 20
Yawn
Wish
Protect
Leaf Blade

Cradily toxic stall. Cradily is the staller of the team. Cradily should usually come in after Skarmory goes down. Toxic will either make the opponent switch or start dying pretty fast since it will usually be softened up by spikes. Stockpile to 3 and recover when you need it. Earthquake is great for snuffing Fire types and Steel types who will not be poisoned.
Nature: Careful
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: HP 252, Def 6, SP.def 252
Toxic
Stockpile
Earthquake
Recover

Mismagius is my kind of defense/sweeper thing. Mismagius has a simmillar role to Togekiss but is slightly more defensive. Will-O-Wisp will burn enemies and will function the way Toxic does by scaring the opponent into switching. Confuse Ray is great on top of Will-O-Wisp or Toxic. Don't worry about trying to use Calm Mind too much as now most enemies are weak enough to be 1 or 2 hit KO'd with Shadow Ball.
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 252, SP.Def 6, Def 252
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Confuse Ray
Will-O-Wisp

THERE IS A LOT I DON'T KNOW.

Thank you for checking it out.

I think you'll find that Smeargle, Skarmory and Togekiss are all OU Pokemon, contrary to your title. It really isn't that hard to find out what tiers different Pokemon are in, so your excuse should be interesting...

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
See it doesn't work that way. Even if your team has 5 UU Pokemon and 1 OU Pokemon, it's still an OU team. Just like if a team has 5 OUs and 1 Uber, it's automatically an Uber team. In order to be a UU team, your team CANNOT have any Ubers, OUs, or BLs at all.

Alright, first of all, this thread needs to be pinned.

Now on with the actual rate:
I think you're going to find that teams that aim for lots of roaring or WWing are simply not as good as stalling or offensive. Your opponent most likely will damage you more than the spikes and SR ever will.

Having a Cradilly stalling makes no sense if you want them to suffer from spikes and SR. Curse would work much better than stockpile anyways.

Smeargle-firstly, lose spikes and whirlwind, chances are he wont be around to use either. try adding explosion/destiny bond or something more creative
Skarmory-shed shell over leftovers lets you escape from magnezone
Togekiss-no sense in having wish and yawn, try using thunder wave and nasty plot instead, giving you a better chance to sweep

hopefully my suggestions helped :]

Smeargle: Want less Whirlwind, I run Endeavor when I use Smeargle, because its really fun to bring other pokemon (bar Priority users) down to 1hp. But Pokerama's suggestions are good too (I wouldn't run explosion because of its base 20 attack stat)

Skarmory: Never, ever, ever, ever use Max. Sp.Def. Skarm, nice job getting 2hko'd by Outrage. Use the standard EV spread on smogon's page. It works wonderfully.

Togekiss: Its fine I guess, Yawn is crap. Replace it with Tri-Attack/Toxic/Nasty Plot.

Leafeon: Kinda a poor pokemon to put in here. I would suggest putting in Jolteon, since it has good Synergy with Skarm/Togekiss being able to switch in on obvious T-Bolts and to some degree, Ice Beams.

Cradilly: Sucks, if its not in a Sanstorm, its a waste of a slot imo. Put in a RestTalk Snorlax, its a better special wall, and it doesn't get lol'd at by special attacks, also it has good synergy with Mismagius.

Mismagius: Outclassed by Rotom-A and/or Gengar. Put one of them in instead, and I highly reccomend the RestTalk set or a Sub Pain Split set.

Also, this is technically an OU team, hence suggesting OU pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)