1st Wifi Team: No Weather

Weather used to be cool, but it sold out in Gen 5 OU. When I'm making my 1st team for Pokemon White, I want it to be a little different. Since this is Wifi, please don't recommend legendaries if possible, since I can't RNG (though feel free to point out if legendaries threaten my team). Not all of the Pokemon are bred yet, so I want to make sure the team is good before level grinding them all to 100.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf (EV trained), Levitate
Timid, 252 SPAttack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Overheat
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Trick

Overheat is great for the many Steels in OU, and as a powerful attack in general before switching out. Volt Switch is for scouting, of course. Trick cripples Blissey and some set-up Pokemon. The Ground immunity without the weaknesses associated with the Flying type are great, and Fire and Electric resist the BoltBeam combo. Stealth Rock is a problem.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers, Water Absorb (EV trained)
Bold, 190 HP, 252 Defense, 68 SPAttack

Wish
Roar
Scald
Ice Beam

This makes for a decent Bulky Water that can phaze and offer Wish support for the team. However, it may seem redundant with some of my other teammates, and my physically defensive Water Absorb Jellicent may turn out to be better for the team. Some Water Absorb Pokemon or really Bulky Water is needed to help stop Rain teams. Scald makes physical attackers beware, and can possibly cripple them.

Escavalier @ Choice Band (bred, but not EV trained), Shell Armor
Adamant, 252 HP, 60 Attack, 198 Defense

Megahorn
Pursuit
Facade
Iron Head

This is the obligatory Steel type. It hits harder than Scizor with some of its moves, and can be bulkier as well. Swords Dance sets wouldn't work with this Pokemon, because it's far too slow to set up, and it's also Fire bait. Adamant and Choice Band give me the Attack I need to OHKO Latios with Pursuit if it switches out without harming the physical defenses too much. Facade is a desperation move if it gets burned or something.

Hariyama @ Air Balloon, Thick Fat (not bred yet)
Careful, 6 Attack, 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense

Revenge
Whirlwind
Payback
Bulk Up

Careful nature is so that it can take more Special Attacks. Good resistances and Bulk Up should help with the physical side. Thick Fat and Whirlwind is why I picked this over Conkeldurr. Revenge is so that it doesn't get the defensive drops from Close Combat. The Balloon is because of the limited Leftovers in the DS game, and to help with Excadrill. Wish support should help heal him if he needs it. This can also help deal with Heatran, which Conkeldurr may have second thoughts about switching in to. Tyranitar will also have to run for the hills when he sees this.

Porygon-2 @ Eviolite, Trace (EV trained)
Bold, 252 HP, 186 Defense, 72 Special Defense

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunder Wave

There are more abilities that absorb Special Attacks than physical moves, so that's why the EV investment and nature are geared to the physical side. Thunder Wave is over Toxic for now because I've used some of these Pokemon on random battles, and paralyzing a faster Pokemon to Recover seems more important right now than crippling a wall (this may change when I fight 6 vs. 6 battles). It can take quite a few hits, but it seems like set up bait, particularly if it's a Fighting type. I may change this Pokemon out.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb, Poison Heal (not bred yet)
Impish, 252 Speed, 252 Defense, 6 Attack

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

I needed an Excadrill check (especially if it has a Balloon; Rock Slide can flinch after all), and Ground + Flying give great resistances and immunities. Landorus is out because of the difficulties of getting good legendaries in game. Ice Fang because I'm paranoid about Dragons and other Gliscors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smogon seems to REALLY not want me to post this, so hopefully it shows up well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)