2010 music

Im really looking forward to relapse 2 and whatever evanescence's new album is (yea 2 very different kinds of music lol)

The Big To-Do - Drive-By Truckers
New Arcade Fire
Realism - The Magnetic Fields
New Radiohead
New Kanye West
The Bundles - The Bundles
Buckle Up Motherfuckers. - Dave Sitek and Raaaaaaaandy (Aziz Ansari)
Heliogland - Massive Attack
Fixin' The Charts, Volume One - Everybody Was In The French Resistance... Now!
One Life Stand - Hot Chip
New The Drums
Computers And Blues - The Streets
New M.I.A.
Transference - Spoon
jj nº 3 - jj
New The National
New LCD Soundsystem
Relapse 2 - Eminem
New The Dead Weather
New The White Stripes?
New The Avalanches
Sir Luscious Left Foot - Big Boi (?)
Detox - Dr. Dre (?)
New The Hold Steady
New The Strokes (?)
Plastic Beach - Gorillaz

New M.I.A.
we'll see about that, she's busy working on Rye Rye's album still [I think] and she's mentioned that she wants to take a break from making music. :\ I've wanted a new album for such a long time lol... Hopefully 2010 is the year~

Aaahhh Lady Gaga's next album is set for late 2010. Whoohoo!

jj nº 3 - jj
thisthisthisthis

and the new Gorillaz. guest preformances are supposedly going to include Snoop Dogg, Lou Reed, Mos Def, and The Horrors among others.

i wasn't aware of the new Arcade Fire until i read through some of these posts
BUT GURL I SO ESSITED

There's no way 2010's gonna surpass 2009 in awesomeness, but I'm pretty excited for new Portugal. The Man and Circa Survive.

holy shit, Shining: Blackjazz is fucking awesome.

i predict it being at least top 3, if not higher.

2010 is going to be fucking great. :naughty:

new Arsis was disappointing though. =/

here's my torrent notification list:

Nadja, Julie Christmas, Swarm of the Sun, Shining, Vashti Bunyan, Virgin Black, Circle Takes the Square, Living Sacrifice, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dark Tranquillity, A Swarm of the Sun, Mikael Akerfeldt, Celldweller, This Will Destroy You, Black Boned Angel, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Tesseract, Periphery, Obsidian, Autechre, Eluvium, This Will Destroy You, The Ocean, Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Vampire Weekend - Contra
Fairly solid album. Fun to listen to, flows great. Definitely an above average album - excellent start to the year.

OK Go - Of The Blue Colour of the Sky
At the very least, they had the common sense to slice it down from "The Influence of the Blue Ray of the Sunlight and of the Blue Colour of the Sky".
Damian's vocals were really different, in particular, and it wasn't really a change for the better imo. More electonic parts were a bit off-putting at first, too. Album is still thoroughly enjoyable, however.

Massive Attack - Heligoland
Tracks that stand out are Babel and Paradise Circus... the whole album is, in general pretty good (though Flat of the blade wasn't a great track). Worth the download.

So I only downloaded yeasayer's singles from their last album, but I'm giving Odd Blood a listen now, and some first impressions from people are saying its bad, but I'm really enjoying it actually. It's a thumbs up from me.

since this months is over.. I can as well post the albums, ranked

1. Spoon - Transference
2. Midlake - The Courage of Others
3. Liars - Sisterworld
4. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
5. Owen Pallett - Heartland
6. Cold War Kids - Behave Yourself (EP)
7. Los Campesinos! - Romance is Boring
8. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
9. Overkill - Ironbound
10. Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
11. Vampire Weekend - Contra
12. Lostprophets - The Betrayed
13. Dangers - Messy, Isn't It?
14. Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos
15. Ironmask - Shadow of the Red Baron
16. You Me At Six - Hold Me Down
17. The Magnetic Fields - Realism
18. Delphic - Acolyte
19. Ke$ha - Animal
20. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Road
21. Fear Factory - Mechanize
22. Four Tet - There Is Love In You
23. Ringo Starr - Y Not
24. Broken Bells - Broken Bells
25. Bouncing Souls - Ghosts on the Boardwalk
26. Toro Y Moi - Causers of This
27. OK Go - Of the Blue Colour Of the Sky
28. Massive Attack - Heligoland
29. Alesana - The Emptiness
30. Laura Veirs - July Flame
31. The American Dollar - Atlas
32. Mnemic - Sons of the System
33. Eels - End Times
34. Rjd2 - The Colossus
35. Katharine McPhee - Unbroken

y.. thats quiet abit, but I didnt even like half of this, so this month was pretty meh (even though the top albums are awesome).. this will get so much better ^.^

ok contra isn't as good as the st but still good. horchata is nice and catchy, but california english is great

waiting for for the masses to be delivered, sucks that I live in australia, the royal mail probably can't take the heat :x

honestly it baffles me how anyone can download so many albums in just one month. 35 albums for 26 days of the month so far is like one and a half albums a day o__o

anyway, on what i've downloaded so far, i thought contra was okay, but nothing groundbreaking, and romance is boring remains at the top of my year so far. the more i listen to it, the more i notice how hugely superior it is to most all their previous material, but that will still have a place in my heart, especially hold on now youngster
also just finished downloading beach house's teen dreams and am about to listen to it, but aside from that haven't checked anything else out. may download new laura veirs at some point, as i kinda liked saltbreakers in a "music your mum could listen to" way, and also maybe liars. hmm.

also i just this week downloaded joanna newsom's ys and oh my lord ;(
goes without saying then im eagerly waiting for her new album (which is 3 lps on 3 cds x__x) in may i think?

The album I'm looking forward to is the new Disturbed. I really wanna see how they follow up Indestructible.

Also hoping for some new Sevendust and Stone Sour.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spoon - Transference
have already listened to it, like it a lot. it's honestly probably the least interesting album they've put out, but even when Britt Daniel sneezes it's usually awesome and catchy and suave

Minus the Bear - tba
I'm worried. I have the first single Into the Mirror and don't care for it that much. Planet of Ice was one of my favorite albums of the decade probably and I love Minus the Bear so I have faith nonetheless.

Kings of Leon - tba
I'm from the South so it's not ironic when I enjoy Kings of Leon. :) their last album was pretty awful but the opening song "Closer" makes me think they can still break through the travesty that was the other 10 songs on that album.

M.I.A. - tba
blazey blaze galang galang galang yah purple haze galang galang galang ya

The Avalanches - tba
blast from the past finally returns. this I'm very curious about.

Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
I usually hate hardcore but shit yeah DEP

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part II
New Amerykah Part I was fucking awesome even though she is kind of pretentious. go listen to New Amerykah Part I and try not to make babies with someone.

Vampire Weekend blows, I liked white people playing Afro-inspired punk music 30+ years ago when they were called The Police. rich pretentious white people making music for rich pretentious white people. argh

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma(?)
it's released on 4/20. yes.

The National - tba
I think I was the only one who thought Alligator was head-and-shoulders better than Boxer. I think they played too much to type and moped too much on Boxer. they're still good though.

Battles - tba
robo rock robo rock. their drummer is the reason why they're any good.

The Strokes!!!! Although I'd bet everything I own it won't come out this year. It takes them for-fucking-ever. >:(

"Into the Mirror" is damn nice ;o

i like that new direction and I hope the album will be as awesome as their first three albums.. (which are nearly equally good)

I know there's enough people on here that are Bomb the Music Industry! fans for me to post this. They just released a totally unexpected EP recorded in like 5 days called "Adults!!!... Smart!!! Shithammered!!! And Excited By Nothing!!!!!!!!"

It's probably my favorite release of the whole year already and I've barely listened to it once.

I can't wait for that Ghostface, Raekwon and Method Man collab later this year. You know it has to be good when the 3 best artists in the Wu are working on it. The Root's "How I Got Over" is looking like its shaping up nicely too, so thats something I want to listen to.

Oh and Detox lol.

I come bearing news of new Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise coming on April 20th.
They're streaming a single on their website - "Get Out".
Sounds pretty awesome. Am psyched. Also psyched for an alleged release from God is an Astronaut "mid 2010". We'll see how that holds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)