2010 music

Has anyone mentioned Plastic Beach?

Well Plastic Beach, by the Gorillaz. probably been mentioned over 10 times in the thread idk..but it needs to be brought up again hah

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I believe U2 is coming out with a new album this year, definitely looking forward to that. And the new Linkin Park album as well

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I learned from Neon Bible not to expect more, and given the perfection of Funeral, that's okay. I mean, if you churn out such an amazing album, it's okay, you can get away with just making good albums. They feel mediocre in comparison, but they're good in their own right.

(Hope they come to Australia or something)
while neon bible was alright, it felt like funeral b-sides. moving in that direction forever will lead the band to just rehash their greatest work ad nauseam. i really hope they don't make this mistake, and move on to something more adventurous instead. unless they are already out of ideas, of course.

I like Vampire Weekend's new album. Like every song on it is good. And I'm waiting for new albums from Radiohead, Arcade Fire, M.I.A., and Rihanna might have a new album coming out this year too possibly. I can't think of any other bands right now but those are the main ones I want right now.

while neon bible was alright, it felt like funeral b-sides. moving in that direction forever will lead the band to just rehash their greatest work ad nauseam. i really hope they don't make this mistake, and move on to something more adventurous instead. unless they are already out of ideas, of course.
Mmmm I see what you mean. The B-Sides on Funeral had a calmer feel and were more about concepts, and that certainly made up most of Neon Bible. I think what really made Funeral perfect was the more emotional stuff on the A-Sides (The Neighborhood Songs Mostly) that had stories, and then followed by concepts. I suppose it just drew you in and made you stay with that combination.

Oh yeh, U2 is coming out with an album.
Looking forward to another 8/10 album....lol
I guess I've gotten used to the fact that U2 will just make good music from now on, oh well it's always welcome.

Linkin Park, however, needs to die.

I like Vampire Weekend's new album, but it gets a little repetetive.
Definitely one of the better albums of this year.

Contra's okay.....................it doesn't touch the debut, and while a lot of songs are quite good the whole doesn't really feel very good. White Sky is great, though.

U2 sucks dick, at least they do now. No Line On The Horizon was the most pretentious piece of trash I've heard in a long time.

Neon Bible gets slammed a bit too hard, I think. Sure, Funeral outclasses it in every way, and the only songs that can even HANG with Funeral are Keep The Car Running, No Cars Go, and My Body Is A Cage, but it's a really solid album that's forgotten thanks to unfavorable comparisons with what might be the most agreeable album of the past decade.

New M.I.A. album is obviously gonna kill, at least it better. Arular and Kala slay.

And did someone say that Arcade Fire should try something More Adventurous? Who are they, Rilo Kiley?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
why would a band not want to try new things? doing the same exact thing gets old, and the only people who will keep defending it are deluded fanboys.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
i agree. it's mildly pleasant but then again i'd rather listen to some real shoegaze instead. it also reeks of hipsterism.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
indie =/= hipster

alcest and pretty much every modern black metal band going shoegaze are hipster bands because they're hopping on bandwagons to appear trendy. in reality, shoegaze and black metal don't mix. you get watered down, effeminate crap that seems pretty cool to ironically like.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Anyone here not concerned with labelling things "hipster" like its AIDS? To be honest it makes people sound embittered and annoying, and its not a musical criticism its a social one - not relevant. Music has trends and people populate them because they like money and fame, instead of a few random die hard fans.

Just listened to Breakage's debut album "Foundation", Hard, Speechless and Run em' Out rock my world.

I wouldn't really consider Des' taste in music to be *shudder* screamo <__<

But Cancer Bats has a new album coming out on the 13th, and (This is do not want for me but whatever) Bullet For My Valentine on the 26th, and then As I Lay Dying on the 11th of May.

None of that's really my stuff but there you go :/

Fang Island is pretty cool. need to listen a few more times.
i enjoyed this also, but not much else noteworthy has happened in the last few weeks/month imo. seems like the year started pretty strong, and now it's the kind of middle period between all that stuff and the ridiculousness that will be may.

on the plus side this has given me some more time to listen to the microphones' glow pt 2 which i discovered last year, which has led me to bum around with my acoustic guitar some more, and think about picking it back up. really feeling good about it at the moment, i may have a go at trying to write something proper if the weather stays shit :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)