2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man seriously, i had no vested interest in who won that man city vs sporting lisbon game, but when joe hart got his head on the end of that ball in the last second i literally jumped out of my seat and yelled..... shame it didn't go in, woulda been just about the most epic ending possible
Yeah same, that would've been unreal. I thought he had done it but then the ball kept sailing past and I knew it was over. I was disappointed but then I remembered it was City and I cared not a jot anymore.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Phew,I was hoping we wouldn't draw Bayern or the La liga giants.I know we shouldn't underestimate Benfica but I feel really confident after we eliminated Napoli,surely it can't be harder than that.Luiz and Ramires will particularly enjoy this.

imo the turning point for the English League was when Ronaldo went to Madrid. All of the traditional big 4 teams had better quality teams back then. Liverpool like lost all there decent players (except Gerrard), Chelsea's a retirement home and Arsenal has a worse defence and are inexperienced.

What a suprise Madrid and barca magically kept apart till the final. Don't think bayern are good enough away to make it to their stadium for the finals. If Madrid get through Chelsea will have to get past barca.and UEFA bribed refs.

I think you meant all English teams.
your mother must be very proud.

Anna says
i got a fantastically retarded reply to that joke
Hazerider . says
indulge me
Hazerider . says
if I were still there
Hazerider . says
I would have infracted him

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no true best team in England. They all suck. Seriously, the level of competition in the Premier League this year has significantly dropped.
That's because this is a transition phase. Give it atleast 3 years from now. There have been a lot of recent changes in the PL. And I think all teams need atleast 2-3 years to settle down and for there to be an improvement of the level of competition. The top 4 (except chelsea I guess) have all had changes, a lot of new young players, and I think they need time to adjust.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Uh we bought five new players this season-Mata is the only one who immediately earned a permanent spot in the starting XI while the others are yet to settle down.Cortois has been loaned to Athletico madrid for the whole season to gain some experience and also because Cech has been quite good as of late.Lukaku has made a few appearances but hasn't impressed so far and De bruyne has been loaned back to Genk to gain some more experience so he can start next season well.In total we have signed more players than United,Spurs and Arsenal.

Almost forgot Patrick Bamford,the 18 year old striker we signed from Nottingham forest.He is yet to settle down as well.We have also sent out Mceachran and Kakuta out on loan to prepare them for the first team.

your mother must be very proud.

Anna says
i got a fantastically retarded reply to that joke
Hazerider . says
indulge me
Hazerider . says
if I were still there
Hazerider . says
I would have infracted him
For an opinion about English teams (not the English people) which are mostly comprised of foreign players? Just look at some of the most notable cheaters, how many of them are English?

In total we have signed more players than United,Spurs and Arsenal.
That may be true for Utd and Spurs but Arsenal have signed 1 more player than Chelsea this season. Chelsea and Arsenal have signed a surprising number of players this season, 9 and 10 respectively.

the champion's league fixtures are out.

Am I the only person who feels that Barca vs Milan seems to happen too often? I know this was a random draw, but IIRC they were in the same group at least twice in the last 3 years.

the champion's league fixtures are out.

Am I the only person who feels that Barca vs Milan seems to happen too often? I know this was a random draw, but IIRC they were in the same group at least twice in the last 3 years.
As an Arsenal fan.. it seems like we get matched up with Barca all the time. And if we beat Milan this time... look what would have happened.. Arsenal vs Barca

Apparently he's not been breathing on his own since being on the pitch, on way to Hospital still no breathing on own [dunno if hes getting assistance]

Went down on his own.. shit is not looking good.

fuckfuckfuck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)