2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
THE SAME? There are hardly any Chelsea fans here or those of any other club for that matter. Every living soul here calls themselves a United fan and watches shit like cricket all the time. It just pisses me off.

Lol truly passionate post HBK! I could almost feel the spit on my face from your seething rage.

Btw new anti-doping measures are being put into place. Does it feel like football is always 20 years behind basically every sport out there in terms of implementing necessary things? This should have been done in the 90s or early 2000s at the very latest. It's a disgrace really, when they're still only taking urine samples and nothing else lol. How many swap the urine switcharoo tricks has there been do you think? Probably every single one ever done lol!

Also who's coming up from the Championship?? I want Holloway back but Watford might just edge it...

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
THE SAME? There are hardly any Chelsea fans here or those of any other club for that matter. Every living soul here calls themselves a United fan and watches shit like cricket all the time. It just pisses me off.
you can still be a fan of your club and not watch the games. for example, i do not get to watch many leeds games these days but i wouldn't call myself a part timer.

also @ NLI i think watford are just gonna edge it. imo they've played the better football throughout the season and have a more complete squad. if palace go up they are coming straight back down, watford have a chance of clinging on.

HBK

At least you can name more than just a few of leeds players and keep track of transfer news, upcoming fixtures and positions of their competitors. But most of the people here call themselves United fans because it makes them look good and not because they enjoy the sport or have any interest in it. And no one is even a little passionate about football.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Supreme generalization. There are United fans here who know just as much about the club as a born and bred Mancunian. Yes, there are glory hunters. But please don't insult the rest of us.

HBK

Benitez has agreed a two year contract with Napoli who are rumored to be interested in signing Torres as a replacement for Cavani when he leaves after watching Benitez work with Torres in the Premier League.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22652097
I've never watched the portuguese league but I'm fairly certain that these are great signings and getting players of this calibre is a statement of intent that surprises me to be honest, I didn't think Monaco would be getting any genuinely top players for a while. Falcao looks more likely I suppose

HBK

I've never watched the portuguese league either but I remember watching Moutinho in the World Cup and Euros and he was really good. He was easily Portugal's standout performer in midfield and created most of their chances. Great signing.

HBK

I too was supporting Dortmund :( Congratulations to Bayern anyway, really entertaining game and the better team won in the end. Dortmund gave it their all but Bayern were just the better team in the end. They probably could have avoided Robben waltzing through their defence had they defended properly.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
One of the best games ive watched for sure. Side I was supporting didnt win sadly (moreso because Dante should have been sent off), but Bayern are overdue a cup and it was a great game, so not too disappointed. Dortmund were great, especially in that first half, and theyve proven theyre one of the best teams in the world without a doubt.

And at Dcae, Ribery wasnt as good as hes been throughout the season this game. Robben clutched it, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)