2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Meh, sad to see Dortmund lose because I don't feel like they'll get this chance again any time soon, whereas Bayern are just going to be even better next year. Still probably a deserved win for Bayern, if that Alaba shot went in I would have screamed, but sadly none of the goals were that great.

Also lol Bayern vs Chelsea in the Super Cup.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Meh, sad to see Dortmund lose because I don't feel like they'll get this chance again any time soon, whereas Bayern are just going to be even better next year. Still probably a deserved win for Bayern, if that Alaba shot went in I would have screamed, but sadly none of the goals were that great.

Also lol Bayern vs Chelsea in the Super Cup.
Are you kidding me? Robbens last goal was astonishing. One of the best goals ive seen this year.

If by "astonishing" you mean he picked up on a loose ball and dribbled a couple of defenders then sure, but I don't think I could say it was an amazing goal lol.

If by "astonishing" you mean he picked up on a loose ball and dribbled a couple of defenders then sure, but I don't think I could say it was an amazing goal lol.
It wasn't a loose ball, ribbery flicked it unto him and then his close touch to get bast the defenders is what made that goal amazing.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
What ModestGarchomp said. It was a backheel pass to Robben, who then did what Lewandowski did vs Madrid (flicking the ball up to jump over a goalkeeper, defender slide in Robbens case), followed by incredible dribbling (ball pretty much stuck to his feet) and then fooling the keeper with a shot the other way.

The jump on the slide was amazing on its own, backheel pass, cute definition, AND the meaning/timing of the goal made it even better.

Well considering this flick was deflected and soft it was pretty much a 50/50, that's why one of the Dortmund defenders (Hummels?) committed himself with a slide tackle. Again lol it still is a good goal but I hardly consider it amazing.

The way the ball found itself at robben's feet was pretty lucky. Take away nothing from bayern munich, but the goal was not even close to being astonishing

They now have 5 CL titles, as much as liverpool :p

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I wouldn't say that he got "lucky". It was bad defending on Dortmund's part and they payed the price for it.

In other news, Mourinho has agreed a 4 year deal with Chelsea and will fly to London after Madrid's game against Osasuna. And Neymar has snubbed Madrid to agree a five year deal with Barcelona. Do you guys think they'll be able to accommodate him and Messi? It will definitely be easier than when they bought Ibrahimovic or Villa since Neymar is more accustomed to playing on the left wing.

Barcelona need to buy some actual strength in midfield, decent defenders, and a keeper instead of wanking off over tippy tappy forwards, and then complain when they get rolled over by bayern and madrid next season again.

I think Neymar's presence will take some pressure off Messi, but I also think that Neymar will only be influential in La Liga, because it's always super easy for Barcelona. They will continue to struggle in the Champions League unless they make more signings.

reyscarface

World Defender
mexican league final, my fav team vs rival team. down 0-2 in the global, score the 1-2 minute 86, followed by the 2-2 by a jumping header from our goalkeeper in minute 92. then won in penalties after tense ETs. fuck I love this sport

edit: rofl how could i forget about the fucking shit ref unfairly sending off our cdm min 14

coR.

Banned deucer.

mexican league final, my fav team vs rival team. down 0-2 in the global, score the 1-2 minute 86, followed by the 2-2 by a jumping header from our goalkeeper in minute 92. then won in penalties after tense ETs. fuck I love this sport
also they were playing with 10 mens since the min 14, this was a fucking great final

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I really pity those Dortmund fans. First Gotze and now they are going to lose Lewandowski to Bayern. Must be really painful especially after the Champions League defeat. I'm really happy to see Hilario, Turnbull and Benayoun released by the club. Courtois will give Cech healthy competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)