25 years, 1000 posts: a Zelda themed Giveaway - Ended, please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello and welcome to my first giveaway. To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Zelda series and the end of my first year here at Smogon, where I met many friends and made many trades, I will be giving away 2 special Pokémon caught by me. These Pokémon are very special to me for they are my first Pokémon XD Resets, ever.

Rules:
1. ICBB or Blacklisted people cannot participate.
2. There will be 3 ways to obtain these Pokémon; you can participate in all of them, but of course, you can only win once. There will be 5 winners per method. Each winner gets both Pokémon.
3. To participate, post once. Please do not edit your post.
4. Captains is distributing.
5. These Pokémon are non-Redis; distributors and winners may not trade them to other people.
6. This Giveaway ends Monday, December 5th. Winners will be added to this post.

The Prizes:

Wolf Link (XD Mightyena)

(ID: 04046 | OT: Vini | ♂)
Intimidate| Calm
27 | 17 | 3 | 22 | 30 | 30
Poison Fang | Body Slam | Counter | Heal Bell
Available at: Level 18 UT |
Non-Redis

Midna (XD Mawile)
(ID: 04046 | OT: Vini | ♀)
Intimidate | Brave
25 | 8 | 30 | 21 | 31 | 9
Seismic Toss | Counter | Ice Punch | Sing
Available at: Level 22 UT |
Non-Redis

How to Win:
1. Create a moveset:
Create a moveset and EV Spread for Mightyena and/or for Mawile. Mightyena's moveset must include Heal Bell, and Mawile's must include Sing. Don't forget to add a short description explaining how it works. Best 5 movesets win. Points will be given for functionality and creativity of the moveset.

2. Your favorite Zelda game & song:
Explain what are your favorite Zelda game and Zelda song, and why. Best 5 explanations win.

3. Answer the following questions (via PM):
PM me the answers (name the PM "Zelda Giveaway Answers" so I know what's about and don't skip you), and post here confirming you've PM'ed me. First 5 to get the answers right win. Answer all 5 questions correctly!

-To find this dungeon, go to the Desert and enter the Dark World. Which dungeon is this?
-Who said this? "Heh... You know, I've never actually seen you wearing a cap until now! It suits you, little hero."
-Who's the first playable character in a canon Zelda game that's not Link? What series of unfortunate events happen to him/her?
-"Ballad of the Windfish" is originally from a handheld Zelda game, but also appears on a home console game. Which games are those?
-"To return true light to this land, you must seal the doors of Stone Tower where the winds of darkness blow through. But Stone Tower is an impenetrable stronghold. Hundreds of soldiers from my kingdom would not even be able to topple it. It is far too reckless for one to take on such a challenge. ...And so... I grant to you a soldier who has no heart. One who will not falter in the darkness." — Igos du Ikana. Two things were essential for Link to reach the top of the Stone Tower: an item and an ocarina song. Which?

Winners have been announced!

Winners:
-Impact (Method 1)
-V4Victini (Method 2)
-redhairedking (Method 2)
-Captains (Method 2) (Distributor, contact him to receive your Pokes)
-Najdorf (Method 2)
-Ninjawes (Method 2)
-religiousjedi (Method 3)
-zero2exe (Method 3)
-Harlequin Boy (Method 3)
-RBG (Method 3)
-Braseg257 (Method 3)
-Pink Floyd (Method 3)
-blamon123 (Method 3)

Thanks to everyone who participated and in special to Captains for distributing!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Favorite Zelda game: It has to be OoT. I know a lot of people would say that but it was the best hands down imo.
Why? The Ocarina was a BIG part of it. You had a different utility for everything all packed into one item, AND a catchy jingle played whenever you wanna use it. The songs were like passwords or codes that you (didnt have to but eventually) memorize. You could freeze zombies, teleport, call your steed, and have an automatic "code entry" for different locations/prizes.

Favorite Music: Windwaker's sea theme. It was just filled with the thirst for adventure :) Made me want to go somewhere new :D

Awesome giveaway :)

1. Create a moveset:

Moveset: Heal bell/Counter/Sucker Punch/Body Slam
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 6 Sp Def

Since mightyena only has 3 IVS in Defense and only 70 Base defense, it makes a perfect user for counter. Switch mightyena into a physical attack that would do massive damage or KO the other pokemon with counter. Focus sash is the the main item to be used since you'll be switching in mainly strong attacks. Body slam is a good 85 base attack 100% accuracy move. It has a 30% chance to paralysis the opponent and can be useful for mightyena to kill, or have a revenge killer kill it. Heal Bell is useful for curing your entire team of status. Sucker Punch has priority and is a base 80 Dark type move with STAB. Very useful for doing damage at only ONE HP and possibly getting a surprise ko to an opponent.

252 HP EVS so that counter will do the most damage to the opponent. 252 ATTACK EVS for Body Slam and Sucker Punch to do the most damage. The rest goes into 6 SP DEF evs and not DEF so that you get the most damage. And not Special Attack cause its useless, and Speed because sucker punch has priority already and counter will always go last anyways.

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far; 3 quiz winners have been announced.

Also, thanks to Harlequin Boy for the idea of adding Midna. Winners will receive both Wolf Link and Midna now :]

My favorite zelda game is a link to the past: the first because it was my first videogame, with a story that doesn't end when you find the three pendants, but continues in the underworld, with an excellent gameplay and great dungeons. it took me a lot of time to finish it, i bought it in 2004 and i finished it in 2010. i was very little and i didn't understand very much of what i had to do. my favorite musics are the zelda main theme and the song of time. I bought an ocarina just to learn to play them.

Im participating but not for the poke.
Explain what are your favorite Zelda game and Zelda song, and why. Best 5 explanations win.
Favorite game: LOZ:A LTTP(SNES, GBA)/ Majora Mask
Favorite music: I am a true zelda music lover, there is no favorite. If I have to choose the one that I remember recently this is amazing is the final fight with ganondolf in Twilight Princess. It just so epic. Its raining, two men, two sword, one leaves happily....lol. The music influence me to actually get into the battle and to unleashed a tsunami of pain on ganondolf. I always enjoyed the final boss music of zelda games. It give a since that all your work and training was up to this point. Zelda music is one of the best videogame music ever.

I already won, but I'ma go ahead and share a warstory from the fist LoZ game I played, Links Awakening DX.

I was fighting the final boss, and had skated through the other forms, when I reached the Blob form. All told, the battle lasted well over an hour (Maybe two, it was brutal), most of which was spent fighting the Blob. I have fuzzy memories of all the other forms because they were easy, but that form is burned into my memory as the most frustrating boss I have ever fought.

Why did it take so long?

I didn't realize that I was supposed to use Magic Powder on it (3 times), and instead hacked it to death with my sword in the manliest of fashions.
Needless to say, I was... perturbed... when I learned the correct method of slaying it.

My favorite Zelda song is the theme from Skyward Sword. I believe it is called Ballad of the Goddess. It is hard to explain why I love the song, it sounds heroic and is incredibly well orchestrated. Skyward Sword has also managed to dethrone OoT as my favorite Zelda game. I feel that SS really changed the series for the better. I like the more open ended exploration and the motion controls are superb. Also, the dungeons are the best out of any Zelda game, imho (that last dungeon is amazing!). I also liked how all of the bosses (to my knowledge) are original. Almost every other Zelda game borrows a boss or two from previous games, and I did not see any of that in SS. The new items were also great! I was very happy to see some fresh new items, instead of the typical item set that is in every game.

edit: just realized it is sunday, am I too late? I hope not :(

edit2: I forgot to include that I love the art style in Skyward Sword. I feel that it combines the innocent, youthful art from Wind Waker with the more mature style of Twilight Princess. The filter blur for the backgrounds is also pretty cool.

My favorite Zelda song is the theme from Skyward Sword. I believe it is called Ballad of the Goddess. It is hard to explain why I love the song, it sounds heroic and is incredibly well orchestrated. Skyward Sword has also managed to dethrone OoT as my favorite Zelda game. I feel that SS really changed the series for the better. I like the more open ended exploration and the motion controls are superb. Also, the dungeons are the best out of any Zelda game, imho (that last dungeon is amazing!). I also liked how all of the bosses (to my knowledge) are original. Almost every other Zelda game borrows a boss or two from previous games, and I did not see any of that in SS. The new items were also great! I was very happy to see some fresh new items, instead of the typical item set that is in every game.

edit: just realized it is sunday, am I too late? I hope not :(
Nope, giveaway is still going on :]

Zelda Spirit Tracks
Theme Tune Song

Why oh Why?

Guess I'm Not a Zelda nerd. I've always played SSBB, and loved playing as Zelda, she is so amazing, then Link and his bow! These players are epic, so one day I decided adventure time! I borrowed my friend's game Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and boy what a game! I loved every minute of it. Admittedly I used to spend hours just on that train, because it's epic, and awesome. The desert dungeon, was tricky but after a few deaths I enjoyed mastering them all! Unfortunately this is the only DS Zelda game I've embarked on playing due to exams, but I have the 3DS Zelda, Ocarina of Time, ready to play as a reward after exams. The music I chose was the traditionally theme for the game, because after hours surfing the tracks, I have become acustomed to it, I sway to it and hum too it. I like the rhythm, and the feel to it, it makes me relax, and I feel that I understand it, especially after the calm flute then it tunes up and changes, it's magical piece, full of composure and brilliance!

This is a great Giveaway by the way!

If we had to chose, however it doesn't state. I'd love the Mightyena.

Favorite Zelda game would have to be Windwaker. It was a fun game that combined the sense of exploration with the gameplay really well. It also presented me with much more to do than other Zelda games I had played. The graphics were also a nice change and represented the world excellently.
Favorite song would have to be The Legendary Hero from Windwaker. It just goes along so well with the story being told and is constantly changing and not just repetitive.

Am I allowed to add something to my post that I forgot about earlier? Or is that against the rules? Just thought I'd ask first. Also, when does the giveaway end?

Zelda Spirit Tracks
Theme Tune Song

Why oh Why?

Guess I'm Not a Zelda nerd. I've always played SSBB, and loved playing as Zelda, she is so amazing, then Link and his bow! These players are epic, so one day I decided adventure time! I borrowed my friend's game Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and boy what a game! I loved every minute of it. Admittedly I used to spend hours just on that train, because it's epic, and awesome. The desert dungeon, was tricky but after a few deaths I enjoyed mastering them all! Unfortunately this is the only DS Zelda game I've embarked on playing due to exams, but I have the 3DS Zelda, Ocarina of Time, ready to play as a reward after exams. The music I chose was the traditionally theme for the game, because after hours surfing the tracks, I have become acustomed to it, I sway to it and hum too it. I like the rhythm, and the feel to it, it makes me relax, and I feel that I understand it, especially after the calm flute then it tunes up and changes, it's magical piece, full of composure and brilliance!

This is a great Giveaway by the way!

If we had to chose, however it doesn't state. I'd love the Mightyena.
Thanks, and you dont need to choose. All winners get both Pokemon.

Am I allowed to add something to my post that I forgot about earlier? Or is that against the rules? Just thought I'd ask first. Also, when does the giveaway end?
Go ahead :)

It was gonna end today, but since there are still some spots open, I'll wait until we have 5 winners per method.

if i dont win with the second method and there are only 1 or 2 woinners for the first one, can i try with the first method?

this will sound pretty lame but my favourite game and song is skyward sword and ballad of the goddess. I've always admired the LoZ series but never had my own funds or opportunities to check one of the games out. Then finally i saw skyward sword at E3 and i said to myself I AM going to get this game. Finally I did and i loved it. The reason i like ballad of the goddess is of the grace it has almost reminding me a bit of mozart? I had it in nintendo video on my 3DS i loved it from the moment i heard it i loved it. Well that's my explanation

My favorite Zelda game has to be Majora's Mask. Now, I know a lot of people say that Ocarina is so much better but I disagree. I love the groundhog day feel to it, as well as the numerous side quests and the incredible number of heart pieces to find. And let's not forget about the masks. The Keaton Mask was the coolest in my opinion, I would let a like-like eat my shield, get the gilded sword, and run around with the keaton mask on looking awesome. I spent hours trying to map out the most efficient way to beat the game, and memorizing where everything is, and I think my best ever was only resetting the time 2 times (not including the first one where you have to). Because I spent so much time as a kid playing Majora's Mask, I think it will forever remain my favorite Zelda game.

NOW, my favorite Zelda song would have to be the Ballad Of the Wind Fish. But not the one from Majora's Mask, the one from Link's Awakening. When Malon sings that song, and then you play it on your Ocarina, it's just magical. I remember the ending too when you beat the game and see Malon's face and the song plays, and then she fades into a seagull, that was a real tear jerker for me as a kid and I still love that song to this day. Also, I like how you could play that song at the giant egg and depending on what instrument you had it would add to it. I went through and heard it with different instruments just to see what it would sound like. It really was a beautiful song.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really love this series :D

Cant believe I forgot to post here before, but great giveaway Luxpluff!! :D Im really liking those XD pokes ;)

EDIT: 2. Your favorite Zelda game & song:

So one of my favorite Zelda games was Wind Waker. I dont know why, I just loved the cartoony feeling to it and how you could take pictures of things and try to collect all different types of pictures! Anyways, I love the music from the battle with the boss that has two hands and a head, flouting in midair! Even tho they already had a boss in another game(was it Ocarina?) where you have to dodge these huge hands while you are on this drum platform, I still loved this boss! When I finally figured out I had to use the bombs to kill him, I went cashoogany on him!! I really like this music because it really gives a mysterious and up-beat feeling to the battle.

The link: Zelda Wind Waker music - Gohdan

And once again, great giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)