5th Gen Offense team

Note that this is for 5th generation (BW2) NU metagame.

I decided that I would make an NU team. I decided for it to be offensive, because I like offense, both due to short games and pokemon I like being mainly offensive. Farthermore, I have a tendency to try to shorten matches, and that would be bad for a stall team. So my team is mainly offense.

Why I picked each pokemon:

I started things off by picking an S-tier offensive pokemon that fares very well. It also has a wide variety of sets, so it is somewhat unpredictable. That would really improve a team.

Next, I figured I would pick another attacker. I wanted one whose type synergyzed well with Samurott. Samurott is weak to grass. It is strong against rock and ground. Charizard is a good match. It is very strong against grass, and weak to rock and (kind of) ground. Also, Charizard is popular, and looks cool when shiny, so why not choose it.

Next, I needed a physical attacker. Samurott and Charizard are both special, so I needed something to dish out potent attacks on the physical side. That is why I chose Kangaskhan.

However, my team is now weak to entry hazards. One pokemon Stealth Rock weak, and no resists. I needed a rapid spinner. Since I thought it was the best of the available ones, I chose Wartortle.

Next, I figured I would get another physical attacker, since I have 2 special ones and only 1 physical one. I thought that a fighting-type would be good since I have always heard how good fighting-types are. That left me with Sawk and Primeape, and I ended up choosing Sawk over Primeape.

Next, I needed another bulky pokemon to reliably set up Stealth Rock. That left me with Piloswine and Metang. I chose Piloswine because it had better bulk.

And then Brawlfest came up with a good idea. Since Wartortle wasn't doing mutch anyways, only Charizard is SR weak, and SR isn't exactly common down in NU, I replaced Wartortle with a Roselia.

Each pokemon:
Samurott @ Life Orb

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Surf Megahorn

Samurott is a good choice. It has great power and versatility. Physical Samurott is more common, so people will protect better against Swords Dance than Special Life Orb Samurott. Samurott wins matches for me quite frequently, so I want to keep him. He has also cause opponents to switch in physical walls, for them to get KO'd on several occasions. I would like to replace Surf with something, but I don't know what to switch it to.

Charizard @ Choice Specs

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric] [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Charizard is a powerful attacker. I find its attacks very potent. He doesn't win matches for me, but he smashes with powerful attacks against walls, regardless what type they are. I chose Hidden Power Electric instead of Hidden Power Grass because electric gives it better coverage and better IVs, while still hitting water-types. Focus Blast is there for another coverage move because Fire Blast misses are rare for me. It also helps with the Rock-types hidden power grass covers and hidden power electric does not.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf

Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 1
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Scrappy is a given ability for Kangaskhan. I chose Frustration over Return to prevent just anyone from copying its normal STAB and sweeping my team with it, because 255 happiness and Return is more common on pokemon. Fake out is a given. I chose Drain Punch over Earthquake and Silk Scarf over Life Orb for longevity. Sucker punch is there for priority. I find that it hits hard and powers through opponents well. Although its bulk is not amazing, it doesn't leave me desiring much more.

Wartortle @ Eviolite

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Dark]

Rapid Spin is there so it can spin away hazards. Foresight is there to catch any Ghost-type on the switch and prevent it from spin-blocking. Toxic is there to damage other walls, and Hidden Power Dark is there to eliminate ghosts if it can't foresight. However, I find Wartorle to be quite weak. It lacks recovery and doesn't take attacks that well. I would want to replace it with something better, but I can't find anything.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Choice Band

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Sawk is a powerhouse. It can smash through most things for me, and it outspeeds almost all foes. It is my only SR resist on the entire team. It can outspeed almost anything. It is great at revenge-KOing. It can muscle through some very bulky walls, even. Due to its power and SR resist, it can stick around into the late-game, as it normally does.

Piloswine @ Eviolite

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Piloswine is amazing. It takes attacks really well and can hit for decent damage in return. I find that I can rely on it to switch in and set up Stealth Rock. It has even saved me during a match by surviving a Golem's Explosion without taking large amounts of damage, and then managed to set up Stealth Rock and survive some more damage.

Roselia @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

It has decent bulk and can function somewhat well. It can absorb Toxic Spikes, helping my team deal with status. It can also hit hard against Water-types, which my team had not possessed anything to use to deal with them before

A pastebin with replays can be found here. Note that I am playing as one of my alts in some of them. I would appreciate any advice I can get, both on the team itself and how I use it.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting team. Looking at the team, it is very electric weak, barring only Piloswine to stop them. Looking at the team, there are some interesting twists on the norm, but others make absolutely no sense.

The first thing I cannot make sense of is Wartortle. Outside of your charizard, you have no reason to run it. Looking at the team, Scarf Sawk can be turned to Band Sawk, as you utilize Mold Breaker more effectively, and you will be able to prevent Stealth Rocks at the source. Another reason Scarf Sawk is useless is Kangaskhan is already a dedicated revenge killer.

Wartortle is an extreme momentum suck for a offensive team like yours, so I suggest you run another electric resist outside of Piloswine. Looking at the team, you need a rather defensive pivot that doesn't lose momentum for Heavy Offense. You are also weak to Toxic Spikes. For this reason, you should run Offensive Pivot Roselia over Wartortle. Not only do you not lose momentum, but you can absorb Status, something your team hates, as well as absorb Toxic Spikes.

Megahorn over Surf on Samurott, in order to catch Jynx off guard and eliminate it for the rest of the match.
Hidden Power Grass over electric on SpecsZard, as you hit everything electric would hit outside of mantine, but you will be given the tools to hit Carracosta and Seismitoad, far more potent threats.

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

I wont bother to leave Charizard and Samurott's sets, as they are pretty easy to understand..

This is a very interesting team. Looking at the team, it is very electric weak, barring only Piloswine to stop them. Looking at the team, there are some interesting twists on the norm, but others make absolutely no sense.

The first thing I cannot make sense of is Wartortle. Outside of your charizard, you have no reason to run it. Looking at the team, Scarf Sawk can be turned to Band Sawk, as you utilize Mold Breaker more effectively, and you will be able to prevent Stealth Rocks at the source. Another reason Scarf Sawk is useless is Kangaskhan is already a dedicated revenge killer.

Wartortle is an extreme momentum suck for a offensive team like yours, so I suggest you run another electric resist outside of Piloswine. Looking at the team, you need a rather defensive pivot that doesn't lose momentum for Heavy Offense. You are also weak to Toxic Spikes. For this reason, you should run Offensive Pivot Roselia over Wartortle. Not only do you not lose momentum, but you can absorb Status, something your team hates, as well as absorb Toxic Spikes.

Megahorn over Surf on Samurott, in order to catch Jynx off guard and eliminate it for the rest of the match.
Hidden Power Grass over electric on SpecsZard, as you hit everything electric would hit outside of mantine, but you will be given the tools to hit Carracosta and Seismitoad, far more potent threats.

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

I wont bother to leave Charizard and Samurott's sets, as they are pretty easy to understand..
What should Samurott's nature be? Modest would harm the power of its Megahorn, making Megahorn only useful against Jynx.

What should Samurott's nature be? Modest would harm the power of its Megahorn, making Megahorn only useful against Jynx.
Megahorn ohko's even with modest, won't matter. It only helps against Jynx, but considering Jynx beats the majority of your team, I think baiting it with Samurott and OHKOing it is definitely something which benefits you greatly :)

I forgot to mention, change Piloswine's EV spread from 252 SDef to 252 Atk Adamant to increase it useability in the match, it isn't meant to wall. It should tank, meaning it takes hits and fires back harder.

*EDIT*
To respond to the below (without making a new post)
Samurotts selling point is bulk, so thats inefficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)