5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello. :)

I just started trying out rng abuse, but I don't manage to calibrate my parameters since RNG reporters don't find any seed. I made sur that my mac address was correct, i'm pretty sure the time is correct (I even tried a large range of seconds, it finds nothing). I also made sure I don't press any button until the star appears.
I use a 3DS and a french version of white 2, with the IV method (in victory road).

Thanks

Edit : I think I found out where was the problem : I used the time when the battle started instead of when I lauched the game. ^^'

Edit 2 : Also, i have another question : should I lauch the game exactly when my chronometer reaches the right team, or a few seconds before ? When is determined the seed ? When the green light of the 3D turns off ? When the blank screen appears ?

Thanks ^^

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hello. :)

I just started trying out rng abuse, but I don't manage to calibrate my parameters since RNG reporters don't find any seed. I made sur that my mac address was correct, i'm pretty sure the time is correct (I even tried a large range of seconds, it finds nothing). I also made sure I don't press any button until the star appears.
I use a 3DS and a french version of white 2, with the IV method (in victory road).

Thanks

Edit : I think I found out where was the problem : I used the time when the battle started instead of when I lauched the game. ^^'

Edit 2 : Also, i have another question : should I lauch the game exactly when my chronometer reaches the right team, or a few seconds before ? When is determined the seed ? When the green light of the 3D turns off ? When the blank screen appears ?

Thanks ^^
When you find your parameters, take note of the "actual seconds" column in the results, and compare that to the time you entered for when you started the game. It should be about 8 seconds different. Assuming it's 8 seconds, you would start the game (push A on the ds menu to launch it) 8 seconds before your seed time. So if the reporter says your seed is at 00:00:20, you would push A at the ds menu at 00:00:12. You just have to be accurate to the second.

You have to hold keypresses until the Game freak screen appears (the one with the copyright info. It's recommended to hold them until the shooting star) so sometime around then is when the seed is set.

Hello, I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter on a Windows laptop.

For RNG manipulation, I am using a DS Lite, MAC Address is 00-17-AB-7E-31-EF, with Pokemon White 1 as the only game in the system.
My VCount is 60, my Timer0 Min is C&F, Timer0 Max is C7F without any key presses.

Now, I have been trying to RNG a near flawless Zekrom with a Naughty nature. Threw the required data into the program after calibrating the game cartridge
and making a profile. I picked seed A5C24EC1D42A60C8 that gave a 31 31 30 31 31 31 spread. I prepared the DS settings and in-game settings, and booted up the game at
the right time if 7:23:59. Went and caught Zekrom, and verified his IVs using a combination of RNG Reporter's own IV checker and Pokemon Showdown's team builder screen.
While I don't know if this is the most definitive way of verification, it was the quickest way to my knowledge to basically check if I was close in the immediate battle against N.

Found out that I had hit the right IVs, but not the right nature. I believe I hit a calm nature. I hard reset and re-prepare the system and try again. Load the game, hit the seed, and check and find out I hit the same exact nature again. I repeat this twice and get the same data.

I try a different seed, 84EE6FA6834FB3D7, that gave a 31 31 29 31 28 31 spread. Prepare, load up, check, and I get a different wrong nature this time. Repeat this and I get the same situation again where I am hitting the seed and getting the correct IVs, but hitting the same wrong nature.

Looked on Google and it pointed me to the fact that I'm probably not hitting the right PIDRNG frame. So I go check both seeds and take a look at their PIDRNG on the main screen
of the program. I look, and I'm surprised to see that the PIDRNG nature is not matching up with the in-game frame nature that I have tried to verify.

My question is: Am I just having bad luck with the seeds not matching up to the nature? Or am I missing something? I'm standing right next to Zekrom, with a Synchroniser in front with a Naughty nature, and 5 Pokemon in the party to hit frame 1, just as Smogon's RNG guide says to do.

I can provide screenshots if necessary.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
You aren't getting the correct nature because you aren't advancing the PIDRNG frame. If you look in the main window, after hitting the "calculate initial frame" button and then generate, you will notice that Calm is the nature on the initial frame for seed A5C24EC1D42A60C8. So, you need to advance the frame to one with a naughty nature by saving or viewing the summary of a Chatot with a custom chatter. So, for the seed A5C24EC1D42A60C8, keep doing what you are doing, but save the game/view chatot's summary once before encountering Zekrom.

And thanks for providing such detailed info :)

edit: And welcome to Smogon! :D

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the answer :)

Also, I'm trying to get a perfect Keldeo, but I was wondering, should I use wondercard or GLAN wondercard ?

Edit : Nevermind, I found my answer. I will just continue to try. :)

Last edited:
Okay so, uh, hi, I'm completely new to RNGing. I've got the .net thing, and I downloaded the .zip for RNG Reporter. When I tried to unzip with WinRAR, I got this:-

Is this a common thing or am I doing something horribly, horribly wrong that makes everyone here cringe?

You aren't getting the correct nature because you aren't advancing the PIDRNG frame. If you look in the main window, after hitting the "calculate initial frame" button and then generate, you will notice that Calm is the nature on the initial frame for seed A5C24EC1D42A60C8. So, you need to advance the frame to one with a naughty nature by saving or viewing the summary of a Chatot with a custom chatter. So, for the seed A5C24EC1D42A60C8, keep doing what you are doing, but save the game/view chatot's summary once before encountering Zekrom.

And thanks for providing such detailed info :)

edit: And welcome to Smogon! :D

That was the problem, and was able to this morning RNG the Zekrom and get the right nature! Thank you very much, shiny finder! I appreciate it.

Ok, it's me again. I found out I still have problems I thought I got rid of. So, here's my situation :

I was trying to rng manipulate Keldeo to get a perfect one, but I found out that a wrong one came out often. So I decided to check my seed to see if I was doing something wrong with the frame advancement, and I found out that the Keldeo I got wasn't in my seed (or near the one I'm looking for). So I looked for the Keldeo I got with the time finder, to see if I didn't hit the wrong seed all the time, but it cames out that the only seed with a Keldeo that corresponds the one I find was at at least 1 hour of difference.
Then, the only possibility was that my calibration was wrong, so I tried to calibrate it again, but it doesn't work. This is what I do :

1) save the game in the victory road
2) set my time and launch a chronometer
3) start the game and note the time
4) no button pressing until the star appears
5) don't turn on c-gear
6) use sweet scent
7) catch the pokémon
8) report its IVs

The mac address is correct, I use a 3DS with a french white 2.

And the point is that the program don't find any seed that corresponds to what I found. :/

If anyone has an answer, I'll appreciate some help. Thanks ! :)

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
It sounds like you have gotten results before, so what changed between then and now? Different month, different settings etc

You can try widening your search range on the parameters, but again if you found results before without having to change anything, you should be able to now. Are you using a 24-hour based time? Are you resynching your chronometer and 3ds every time? You can also try the Unova link mehod, depending on which version you are using (doesn't work in 9.96.5). And you aren't SR'ing right? I know you have to hard reset but I'm not sure if that counts as just closing the game on a 3ds (I guess you could always just fully turn off the 3ds to be sure, but that may be unnecessary)

Kurona did you try redownloading the zip file? And why are you using WinRAR? Can you not just right click on it and say "extract all"? you can also just run it out of the zip file.

Last edited:
Kurona did you try redownloading the zip file? And why are you using WinRAR? Can you not just right click on it and say "extract all"? you can also just run it out of the zip file.
I tried so, yes, and it doesn't give me the option of 'extract all' - WinRAR's my method of extracting. I'm not sure how you mean by run it outside the Zip file.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I tried so, yes, and it doesn't give me the option of 'extract all' - WinRAR's my method of extracting. I'm not sure how you mean by run it outside the Zip file.
Windows should be able to unzip .zip files on it's own, without WinRAR. Have you had other problems in the past with it? You can prevent yourself from using WinRAR by opening WinRAR, then going to Options>settings>integration and unticking zip. I'm not that familiar with WinRAR, but it shouldn't be needed to unzip .zip files...only .rar

Oh, I just meant you can double-click the zip folder to open it and then run the reporter that way.

Well, a file then. Does it look like a folder with a zipper on it? What happens when you double-click it? Oh, and are you on windows?
I am definitely windows. I done a little fiddling and done what you said - I unticked the thing and I made all files of that type open as a .zip folder. Which is great because now I'm finally able to play Smash Flash 2. However, now when I try to open the Zip folder - and this message reads for no other Zip folder - it gives me this message.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I am definitely windows. I done a little fiddling and done what you said - I unticked the thing and I made all files of that type open as a .zip folder. Which is great because now I'm finally able to play Smash Flash 2. However, now when I try to open the Zip folder - and this message reads for no other Zip folder - it gives me this message.
haha well at least that fixed something :). Not sure where you are downloading it from, but it seems like there's nothing in it. Try Here for 9.96.6. It's alpha so it may have some bugs, but it works just fine. If you need an xp version it looks like Esmeya posted a link a few posts above.

This is weird, I managed to do calibration (or it looked like so), but I still can't find a near seed containing the spread I find. :/

haha well at least that fixed something :). Not sure where you are downloading it from, but it seems like there's nothing in it. Try Here for 9.96.6. It's alpha so it may have some bugs, but it works just fine. If you need an xp version it looks like Esmeya posted a link a few posts above.
Yyyyyes, that worked, thank you very much for the help. Now I can finally get into this RNGing perfect Legendaries business.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
This is weird, I managed to do calibration (or it looked like so), but I still can't find a near seed containing the spread I find. :/
Wondercard and wild Iv's are handled differently so you probably won't be able to figure out what you're hitting by catching wild pokemon. If you aren't using 9.96.5 (iirc it doesn't work in that version), you can use the adjacent seed tool to try to see what you are getting that way when you get the Keldeo (under 5th gen tools). It sounds like you are getting the wrong Timer0. Nothing you can do about that but to keep trying. If you think you aren't using your most common one, recalibrate several times (seriously, 10+ times) to find it, and then potentially find a new seed that uses your most common one.

Yyyyyes, that worked, thank you very much for the help. Now I can finally get into this RNGing perfect Legendaries business.
haha you're welcome! Looks like you never had the reporter in the first place XD. Good luck! :)

Wondercard and wild Iv's are handled differently so you probably won't be able to figure out what you're hitting by catching wild pokemon. If you aren't using 9.96.5 (iirc it doesn't work in that version), you can use the adjacent seed tool to try to see what you are getting that way when you get the Keldeo (under 5th gen tools). It sounds like you are getting the wrong Timer0. Nothing you can do about that but to keep trying. If you think you aren't using your most common one, recalibrate several times (seriously, 10+ times) to find it, and then potentially find a new seed that uses your most common one.
I use version 9.96.6 beta. So I should recalibrate several times and then compare what I get ?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I use version 9.96.6 beta. So I should recalibrate several times and then compare what I get ?
Might not be a bad idea if you keep getting the wrong seed when going for the Keldeo. Timer0 does troll a lot in W2 though so it's not uncommon for it to be wrong. If you're still having problems with the IV method (although it sounds like you can get results so I'd stick with that), you can try Unova link calibration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)