5th Gen Sun Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first sun team I've created so I'm gonna need some tips.

Behemoth (Groudon) @ Leftovers?
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
A weather starter/tank. Groundon sets up the sun that Cresselia needs while Boosting Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire(needed due to lack of investment into special attack) and turning Reshiram's Blue Flare into a total nightmare. Equake is for STAB, Stone Edge kills Ho-Oh and Fire Punch murders ferro which walls Giratina, Latios and Cresselia.

Feng-huang (Ho-Oh) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
A specially defensive tank/Darkrai counter. It counter Darkrai and Specially Offensive Arceus forms. Brave Bird is the main offensive move and Sacred Fire spreads burns which helps deal with Ekillers that the team hates.

Diana (Cresselia) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam/Barrier
- Light Screen
- Toxic
The team's wall. This is pretty much a standard Cresselia set. Moonlight is for recovery, Ice Beam is to prevent it from being completely destroyed by taunt. Toxic takes advantage of Cresselia's bulk and is her main method of dealing damage. Barrier helps soften hits from Arceus while Light screen messes with special attackers.

Lucifer (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Pulse
- Stone Edge
A standard Giratina-O set. HP fire fries ferrothorn who would otherwise wall him, Shadow Sneak is for priority and finishing stuff off, Dragon Pulse for STAB, and Stone Edge kills Ho-Oh. Giratina revenge kills with priority Shadow Sneaks.

Truth (Reshiram) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast

A regular Specs Reshiram. Draco Meteor and Blue Flare(in the sun) wrecks everything and helps clear the path for latios to sweep, dragon pulse is for more reliable STAB, and Focus blast kills Tyranitar (accuracy sucks though). It may be replaced later on by a rapid spinner or Arceus check.

Aeon (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
A late game sweeper/ Kyogre counter. Thunder kills Kyogre(who is a major pain) while Thunderbolt is functional outside of the rain(Ho-Oh). Latios can also serve as fodder for Darkrai so the rest of the team isn't crippled.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)