A Bulky Offense RMT (without legendaries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's my first post a RMT. So now let's look at the team. (it's kinda the point of a rmt)

M9 gernsback (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 Atk/4 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

It's a standard lead Aero, taunts, sets up sr, and dies.(or against anti-leads sets up sr and dies) SR is really just to stop my opponent from switching all the time. I don't know what else to say.

Codarl (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor is here as my priority user and it works well enough, but im not entirely happy with CB. (thinking of switching to a SD set [252 atk 252 spd 4 hp @life orb sd/bp/roost/filler] which i have used before)

Savage (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower?

Scarf Tyranitar is my main sweeper, and i love it. I'm not too sure about the last move though. (maybe fire blast/ice beam for the last move?) I'm not using DD because T-tar has alot of counters/checks that can force him out.

Mithril (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psychic/Recover

Starmie is my main (only) special sweeper. I usually keep it hidden untill late game, once its counters are gone its only problem is LO recoil. (psychic is for machamp who can kill alot of this team)

Arbalest (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Flygon is for scouting/late game sweeping and provides much needed ground and electric immunities. Fire Blast is for Skarmory who walls most of my team without it.

Amalgam (Metagross) @ Lum Berry?
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP/248 Atk/20 Def/4 Spd?
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Iron Head
- Explosion/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch?
Metagross is the poke im having the most problems with. Right now i'm using the attacking lead sets evs (since Aero wont be killing many leads anyways) and because i liked the bulk it had. I'm thinking of switching Metagross out completely. (for a rotom-h?)

As you can see i rely on natural bulk for most of the pokes. I have abit of trouble with Skarm and crocune (which rotom could help with) but other than that it seems to work, (15/5 so far) i'm open to changing aero and meta but the others i would like to keep. (no legendaries if possible)

Thanks for taking the time to read.
p.s. bonus points if you can name the series the nicknames reference.
p.p.s. sorry for any grammatical mistakes it's not exactly my best subject.

Dark Ray, you might want to flesh out your descriptions for your team, especially in explaining the team's synergy (how they work together). Anything in the RMT archives works as a good example. Even for your Standard Aerodactyl lead, you can explain what your strategy for him is, how he deals with other leads, why stealth rock is important for your team, etc...

Half your team is choiced, which means you'll be switching out a lot, especially since they are more popular OU pokemon (which means the opponent is very likely to have a check/counter for them).

Your Aerodactyl has 252 Special Attack EVs, which I'm sure is supposed to be regular Attack.

You have a big weakness to bulky waters, who can set up, stall, and KO most of your team, particularly the different varieties of Suicune. You might want to replace Metagross with a Rotom Appliance.

Honestly though, it's a rather uninspired team. Looks like a mishmash of powerful OU pokemon with popular Smogon sets.

Oh, and the reference is to Full Metal Panic!

Thanks for the rate i'll try Rotom-h. This team is just 6 powerful OU pokes, but it seems to work. The stratagy is really just kill untill you're killed. (i actually dont have to switch my choiced users much as anything scizor cant kill can probably kill him so i would be switching anyways, and flygon scouts with u-turn)

p.s. thanks for noticing the spatk on aero im not sure how it got on there but apparently i had been using it all along.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please expand your descriptions as they're definitely not up to rule 3:

RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)