Other Metagames A Hyper Offense STABmons Team (insert creative title here)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
*typed on mobile ignore autocorrect

Hi RMT. I guess it is time for another OM RMT from me, largely because I am very bored and felt like writing something. This is my first STABmons team; some credit to dusk raimon and Eevee General because Raimon helped me start the team initially and Eevee gave me advice throughout building it because I was just getting into the meta. Anyways, I don't like the teambuilding process portion of these, so I'll skip that like I usually do and go right into the team.

A Look At The Team

The Team

Meloetta @ Earth Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Dazzling Gleam
- Boomburst
- Psystrike

The cutest member of the team first, Meloetta is a great wallbreaker. With this set it has a grand total of 2 reliable switchins, Ferrothorn and bulky Scizor. Earth Plate / Judgment mostly functions as a Heatran lure, who otherwise destroys my team. Dazzling Gleam is for Sableye, because FUCK Sableye. Psystrike hits a lot of spd walls, but honestly I usually just click Boomburst. This set used to have Shell Smash > Dazzling Gleam, which I have to admit was a LOT better and would completely destroy most teams, but things change and this thing is still a solid threat. EVs are p self explanatory, max power, 200 speed because I like over-creeping things, and some bulk. Weirdly, this thing is my lead most of the time because it counters as a great Anti-Lead to like everything.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Dark Void
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp / Recover

Hah memes. Sableye is the most annoying thing in STABmons, and for good reason. Topsy Turvy blanket checks ALL sweepers, especially due to Sableye being immune to Extreme Speed. Dark Void because who doesn't love prankster sleep? Parting Shot fits the team built around supporting Ursaring sweeping everything, and DVoid + Parting Shot give a ton of set-up opportunities. Watch out for Braviary/Bisharp though who will happily abuse it. Wisp is great because double status is unexpected, and Sab dying is honestly helpful sometimes. Recover is also an option for longevity. Basically, Sab's job is to blanket check all sweepers and give Thundy, Scizor and Ursaring opportunities to set up and win.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Lol back when shift grind zor was a thing it was the most broken thing around that for some reason nobody ever suggested suspecting. I was ok with it, because I loved abusing it. Once the STABmons update came out I reverted to Bullet Punch. This thing is more of a support mon, and is very annoying to face when it starts setting up.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

This thing is often slept on, which is great. I needed hazards, I needed a fast Taunt, and I needed a ground immunity. Aerodactyl simply gave me some serious role compression. This thing is just a great anti lead, and is the only thing I usually lead with besides Meloetta. Taunt prevents opposing hazards, Life Orb STAB Head Smash with no recoil is just ridiculously good, and Brave Bird without recoil is cool as well.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt

Hmm... arguably the most broken thing currently in STABmons. Flat out beats Sableye, which is really important for a team because of how threatening Sableye is. After a Nasty Plot Thundy can honestly just win against a large amount of teams. OBWing is both powerful STAB and recovery. Even without SpA investment Thundy is stupid powerful and finds it really easy to sweep. In fact, this thing is probably the only special attacker that beats Chansey because it outboosts and absorbs enough HP back to counteract seismic toss.

Ursaring @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Seed Bomb

Basically just eliminate Gengar (which is already uncommon in STABmons), Sableye if you suspect it has topsy turvy, Stoutland, use Belly Drum and win. Ursaring gets an opportunity to set up very often thanks to Sableye, and when it does it is near unstoppable. Espeed bops everything neutral, and CC/EQ cover bulky steels especially Skarm. Seed Bomb is specifically for Quagsire who otherwise walls most of my team, and can also function as a non contact move on predicted Kings Shield's. A lot of people will try and double between Lando and Ferro in order to get passive damage and intimidate, so don't be afraid to predict with this. Ursaring is my primary sweeper and wincon, especially because a lot of people predict Fake Out + Extreme Speed and switch out on the BD / get fucked.

Nothing else to say. Basically, get rocks out early and let sableye enable your sweepers to do their job. This team is as HO as it gets. It is pretty easy to play, and is usually a good team to use in Tours room tournaments (granted they are usually quite easy). I've beaten most of the best players in STABmons with this team, such as Word and Unfixable, and they are better than me so obviously this team must be decent.

jeran take this and stop asking me for teams every tour :/

Meloetta @ Earth Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Dazzling Gleam
- Boomburst
- Psystrike

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Dark Void
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt

Ursaring @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Stall is pretty much my only real threat. Mega Slowbro and Quagsire are very hard to break. Nothing on offense gives too much of a problem.

HunterStorm for getting me into AG and OMs in general
Zangooser lol I dont like you stop messaging me gay shit on skype
unfixable Electrolyte Hashtag Feliburn Arikado Omega-Xis14 Yagura thanks for being my gbffl (gay best friends for life)
gasquakee baconbagon and Rhythms are the only 11 year olds allowed on Smogon that i know of so props to them
Gunner Rohan GonxKillua xJownage thanks for reassuring me I'm not the biggest asshole on Smogon
Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab Twix Dream Eater Gengar Betathunder Leafshield Megazard Peef Rimgar Articuno I the Other Metas people I still talk to
Hawkie Goalie I put you together because I know you are best friends
Freeroamer Natural Talent Electrolyte m00ns Exeggutor you own the only private rooms I go to regularly so props for that
Nedor Sonired IronBullet Team Pokepals rate this???
shade fuck rodan
^turn that into a mosque (BAN ME PLEASE)
Voltages i couldn't think of anything to write for you lol suck a dick I guess

Thanks gays. guys*
I didn't save replays sorry. I realize this is kind of short but I'm tired.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for whatever. However, reserved posts are usually boring, so in the meantime, enjoy these amazing quotes.

[00:49:12] #Electrolyte: literally
[00:49:18] #Electrolyte: im reading through some anti gay articles on the internet
[00:49:21] #Electrolyte: this is a load of bullcrap
[00:49:36] #Electrolyte: www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/3160/why_is_gay_not_okay.aspxw
[00:49:38] #Electrolyte: this article
[00:49:41] #Electrolyte: is disgusting
[00:49:48] #Electrolyte: the author has absolutely no idea what he's talking about
[00:49:55] #Electrolyte: and the comments are atrocious
[00:50:05] #Electrolyte: "gayness is most likely only caused by childhood trauma"
[00:50:22] #Electrolyte: "gayness has no function in nature and is detrimental to species"
[00:50:54] #Electrolyte: im disgusted. this is why i cant take religious gay arguments serious
[00:51:06] #Electrolyte: if marriage is only supposed to be between man and woman for the sake of making children
[00:51:16] #Electrolyte: then what about men and women that are infertile. are they not allowed to have sex?
[00:51:20] #Electrolyte: oh
[00:51:21] #Electrolyte: that fucking article
[00:51:23] #Electrolyte: even said that
[00:51:31] #Electrolyte: because human bodies are not designed for homosexual sex
[00:51:37] #Electrolyte: their sex organs will decay
[00:51:41] #Electrolyte: like wtf???????
[00:51:44] #Electrolyte: the author also said that
[00:52:03] #Electrolyte: homosexuality has become a fantasy culture, in which people only have homo sex for the thrill of catching HIV
[00:52:40] #Electrolyte: The body becomes confused by the misuse of the sexual organs and the result is the rampant spread of disease. The rationalization for homosexual behavior even includes the denial of death or, in some cases, its actual pursuit—
[00:52:41] #Electrolyte: as in the “bug chasers” who actively seek to be infected by HIV because of the additional thrill the risk of catching it purportedly provides.
[00:52:51] #Electrolyte: are you like fucking retarded or what
[00:53:35] #Electrolyte: these people dont understand what they're talking about
[00:53:44] #Electrolyte: they can only see it from their point of view
[00:53:56] #Electrolyte: Sex isn't only for procreation
[00:54:03] #Electrolyte: homosexuality is seen widely throughout nature
[00:54:13] #Electrolyte: male giraffes have noticeably more homosexual sex than heterosexual sex
[00:54:22] #Electrolyte: 20% of mallard duck relationships are homosexual
[00:54:30] #Electrolyte: 25% of black swan relationships are homosexual
[00:54:41] #Electrolyte: 60% of bonobo sex is between two or more females
[00:54:48] #Electrolyte: like
[00:54:51] #Electrolyte: i dont even care about sex ok
[00:54:55] #Electrolyte: i just want to marry a man
[00:54:59] #Electrolyte: and raise children with him
[00:55:01] #Electrolyte: i could do without sex
[00:55:08] #Electrolyte: lewd aka SpaceBass movie nights
[00:55:27] #Electrolyte: if sex is only for procration
[00:55:29] #Electrolyte: then:
[00:55:42] #Electrolyte: sex with condoms should be banned
[00:55:48] #Electrolyte: sex between infertile people should be banned
[00:56:04] #Electrolyte: also
[00:56:10] #Electrolyte: there is plenty of research showing that
[00:56:23] #Electrolyte: there is no difference between homosexual parents and heterosexual parents
[00:56:26] #Electrolyte: in the child's point of view
[00:56:31] #Electrolyte: in fact
[00:56:38] #Electrolyte: homosexual children tend to be more successful in life
[00:56:46] #Electrolyte: because they are taught to be more open about themselves and their feelings
[00:56:58] #Electrolyte: and are given more space for self expression and acceptance
[00:57:04] #Electrolyte: ALSO
[00:57:06] #Electrolyte: THE GAY GENE
[00:57:08] #Electrolyte: COMES FROM THE MOTHER
[00:57:21] #Electrolyte: that isn't confirmed yet but it is suspected
[00:57:29] #Electrolyte: that the male homosexual gene is on the X chromosome
[01:01:22] #Electrolyte: good night
#Electrolyte left

[11:21] Josh: [10:50] KANUPAKU: No! I am not. But it is good to hear that Joshz is one of the top 10 worst players in PS
[11:21] Josh: [10:50] KANUPAKU: No! I am not Kidding. But it is good to hear that Joshz is one of the top 10 worst players in PS
[11:21] Josh: um what?
[11:22] mjdigit: wut
[11:28] Electrolyte: dont worry about the haters, Josh
[11:28] Electrolyte: who is KANUPAKU to decide how good you are
[11:29] KANUPAKU: the time here is 9 pm
[11:30] KANUPAKU: and dont say a lie! Someone else said that
[11:31] KANUPAKU: Someone else said that you were one of the top 10 worst players in PS
[11:31] mjdigit: *slaps*
[11:31] Josh: https://gyazo.com/05a00ed850546ededa7c0090c7bbb93c and have you heard of timezones?
[11:32] KANUPAKU: yes i have and i am referring to Indian Standard Time
[11:35] +Chopin Alkaninoff: Lol. Good or bad is subjective
[11:35] gunner xd: uh
[11:35] gunner xd: Josh
[11:36] gunner xd: it was banter
[11:37] KANUPAKU: aha i remember it was gunner xd who said you were one of the worst players in PS.
[11:37] gunner xd: it was literally
[11:37] gunner xd: banter
[11:38] KANUPAKU: you confess?

[00:35] Sasome: shut up
[00:35] Sasome: mom
[00:35] %E4 Flint: stop shitposting sasome
[00:35] Sasome: i'm not
[00:35] Sasome: stop living e4 flint
[00:36] Sasome: ur existence is unneeded
Sasome was warned by E4 Flint. (stop shitposting)
[00:36] %E4 Flint: im giving you the option to stop rn
[00:36] Sasome: why did u ban ps
[00:36] Sasome: I need it
[00:38] Sasome: i'm gonna try a new strat
[00:42] Sasome: swagger isn't allowed
[00:42] Sasome: right?
[00:42] re-horakhty: In ag it is
[00:42] Sasome: ughh
[00:42] Sasome: I hate u
[00:43] Sasome: i'm tackling ur mom right now
[00:43] Sasome: although it's pretty hard
[00:43] Sasome: she's too fat
[00:43] Sasome: not u flint
Sasome was muted by E4 Flint for 7 minutes. (Stop with the shitty bashing)

[00:51] Sasome: I spk vry baaad engigshsh
[00:51] re-horakhty: Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery CHMF
[00:52] Sasome: no u
[00:52] JelloGirl: Y u so mean?
[00:52] Sasome: y u so gay
[00:52] Sasome: jello girl
[00:52] re-horakhty: No bickering childern
[00:52] ghgfhdfhgfht: might want to cool it on the insults Sasome
Sasome was muted by E4 Flint for 1 hour. (No more shitposts)

[01:53] Sasome: finally
[01:54] Sasome: now
[01:54] Sasome: e4 flint
[01:54] Sasome: I need to tell u smoething
[01:54] Sasome: ur fat
[01:54] Sasome: and ur moms
[01:54] Sasome: balsd
[01:54] Sasome: 8bald[00:49:12] #Electrolyte: literally

[00:35] Sasome: shut up
[00:35] Sasome: mom
[00:35] %E4 Flint: stop shitposting sasome
[00:35] Sasome: i'm not
[00:35] Sasome: stop living e4 flint
[00:36] Sasome: ur existence is unneeded
Sasome was warned by E4 Flint. (stop shitposting)
[00:36] %E4 Flint: im giving you the option to stop rn
[00:36] Sasome: why did u ban ps
[00:36] Sasome: I need it
[00:38] Sasome: i'm gonna try a new strat
[00:42] Sasome: swagger isn't allowed
[00:42] Sasome: right?
[00:42] re-horakhty: In ag it is
[00:42] Sasome: ughh
[00:42] Sasome: I hate u
[00:43] Sasome: i'm tackling ur mom right now
[00:43] Sasome: although it's pretty hard
[00:43] Sasome: she's too fat
[00:43] Sasome: not u flint
Sasome was muted by E4 Flint for 7 minutes. (Stop with the shitty bashing)

[00:51] Sasome: I spk vry baaad engigshsh
[00:51] re-horakhty: Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery CHMF
[00:52] Sasome: no u
[00:52] JelloGirl: Y u so mean?
[00:52] Sasome: y u so gay
[00:52] Sasome: jello girl
[00:52] re-horakhty: No bickering childern
[00:52] ghgfhdfhgfht: might want to cool it on the insults Sasome
Sasome was muted by E4 Flint for 1 hour. (No more shitposts)

[01:53] Sasome: finally
[01:54] Sasome: now
[01:54] Sasome: e4 flint
[01:54] Sasome: I need to tell u smoething
[01:54] Sasome: ur fat
[01:54] Sasome: and ur moms
[01:54] Sasome: balsd
[01:54] Sasome: 8bald

Last edited:
Hey, Joshz, looks like I'll be here to rate your team!

At a cursory glance, it seems to me that Hoopa-Unbound is a bit threatening. It can flat out OHKO everything but Mega Scizor with Sucker Punch (and Sableye, since it doesn't run attacks, but it's also demolished by Knock Off) and since it's priority, it places a ton of pressure on your team. To remedy this, I'd suggest running Thunder Wave on Thundurus. I'd place it over Nasty Plot, honestly. Since you already have two other potent set up sweepers, you can afford to remove one. This also helps you versus Mega Scizor after Sableye has been knocked out, and has the added benefit of helping helping you with another threat: Mega Charizard X. Speaking of Mega Charizard X, it seems rather difficult to stop after it has set up a Dragon Dance when Sableye is out of play. Just pointing that out for you, since it would be a shame if I were to bring one to counter team you, Josh. ;]

That's just a minor change, since your team honestly seems to cover most things! Dark-types in general, namely Hoopa-Unbound and Weavile in particular, are threatening, so be careful.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Name= "The commonest of mons with the uncommonest sets" and i prefer scarf on aero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)