Abomasnow

Fixed it for ya.

Just theroymoning here but would shinpora be good for hail teams? it resist fighting, has magic guard, and instant recovery so it could be used offensively or defensively. It's to bad it's a tad slow and "frail". It defences are ok but could be much better.
Rankurusu or w.e the hell its called is probably better in that respect. Bulkier, and doesn't share a rock weakness with the ice types.

Rankurusu or w.e the hell its called is probably better in that respect. Bulkier, and doesn't share a rock weakness with the ice types.
Damn, forgot about jelly bear...he also gets focus blast to counter...rock types and such.

@Raquaza I was just fixing grammar errors lol. I don't know shit about Rotom XD

the problem with rankurusu for me is wobbuffet when i use it
HATE THAT PURPLE BLOBBY TROLL OF DOOOMMMMMMM
i have used rank in hail and thats what mostly happpen

I think Barujina could function well as a partner for Abomasnow as well. It's quite bulky, and Dustproof makes it an excellent stall machine.

I think Barujina could function well as a partner for Abomasnow as well. It's quite bulky, and Dustproof makes it an excellent stall machine.
Unfortunately, it's neutral to Fighting and Fire and weak to Rock, which is the most likely attacks it'd have to switch in on considering things that would be spamming Blizzard.

I tried hail and used this and it sets up hail and dies, it's awful. All ut did was support kyuremu

@Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warming
Hasty Nature
Evs: 140 Atk/116 SpA/252 Spe

~ Blizzard
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ HP Fire

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Rankurusu is better, resists Fighting (Yet weak to Bug) and ca set up Trick Room to help with Abomasnow's speed problem. And has Magic Guard, that is better than Dustproof.

I tried hail and used this and it sets up hail and dies, it's awful. All ut did was support kyuremu

@Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature

~ Blizzard
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ HP Fire
Your set sucks, thats why it dies.

Aside from the fact that Abomasnow has its niche for hail teams, has anyone explored what Abomasnow is capable of outside of hail teams? Growth was stated to be +2 attacking stats under the sun for example, and Abomasnow does get both Wood Hammer and Solarbeam.

It's only a shame then that Synthesis is currently illegal with Soundproof. Abomasnow on a Sun team would have been a bit more interesting then, setting aside moveslot syndrome.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Synthesis can't be bred onto Snow with soundproof? Oh boy...

If he was actually fast and obtained chlorophyll as a dreamworld ability, Abomasnow would be amazing. Run him, and all of sun's dragon problems would vanish into thin air.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. With his weakness to rock (and SR), not the greatest speed in the world, he'd be more of a liability than anything.

Rankurusu is better, resists Fighting (Yet weak to Bug) and ca set up Trick Room to help with Abomasnow's speed problem. And has Magic Guard, that is better than Dustproof.
Baru has overall better typing than Rankurusu and can learn taunt.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Aside from the fact that Abomasnow has its niche for hail teams, has anyone explored what Abomasnow is capable of outside of hail teams? Growth was stated to be +2 attacking stats under the sun for example, and Abomasnow does get both Wood Hammer and Solarbeam.

It's only a shame then that Synthesis is currently illegal with Soundproof. Abomasnow on a Sun team would have been a bit more interesting then, setting aside moveslot syndrome.
Sweep in the most dangerous weather against him and with 60 base speed is kamikaze. If it wasn't from Snow Warming, Abomasnow would be as useful as Farfetch'd. But if using in Sun, pair with some king of Flash Fire user.

Abomasnow and hail teams in general face new threats, though Hail still has its niches I suppose. Has anyone tried 5th gen Hail stall?

Abomasnow and hail teams in general face new threats, though Hail still has its niches I suppose. Has anyone tried 5th gen Hail stall?
Hail stall hasn't changed except for maybe Furiijiio replacing Tentacruel as a spinner, but it doesn't learn Toxic Spikes as well as not walling fire like Tentacruel can. Tentacruel even has higher Sp. Def.

Stat-wise, nothing is better than what's already out there.

Hail stall hasn't changed except for maybe Furiijiio replacing Tentacruel as a spinner, but it doesn't learn Toxic Spikes as well as not walling fire like Tentacruel can. Tentacruel even has higher Sp. Def.
Tentacruel can also absorb Toxic Spikes, and it resists Fighting.

Stat-wise, nothing is better than what's already out there.

Tentacruel>Furiijiio

@Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature

~ Blizzard
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ HP Fire
That Abomasnow is a surprise killer, not a lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)