Acid Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack Name: Acid Bomb[Special attack]

Base Power: 40

Power points: 20

Accuracy: 100%

Effect: Sharply lowers the Opponent's special defence.

Pokemon that learn 'Acid Bomb' via levelling up:

-Ekans
-Arbok
-Tentacool
-Tentacruel
-Gulpin
-Swalot
-Stunky
-Skuntank
-Yabakuron
-Dasutodasu
-Shibibiiru
-Agirudaa

With such low base power I don't really see this move being used much except by maybe Tentacruel(Use it on predicted incoming spinner blocker, get the special defense drop and proceed to kill?). What do you guys think because with most pokemon with the ability to learn this not being OU(mainly NU's) I guess this won't be replacing Sludge bomb or maybe it might in the NU tier???
Will be updated later.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Surf or Hydro Pump would rape the switch in. Maybe we'll be seeing Tentacruel really abuse its speed this generation.

Is it really a guaranteed Sp.Def drop? If so, then I can see it being used by Tentacruel, Shibirudon, and perhaps even Agirudaa. Shibirudon in particular might like softening up switch-ins who will be forced to leave or take a beating from one of its special moves.

This move would have definitely had a better impact as a TM. As of now its pool of learners is tiny and most have much better Attack.

I dont know, a -2 surf and two regular surfs do the same damage. The only difference in the damage total is a base 40 attack. Is a single base 40 attacks worth of extra damage enough to give up a move slot for?

this reminds me of Icy Wind. Any word on how it works in doubles? (as in, does it hit both opponents?)

this reminds me of Icy Wind. Any word on how it works in doubles? (as in, does it hit both opponents?)
I really hope it does but this kind of reminds me of 'Sludge bomb' so this might just be a weaker version of it that. If it hit's all your opponent's pokemon it would be 'broken' in doubles/triples in regard that Tentacruel already has decent speed and can weaken everything for fast special sweepers to clean half the opponent's team in one hit(surf/lava plume and other moves that hit all of your opponent's pokemon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)