Done Add "roomevents" as a group permission in /permissions

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently, if I want to allow drivers to be able to use any event command as a mod could, I have to manually add each permission individually, resulting in something like this. This isn't even all of the events commands; it's just the ones that I could reasonably see a driver needing to use in the room at the moment because I was too lazy to add the rest. Adding roomevents as a group permission (akin to tournaments, which lets the desired rank use any of the many tournament commands).

I can't really see many scenarios where one would want a certain rank to only be able to use specific event commands, and even if an RO did want that, the option would still be there. Having to add every events command individually is mad inconvenient.

edit: Actually, the wording of "Sub-commands: (will affect one sub-command, like /roomevents view)" makes me think that it might already exist, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was, and it wasn't listed under group permissions, so probably not.

Last edited:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This should already exist (in a better / more widespread form), I remember coding it. Try setting /roomevents on its own (/permissions set /roomevents,%).
If that doesn't work, yes, it's a bug.

Last edited:

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This should already exist (in a better / more widespread form), I remember coding it. Try setting /roomevents on its own (/permissions set /roomevents,%).
If that doesn't work, yes, it's a bug.
We did have this originally, but i think it literally let drivers use /roomevents (and not any of the sub commands, except /roomevents add, which we also had separately set). When I reset the permissions for that and tried re-adding it, it wouldn’t let me.
I used both /permissions set /roomevents, % and /permissions set roomevents, %, and both returned error messages.

That said, we’ve had these permissions set since permissions were added back in like August, and didn’t come across this issue until now, so idk if it was working all this time and just stopped working recently, or we just never knew that drivers didn’t have full event permissions.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
We did have this originally, but i think it literally let drivers use /roomevents (and not any of the sub commands, except /roomevents add, which we also had separately set). When I reset the permissions for that and tried re-adding it, it wouldn’t let me.
I used both /permissions set /roomevents, % and /permissions set roomevents, %, and both returned error messages.

That said, we’ve had these permissions set since permissions were added back in like August, and didn’t come across this issue until now, so idk if it was working all this time and just stopped working recently, or we just never knew that drivers didn’t have full event permissions.
Hm. That's definitely a bug - it should support setting the base command to toggle perms for all subcommands. I'll investigate.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
Hm. That's definitely a bug - it should support setting the base command to toggle perms for all subcommands. I'll investigate.
Update: I tested it locally - it works fine, the only bug i see is that it says /roomevents isn't a supported room perm. That's a separate problem, so I'll fix that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)