Aegislash

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]

* Aegislash has arguably the best typing in the game and great defensive stats to go with it.
* Thanks to Aegislash's typing and good attacking stats as well, Aegislash also serves as a great Xerneas check and pursuit trapper.
* Unfortunately, Aegislash is prone to being worn down because it has no reliable recovery outside of Leftovers.

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: King's Shield
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Leftovers
ability: Stance Change
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* King's Shield is essential to regain the defenses of Aegislash's shield form after attacking.
* Toxic has good synergy with King's Shield, spreads consistent damage, and punishes many of Aegislash's switch-ins.
* Gyro Ball is a powerful Steel-type STAB that allows Aegislash to threaten Xerneas and do respectable damage in general.
* Shadow Ball is a solid Ghost-type STAB that provides consistent damage and allows Aegislash to check Mega Lucario.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Sacred Sword
* Head Smash
* Choice Specs

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh force Aegislash out.

**Dark-types**: Calm Mind Arceus-Dark can use Refresh to cure off Toxic and set up Calm Mind on Aegislash. Other Dark-types such as Yveltal or Darkrai might fear either Toxic or Gyro Ball, but at least force Aegislash out.

**Steel-Types**: Many Steel-types can wall Aegislash.

**Giratino-O**: Giratina-O doesn't appreciate switching into Toxic or Shadow Ball but threatens Aegislash with Shadow Force which goes through King's Shield.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
I don't think you need pursuit anymore... there just isn't many targets with Lati@s gone. Deo-A can just Knock Off on the switch, Mewtwo carries Fire Blast, and every Gengar carries Hex or Shadow Ball.

Imo Shadow Ball is much more consistent overall, it does solid damage to PDon, and it allows Aegis to check Mega Lucario which is quite important for those more passive teams that Aegis finds itself on.

I don't think you need pursuit anymore... there just isn't many targets with Lati@s gone. Deo-A can just Knock Off on the switch, Mewtwo carries Fire Blast, and every Gengar carries Hex or Shadow Ball.

Imo Shadow Ball is much more consistent overall, it does solid damage to PDon, and it allows Aegis to check Mega Lucario which is quite important for those more passive teams that Aegis finds itself on.
Good points, you're probably right. Mega Luke might also start seeing more usage because of the Mega Evo speed fix as well. I'll implement the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)