Amazing Masters [entries]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A newsreader behind it's desk, brings the daily news. 'Today is the day that it's the 100th birthday of- A presentator comes smiling and waving on stage. 'Welcome to Poké-challenge! The be'- An evil Tyrinitar with red eyes roars, followed by a black sreen with the text. 'Pokémon Ranger, The Dark side. Soon out'- A chef with a Grovyle as souschef is, throws tomatoes in the air while the grovyle slices them in multiple pieces.- [/quote]
'Come on! There's nothing good on TV tonight,' I said, as I zapped from channel to channel. I sighed, and stood up. 'Let's get something to drink.'

With a can of coke I walked back to the couch and took a draught. I looked back to the television. There were still advertisements on. I sighed again, grabbed the remote and put my finger above the button to switch channels-
'4 Tribes, dropped on a beautifull island, match up against each other. They have to take on the toughest challenges, vicious collusions will be wrought and friendship and fights originate in the tense head of the battle.'
Curious, still with my finger floating above the button - So, at the first moment of uninteresting I could change channels- I gazed at the screen.
'Do you want to take on the challenge in this thrilling and exciting competition and win 1 MILLION dollar!? Enter the competition and maybe you will be the last trainer standing and crowned as the...Amazing Master!' said the voice-over.
'That's pretty awesome!' I said excited.
'For the rules and more information, visit www.amazingmasters.nl. Applying for a place in Amazing Masters will be until 31 December 2011. One island...16 trainers...one winner...Amazing Masters!

You probably think. What the hell is this? Well, I'm writing a pokémon fic, where every 2 weeks one contestant will drop out of the competition. There will be 'test episodes' (in this episode the contestants will face a test/challenge) and 'elimination episodes' (in an one vs one pokémon battle will one player be eliminated). A test episode is always followed by a elimination episode. So with each week a episode, there will be each two weeks one contender less.

It's in the style of a reality television program, hence the trailer in the prologue. And I thought it would be fun if I let our lovely Smogon members be a part of the story, than rather come up with the characters myself.
So pretend that you are the 'I' in the prologue and that you just saw the trailer, would you apply?

A few hints for your character:
- Look at the number of males and females. For example: you notice that a lot of entrees are male, than you have higher chance that your character will be applied if you chose a female character.
- Don't make your character to powerfull. Everybody has his strong and weak points.
- To have a higer chance of being applied into the fic, look at the characters that already have been made and make you character special (for example: a vicious player, a sneaky person, or very sweet)

<FONT size=2>
PHP:
Name: (please use normal names, no Menadi Ferisakisoko or anything like that)
Pokémon: (which pokémon has your character. You may choose 3 pokémon from all the 5 regions. NO LEGENDARY POKEMON. Choose wisely..)
Gender: (if you can't choose, please take a look at the number of Male and Female)
Personality: (small personality discription)
Good qualities:
Bad qualities:
Hobby's: 
Special information: (little details, for example: His mother died three years ago)
Something else worth to mention/Extra: 
Avatar: (you can make your character to life, via this site: http://www.tektek.org/dream/. Please save as .PNG. Give them normal clothing (no flames, frog suits) and no attributes like swords or shields etc!)
Note: That I may slightly change your entree if needed. You can apply until 31 December 2011.

So do you want to win $1.000.000 (fictive money of course! that means no real money people :P)? Subscribe then and maybe your character wins Amazing Masters!

I'll edit in later what I want to apply for this.

Anyways, here it is! I shall name him, Quartz!
Name: Quartz Garon
Height: 6'02 190lbs
Pokemon: Krag the Onix, Gorm the Golurk, and Kraken the Tentacruel.
Personality: Quartz is a laid back, jolly sort of person who loves to crack a joke when he wants to. However, he still has respect for elders or higher ranked people than him. He is quite easy to make friends with. He is basically your sort of dude guy that almost everyone likes. He loves to battle with pokemon, and immediately, even while telling a few good jokes, anyone can tell he's serious about this.

Good qualities:
- Despite seeming like a guy who doesn't take it seriously (due to his laid back demeanor), he is actually quite strategic in battling, and he knows his pokemons strengths and weaknesses inside and out. He is a great battler.
- Caring and kind.
- Respectful.
- An easy going, jolly dude.
- He has a knack for fighting against opponents that are stronger than him. That doesn't mean he will win all of the time, but his pokemon can handle themselves quite well enough to put up a fight against stronger mons.
- He isn't a complete expert, but he knows some basic survival skills to keep him safe. Of course, he has the help of his pokemon to help him out.
- Has complete and utter trust with his team. He and his pokemon have made an inseparable bond that will last until the day they die. He helps them, and they help him.
- When an arguement begins between two people, he will normally observe the debate for a little while, and then step in to stop it. He will then state the pros and cons of each person's side of the argument and try to help them get along.

Bad qualities:
- Argues quite a bit when the situation is tense. Will try to prove a point unless he's proven wrong. He will back down immediately then, but might feel embarrassed and foolish.
- Might be a little too jolly and happy sometimes.
- His battling style, while good, can also come at a weakness. Tentacruel's laid back personality makes him a little less serious in battle (until you tick him off of course) and Krag's Rock slide can be a bit.........chaotic at times. (and you were wondering why they closed down the magnet train!)
- Is sort of dense in some situations. While he's smart, he can sometimes miss the obvious that's right in front of him.
- When trying to stop an arguement, he can sometimes put on quite a bit of force if the people won't stop, such as having Kraken grab a hold of the debaters, or having Krag slam his tail in between them. At this point he will probably have yelled at them to listen to him for a sec, so that they get the point that they shouldn't be arguing.

Hobbies: Likes to read, do graphic arts and battle with his pokemon of course! He is also a writer of a fantasy book he's creating, and wants to become a world renown graphic artist and author. He also likes to act every now and then to entertain people.

Special info:One interesting thing about Quartz is his pokedex, who acts much like C3PO. Dex, or so Quartz calls it, is very polite almost to the point of annoying Quartz (which causes a lot of bystanders to watch the reacurring gag of the laid back trainer yelling at his uptight partner). However, the two somehow restrain from pulling each other apart (or tasering in Dex's case).

Other Info you might need: His team is made up of Krag the onix as his starter who has the same personality as him, Gorm the Golurk as the joker, and Kraken the tentacruel who's the laid back, relaxed dude of the team (EXCEPT WHEN YOU TICK HIM OFF). Each of these mons bring something different to the table.

He started his journey at 15 (end of high school) and began journeying around the Kanto region. He lives in Pewter city. He was given an onix from Brock who thought that he could go very far in life as a trainer. There he caught new pokemon which all started with tentacool, being the first member on his team. Then, bit by bit he continued to train and earn badges. So far he has 8 badges and is getting ready to go to the indigo league. That is, until he heard of the amazing masters challenge! He now is preparing to sign up for the amazing master league, and hopes he can make some new friends and opponents along the way. Maybe even knock some sense into that pokedex of his!

Another note about quartz is that he doesn't like fire type pokemon. He doesn't like them as they are too destructive (even though his pokemon can cause quite a bit of damage too).... He has an affinity for bug, water, and rock type pokemon (or pokemon that look like they are made out of rock).

Quartz is pretty much based on me in every way possible. In real life I wouldn't like fire pokemon, and I draw, do graphic arts, and I am trying to make a book. I have a good sense of humor, and of course, I have that awesome hat!!!! Quartz rarely takes his hat off, and that's when it's too hot, or he's sleeping.

Also, a low down of his team for helping with you understand Quartz better.

Krag the Onix
Ability: Rock Head
Moves:
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Breath
- Double Edge

Personality: Krag was Quartz's starter pokemon. The two immediately got off to a great start having practically dual personalities of each other. Krag has gotten Quartz out of some sticky situations, and Quartz doesn't want to evolve him for a reason. Krag already has the power and defense to hold his own in battle (as in real life, Onix would wreck things) and he has speed. Something Quartz wants his partner to have. The two have a close bond and seem almost unstoppable together. Of course, they get themselves into all sorts of trouble which leads to a good battle or 2!

Kraken the Tentacruel
Ability: Clear body
Moves:
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave
- Sludge Bomb

Personality: Kraken is the most relaxed thing in the world. He may as well be a gigantic blob of jelly (hey, wait a minute.....). However, if provoked for long enough, the water/poison mon will lash out angrily and start to get serious. Kraken is commonly used to fight against powerful fast opponents due to kraken being able to take hit after hit. The Sludge Wave and Surf are his most devastating attacks. Actually, most of his attacks are devastating. Sludge Wave is a gigantic orb of poisonous liquid that when close enough to the foe, explodes and makes a big toxic tidal wave. Surf is the same except without the poison, giga drain binds and snares fast mons from moving, and drains their health. sludge bomb is for accuracy when sludge wave isn't optional.

Gorm the Golurk
Ability: No guard (I know it's not released yet, but this golurk is special)
Moves:
- Dynamic punch
- Shadow punch
- Stone edge
- Earthquake

Personality: Gorm was found in a tomb, guarding an ancient room. When the evil cofagrigus was awakened, Gorm helped with fighting against it, and with the help of quartz, they put the tomb pokemon back to sleep. Gorm then joined the team at that point, and together with the rest of Quartz's team, fought against many odds to get here. Gorm is a serious battle who believes that an honourable fight is the best, and that it is better to lose an honourable fight, than to win an unfair one. This can cause him to get him quite angry when a cheap shot or trick is played on him, so Quartz normally uses Gorm against opposing brutes. Gorm is shown to be amazingly caring for the little ones, and finds it his duty to act as a protector to them.

Here's my entry, his team may be up for dispute depending on how powerful you want them, since you didn't include any parameters on what Pokemon the trainers have, so if you give some restrictions I'll probably change some things.

Name:
Teodoro Caballero
Pokemon: Munkee the Simisage, Achilles the Scrafty, and Sierra the Gardevoir
Personality: Teodoro is a cocky, confident, in your face trainer. He's the type to stroll into the place and assume everyone is watching him. He's determined, nothing will stop him once he gets going. Someone needs to truly earn his respect, or he'll treat them with contempt.
Good Qualities: Teodoro is a powerful trainer because he never lets up. Once he has his mind set on something he will work to acheive it, and nothing can stop him once he has an idea. He's intelligent and thinks outside of the box. Once you've earned his loyalty or his respect there's nothing he won't do for you, he's a brilliant friend if you can reach that stage in a relationship with him.
Bad Qualities: He's overconfident and condescending, he feels like power is the most important thing so he works relentlessly to acheive it. He loves his family and his Pokemon but he can be very harsh and brutally honest when he feels disappointed or hurt. He has a temper that arises in hard times, but after a long walk he normally calms down and can maintain a level head from that point onwards.
Hobbies: Despite his ferocious exterior Teodoro is actually quite a talented artist, he carries a sketchbook with him most of the time. He feels like if he can just capture one moment in his art he will always be able to draw strength from that memory. He also has parkour training, after taking some lessons he hit the buildings in Castelia City and climbed, vaulted, and jumped his way around.
Special Information: Teodoro was born in Castelia City and has lived there his whole life. He caught his first Pokemon in Castelia City, a Pansage, and named him Munkee. He and Munkee would swing and climb the buildings in Castelia for parkour training, as well as train for Pokemon battles. They also journeyed north to the Resort Desert, where he caught his second Pokemon, a Scraggy who he named Achilles. With his two Pokemon he trained relentlessly, until the time that he could continue on his Pokemon journey. Once Munkee evolved, he set out, grabbing a ship ticket and heading to Hoenn to start the gym league there. After catching his third Pokemon, a female Ralts named Sierra and evolving Achilles, he decided that he wasn't yet strong enough to challenge any gyms, he wanted to go into a form of training exile. He traveled to Mossdeep Island, and found a small area where he could train his Pokemon in peace. As his training progressed, he finally felt prepared to embark on his journey as well as having caught some other Pokemon, when he heard about the Amazing Masters challenge, and instead chose to try that.
Other: He is terrified of Bugs, but won't ever let anyone be aware of this if possible.

Hey, I edited my original post there. Just look back at it and you should get all the info you need.
EDIT: Also, the link to amazing masters doesn't work dude. Is the link wrong?

Hey, I edited my original post there. Just look back at it and you should get all the info you need.
EDIT: Also, the link to amazing masters doesn't work dude. Is the link wrong?
Haha, it isn't a real link. The site doesn't exist. It's just for the sake of the trailer (in real tv shows they reference to the site too) ;)

I forgot to mention that you may choose 3 pokémon. I choose the other 3!
Also..the hometown of your character must be a real (existing) city/town in one of the 5 known regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova)!

So if you two would be so kindly to change your entry. Thank you. ^^

Alrighty, a couple of questions about this amazing masters thread. I may have signed up a little too quickly without asking questions.

Where is the fic gonna be held? On this thread here, or on pokemon fanfiction?

What if not enough people participate? Will you not host the fic, or will you make up a few more characters?

Alrighty, a couple of questions about this amazing masters thread. I may have signed up a little too quickly without asking questions.

Where is the fic gonna be held? On this thread here, or on pokemon fanfiction?

What if not enough people participate? Will you not host the fic, or will you make up a few more characters?
First of all, good questions. I should have explained that.

This fic will be held here on Smeargle Studio. In the second week of January 2012 I will make a new thread where all the episodes will be posted.

If not enough people participate, I will make up the other (missing) characters. I hope this isn't necessary though.

Oh hello Dhjona :D, its been a while!

I have so many cool characters that I'd love to enter, would it be possible to post all or a few of my characters? I like...only have 6.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Name: Wylde Mann
Pokémon: hariyama, magnezone, cryogonal
Personality: very loud and overly sexual also hes from the route before fortree city or w/e
Good qualities: incredibly gutsy, strong as fuck
Bad qualities: an asshole
Hobby's: hunting, training bears
Special information: Lived in the forest for his first 16 years

0_0

Creepy. Just..... Creepy. Dunno how he got into the amazing masters, but, I think he's gonna be an...interesting opponent to deal with.

Also, I edited my OP AGAIN. Sorry, but I'm trying to think of ways to tweak Quartz. You don't mind, do you?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Add this to the OP for those who suck at naming people: http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm I used it for my last name.

Name: Will Ehrman
Pokémon: Weavile, Lilligant, Pidgeotto
Personality: Loud and spastic most of the time but can be quiet and reserved other times. Really stubborn and also somewhat gullible.
Good qualities: Tries to be nice most of the time, is a decent battler, good sense of humor
Bad qualities: Can be really obnoxious at times and is really really weird.
Hobbies: Music... and that's pretty much it.
Special information: From Gateon Port (come on, Orre is the coolest region in any Pokemon game and you know it.)
-Will's Weavile was his first Pokemon. While on vacation in Snowpoint City, his father (an agent sent against Team Galactic) and local police forces intercepted a huge operation by Galactic to recapture Uxie. With several wild Pokemon lying dead on the shores, he found a lone egg. Taking it home, it hatched into a Sneasel. This happened when he was 11. After a few years, the Sneasel had evolved and learned Ice Punch. The Pidgeotto was obtained in a trade (his old Loudred never liked him and was a Bieber fan) and the Lilligant just appeared one day.
-Believes in animal rights and personal freedoms (can be viewed as good or bad)

I'll draw it sometime.

Oh hello Dhjona :D, its been a while!

I have so many cool characters that I'd love to enter, would it be possible to post all or a few of my characters? I like...only have 6.
Nope, you may only post one character. You may PM the other 5 characters to me, maybe I will use some your ideas (fuse some info of your characters together). ;)

Name: Wylde Mann
Pokémon: hariyama, magnezone, cryogonal
Personality: very loud and overly sexual also hes from the route before fortree city or w/e
Good qualities: incredibly gutsy, strong as fuck
Bad qualities: an asshole
Hobby's: hunting, training bears
Special information: Lived in the forest for his first 16 years

Change your avatar, please. I can't accept a wannabe tarzan/zulu. Your avatar must wear clothes, have normal feet and have no attributes/items.

0_0

Creepy. Just..... Creepy. Dunno how he got into the amazing masters, but, I think he's gonna be an...interesting opponent to deal with.

Also, I edited my OP AGAIN. Sorry, but I'm trying to think of ways to tweak Quartz. You don't mind, do you?
I don't mind at all. Even if you change it a 100 times, if it's before the deadline, i'm fine with it. ^^

Add this to the OP for those who suck at naming people: http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm I used it for my last name.

Name: Will Ehrman
Pokémon: Weavile, Lilligant, Pidgeotto
Personality: Loud and spastic most of the time but can be quiet and reserved other times. Really stubborn and also somewhat gullible.
Good qualities: Tries to be nice most of the time, is a decent battler, good sense of humor,
Bad qualities:
Hobby's:
Special information: (little details, for example: His mother died three years ago)

WIP, will finish ASAP (I'm basically describing myself with a different name O.o)
Describing yourself with a different name is no shame, my friend. For people who aren't that creative, it is a excellent way to still entry, and a fic starring yourself is just cool.

well since its a sausage fest in here so far, I'll submit one of my newest character, Amythest :)

Name: Amythest Lazuli

Pokémon: Alakazam, Porygon Z, Noctowl

Personality: Amythest is very smart, and often uses her knowledge to help her get through tough situations. She also has a seductive side that she uses to get what she wants. Shes conceited though and a bad sport, but during down time she often keeps to herself.

Good qualities: book smart, strategeticly smart, Not a nag

Bad qualities: seductive, concited, bad sport, not street smart, selfish

Hobby's: Reading, studying genetic sciences

Special information: She is sort of a recluse unless it would help her

Something else worth to mention/Extra: Her design is based off Deoxys

Actual Drawing:

fine he has a suit now
Thanx.

well since its a sausage fest in here so far, I'll submit one of my newest character, Amythest :)

Name: Amythest Lazuli

Pokémon: Alakazam, Porygon Z, Noctowl

Personality: Amythest is very smart, and often uses her knowledge to help her get through tough situations. She also has a seductive side that she uses to get what she wants. Shes conceited though and a bad sport, but during down time she often keeps to herself.

Good qualities: book smart, strategeticly smart, Not a nag

Bad qualities: seductive, concited, bad sport, not street smart, selfish

Hobby's: Reading, studying genetic sciences

Special information: She is sort of a recluse unless it would help her

Something else worth to mention/Extra: Her design is based off Deoxys

Actual Drawing:
The Actual Drawing is a nice addition and very helpfull.

IMPORTANT - I don't choose the first 12* entries, I choose the 12 entries that I like the most. So if there are more than 16 characters, please do entry. ^^

*I will make up 4 characters myself (depends on how good the characters are divided. if there are 16 balanced/''different'' characters, I won't even have to make up my own characters)

So out of the characters you've seen so far then, who's are definitely in then? Also, I changed armaldo to Onix (as it Onix would be very powerful in real life), and Scolipede to Golurk.

I mean, might as well...

Name: Sierra Amsterdam
Pokémon: Sawsbuck, Mismagius, Blissey
Personality: Sierra is nice and friendly enough, but having never learned proper etiquette she sometimes comes off as a bit rude. Her temper is really non-existent, as she likes to blow off her anger immediately rather than letting it build. She's neutral when it comes to human interaction, she doesn't mind it but she doesn't go out looking for it either.
Good qualities:
  • Is nice enough and is good to make friends with
  • Knows a lot about nature and survival
  • Knows a lot about Pokemon instincts and how they react and things of that nature
Bad qualities:
  • Is a terrible battler
  • Is bad in conflicts and tends to run away from them
  • Can't make a decision when it truly matters
  • Isn't book-smart
Hobby's:
  • climbing trees
  • exploring nature
Special information: Sierra grew up in the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest (that works, right?), living with her parents who were naturalists. She grew up learning to hate the cities and anything manmade and love the forests, which was why she never went out on her journey and is a terrible battler. She grew up around ghosts in her house, so she didn't mind them and found someone them interesting. She learned how to climb trees at a very young age, and soon began to sleep outside in a hammock her parents gave her for her birthday rather than indoors, which was practically outside anyways considering the large amount of holes in the Old Chateau.

Sierra got her Sawsbuck in Deerling form a present from her aunt, who lived in Unova researching the Deerling at the Seasons Research Lab on Route 6. They had finished all the research they could do on it and no use for it, so they gave the pokemon to her. Her Mismagius she caught as a Misdreavus, when she picked up a pokeball a pokemon trainer had dropped and threw it at a Misdreavus, that had surprised her. Her Blissey came from a wandering hiker, who gave her the egg that eventually hatched into a Happiny.

Her Durant fear stems from a trainer that came from Unova when Sierra was 5. The trainer had a Durant which accidentally bit her when she was curiously touching its pincers. The trainer apologized profusely, but the fear still remained.

Something else worth to mention/Extra: Is terrified of Durants, and is allergic to Pinap Berries.

So out of the characters you've seen so far then, who's are definitely in then? Also, I changed armaldo to Onix (as it Onix would be very powerful in real life), and Scolipede to Golurk.
No one. I decide which one are in it when the deadline is over. :)

2 weeks to entry people..

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While I do encourage writing here, I think this kind of project would be more suited to a forum.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
a forum: Alchemator's scapegoat.

If you have a finished work and want criticism feel free to post it, but the idea of this forum is generally for threads that create some kind of discussion, with certain specific exceptions. I'm afraid this isnt really suited to a forum at all..

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)