ORAS OU An intimidating duo

The lineup

Hello everyone and let me begin by thanking you all for coming to read my rmt and hopefully help out with the team ive been working on for the past few months, well enough with the intro you probably read in every rmt and lets get started

The original begining of this team is probably highly obvious from the line up the ever so common intimidation volt turn core of landorus and manectric mega. Call me unoriginal but there is a reason this core is so common. From there i went to adding toxicroak and scizor to countaract major threats ( more detail will come when i break down each set ) after that i wanted a mon that can force switches and hit a lot of mons for heavy damage, thats where latios came in. And finally chandelure was thrown on as he has the unique ability to 2hko the majority of the metagame and for this reason he was assigned the janitor position. anyway now ill break down each individual set in more detail.

Cujo (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
Manectric, being my mega is obviously the starting point of the team. I have always been the type to appreciate fast pokemon that can hit a lot of things hard, Manectric is the embodiment of this. With blistering speed and amazing coverage moves he is able to threaten a large amount of the metagame. Thunderbolt is there for the strong STAB i have toyed around with thunder in this spot just because manectrics spatk doesnt grant him many ohko's but the inaccuracy just wasnt worth it. Voltswitch hits hard and gains momentum also allowing me to bring in my other intimidator. HP Ice hits a lot of ground types seen in the tier for 4x damage such as gliscore and garchomp. Flamethrower is here over overheat because i want to be able to win games with manectric and overheat droping the spatk doesnt allow manectric to stay in against something that it cant hit SE.

Aslan (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Landorus-T the second half of my intimidate core, and probably the mon that sees the most field time on the team. This mon is just perfect on a team that is built to widdle down opponents. Its great a switching in and sponging physical hits, forcing switches and u-turning out to gain momentum. Stealthrocks are extremely important to this team as it is built around forcing switches and getting opponent mons to low enough hp to be swept by my faster threats. Stone edge is there to hit flying types such as talonflame and tornadus for decent damage, have been thinking of swaping it for knock off as most of those mons dont want to stay in on landorus anyway but it seems like everytime i drop it i need it, Earthquake is strong stab hitting mons like venasaur and excadril that may come in on the switch and u turn is the key momentum move on the set.

Slim Slimey (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Toxicroak has been by far the mvp of this team in several matches which was highly unexpected. Originaly toxicroak had one purpose and one purpose only and that was to beat azumarils... all of them i was especially fearfull of the bellydrum set as a lot of my mons were either frail or weak to aquajet, with his dry skin ability toxicroak can switch into anything azumaril can throw out other than play rough and outspeed and ko with gunkshot every time. Along with that toxicroak also has something most other fighting types in the tier do not, access to sucker punch which allows it to stop a lot of common choice users in the tier such as gengar and latios and to a degree keldeo but thats mostly due to dry skin. It doesnt find many opportunities to set up but if it does get a SD up it rips holes in the standerd ou team as nothing likes to take +2 stab gunkshot on a switch and drain punch helps recover some LO damage aswell as giving it powerfull stab.

MrKrabsOnAdiet (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Scizor is an amazing mon because it has natural bulk due to its typing giving it just one weaknes, and the fact that it has access to set up moves and priority boosted by technician. I decided to make this set fully physically defensive to allow me to easily identify mons that i can set up on and attempt to sweep. While i do not consider Scizor my primary win condition on this team it is my main set up sweeper and is meant to rip holes mid game and possibly sweep late game. Its able to switch in on pretty much any physical attacker in the tier and start setting up and hit with priority bullet punches. Knock off is there to hit things like rotom wash and other mons that are item dependent and likely switch ins to scizor, it also helps to cripple eviolite users such as porygon2 and chansey. Roost is there for longevity and to help scizor set up multiple swords dances if possible.

Baja Blast (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Latios is such a versitile pokemon as it has several different sets that it can run and all of which are threatening. With its amazing speed and spatk stats its able to outspeed and deal crazy damage to the majority of the meta. When building the team latios was chosen because of its ability to ko major threats on the switch with a LO boosted draco meteor and great coverage moves that allow it to take on many threats. Earthquake is here speciffically for heatran as i had problems with him coming in on the switch as nothing on my team safely comes in outside of landorus and even he doesnt appreciate the chance of catching a burn. psyshock helps me deal with special walls aswell as hitting mega venusaur for crazy damage. HP fire hits ferothorn and scizor who are problems for the team

GengarOnFire (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rounding out the roster we have chandelure. This pokemon is one of those mons that almost always finds its way onto my teams partly because i love the design and partyly because its obscure, but mostly because it hits like a truck. There is nothing quite like being able to force a switch hit a shadow ball safely on anything that wants to switch in and realizing that it is going to die next turn. Very few people in ou run chandelure so it isnt something many teams are prepared for and can often catch people off guard. Chandelure is my main win condition and i tend to keep him in the back for the majority of the match unless i get a free switch.Shadow ball is the most important move on the set as it has amazing neutral coverage and after rocks it can 2ko the majority of the meta, it also ohkos and outspeeds nonscarfed gengar and alakazam. energyball is there to deal with mons that think they can freely switch in on chandelure, it is also the only grass type coverage on the team and helps with water ground types like swampert and gastrodon who otherwise give the team problems. Flamethrower is just a safer option than fire blast and if i use it its more than likely going to be super effective and super effective stab from chandelure will kill, so the extra power is not needed. HP Ice is meant to catch gliscore, landorus, and garchomp off guard and nab a 2hko that i normaly couldnt get or possibly ohko if theyve been worn down.

Anyway guys that's the team thankyou for reading. the major things i am looking for help on are possible changes to movesets and maximizing my ev's for competitive advantages. thanks again may RNjesus be with you all

Hi man , nice team
I have a few suggestions to improve this team :-
  • First of all i think Overheat > Flamethrower on Mega Manectric , that helps to OHKO Mega Metagross. While u can switch out using volt switch so SpA lowering isnt a problem.

• Your Lando-t evs is incorrect , SpD dont gonna help lando-t , while the def boost helps it to counter devasting threats in the meta , so i think u should try the set below.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

• Your Scizor evs also looks quite bad , u can go for max atk and max speed or u can try 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD , enough SpD to switch in to mega Gardevoir

• Your team looks really weak to Mega Swampert so i think Energy ball > HP fire on Latios , hp fire makes u slower than gengar or other 110 speed mons which is not that good but u already have a fire type with you so u dont really need that lure set. Also you need Defog , so Defog > Earthquake on Latios.

• At last i think Heatran > Chandelure , Heatran also provides u Flsh Fire but better typing and its Mich more reliable imo.
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
- Stone Edge / Ancient Power

At last good luck and have a nice day :]....

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo! This team is cool but I have some suggestions. First off I think you are quite weak to hazard stacking since you have no form of removal. For this reason I would recommend Defog > HP Fire on Latios. I also think your team struggles a lot with Hippowdon and I would thus suggest Surf > Earthquake on Latios as well and as a bonus it still lures Heatran.

I agree with the above rate that Specially Defensive is not the way to go on Lando-T, I would recommend you change to a defensive spread.

For Scizor, I would also recommend changing your EV spread. 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD with an Impish Nature ensures you always survive the 2HKO from Weavile's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. It also survives Timid Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice + Focus Blast 100% of the time if Rocks aren't up.

Lastly I am not really a fan of Scarf Chandelure. It stacks a dark weakness and is total pursuit bait especially if choice locked. I am not entirely sure that you need a revenge killer since you have Manectric and 2 forms of priority.

I would also suggest a Heatran in its place, but I believe a stallbreaker variant would benefit your teams matchup against bulkier playstyles.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Surf

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Also a reminder to run 0 Atk IVs on special attackers to reduce confusion and Foul Play damage.

BTW if Hippo still gives you trouble you can try Swords Dance or Toxic over U-turn on Lando which lures and weakens it. Scizor can run U-turn over Knock Off if you do this to keep the Volt Turn core

Last edited:
thanks alot guys planning on testing defog on latios as well as surf as hippowdon and hazards have been a problem i may also do some testing with heatran over chandelure but chandelure has won me so many games and its my best answer to gengar, also will be switching to a physically defensive spread on landorus .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)