ORAS UU Angry Birds

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
upload_2016-10-5_15-53-40.png

Intro: I haven't played any UU prior to joining the Grand Slam this year. In the first few rounds, I used some outdated teams from the past or teams provided to me by obii (thank you for that!). I then made it far into the tournament and took it more seriously. So I decided to build a WhiteQueen-esque team, and thus Angry Birds was conceived. It's unfortunate I never got a chance to use this final version competitively; I used half-assed versions of it that had Crobat over Aerodactyl, Blissey/Florges over Sylveon, Swampert over Cresselia, etc etc. Since I probably won't ever use this team again with Sun and Moon coming out soon, why not share it?

Team Preview: I have no hazard. I have three birds Pokemon with Defog, two Pokemon with Pressure, two Pokemon with Heal Bell, and two win-cons. Every Pokemon is bulky and has a recovery move. The goal is to stall out your opponents and drive them insane, which is easily accomplished since this team is extremely difficult to break.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

One of the three birds. Mandibuzz is my physical wall and hazard remover. Come in, Knock Off the opposing Pokemon's item, then run against a Pokemon that it absolutely hates like Specs Sylveon. Foul Play does splendid damage against physical attackers. Roost keeps it healthy. Overcoat is a great ability, as it negates powder moves, notably Sleep Powder from Roserade.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Roost

A fast and powerful Defog user that helps immensely against annoyances like Mega-Beedril and powerhouses like Entei, and most important, keeps Stealth Rock off the field for my other birds to do their jobs effectively. Stone Edge does significant damages to Pokemon that doesn't resist it. Wing Attack is another reliable STAB move that gets a boost from Tough Claws, and Roost keeps it healthy. The 252 Speed EVs give me a 50/50 chance against opposing max Speed Aerodactyl, if it ever comes down to that.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Cresselia is another of my physical wall. Come in, take a hit, heal, then run. Or Calm Mind, force your opponent to switch, then you make the appropriate switch to deplete their PP. The 96 Speed ensures that Cresselia is faster than all non-Scarf Crawdaunt. After one Calm Mind boost, Moonblast is powerful enough to OHKO a full health Crawdaunt, which is important as Crawdaunt is a pain in the ass for teams such as this. Psyshock is a mandatory STAB move that beats Calm Mind Suicunes, etc.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Suicune is one of the best Pokemon in UU hands down. It walls virtually every Physical attackers, drains their PPs with Pressure, Roar away opposing setup sweepers, and can sweep teams after a few Calm Minds. Because my Suicune has Roar, I give it 8 Speed to speed creep opposing Suicunes. Scald is obligatory, and it's 30% chance to burn makes this Suicune worse than it already is.

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell

I love this Pokemon. It can switch into the likes of Empoleon all day every day and Defog away the Stealth Rock. On the plus, it has Pressure to drain Stealth Rock's PP and all other attacking moves. With Heal Bell, it's also not concerned about getting burned by Scald. Articuno is an amazing special wall that can stall out Suicine and other special attackers. Freeze-Day is mandatory, as it hits Flying and Water-types super effectively. Without Articuno, Specs Sylveon would run this team over.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Even with my limited exposure to UU, I can confidently conclude how ridiculously overpowered Sylveon is to the rest of the tier. It's a reliable mixed wall with Wish-healing. It's a reliable Heal Bell user, and it helps immensely against all the powerful Dark-Pokemon like Hydreigon. Hyper Voice is a strong STAB move even without any Sp.Attk investment thanks to Pixilate. Sylveon is one of those Pokemon that you can slap onto any team and it'll still be effective. It keeps the rest of my team healthy with Wish and Heal Bell.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Roost

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
Great team and but I thought I'd like to give one small change to the Suicune spread, its not too much but I was gonna suggest.
252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Over 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Speed
Mainly to hit 404 HP which is a well known leftovers number for Base 100s, you also get to keep the same speed.
It's not big but that extra 1% per turn may play off as a big roll in future games.
And shout outs to my boy Obii [:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
between mandibuzz and articuno you have pretty much all of the hazard setters in uu covered so that makes running defog on aerodactyl kind of redundant. also without stealth rock that does leave beedrill volt turn teams to be a pain to handle considering your responses to beedrill would not like matching up against a specs rotom c for example. i think you could replace mega aerodactyl with mega steelix. with that you get an answer to beedrill in the short term, have a way of pressuring it with stealth rock and something to deter volt turn teams from doing exactly that. also having a soft check to the likes of sylveon is beneficial considering even with that special bulk articuno isn't switching into modest specs sylveon with a great deal of comfort. this change does make you weaker to np infernape though. if that's not a direction you want to take the team as it removes speed from your team at least consider running pursuit over defog as i mentioned that defog on aero is redundant. having pursuit at least gives you more leeway to punish those beedrill teams.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Roar
Taunt helps with last mon snorlax

Haze over Heal Bell on Articuno might also be worth considering to check stuff like last mon Reuniclus a bit better seeing as you are running physically defensive Mandibuzz without taunt so i think having a way to check set up sweepers would be of value to you. I don't know if you only posted 8 speed if you don't want to reveal how much speed you have on cune but RoarCune generally tend to run more so to avoid getting into trouble vs opposing cm roar cune you could run a bit more speed just to ensure you get it out first however there really isn't anything fixed for this. i generally run 56 speed which outpaces modest sylveon. 240 hp on suicune also hits a leftovers number. Haze on Articuno also helps in this regard.

i hope this helps you!

Last edited:
Pardon me if this is ignorant, but why would it be better to use wing attack on Aerodactyl over Aerial Ace? They're both 60 BP physical flying moves - but Aerial Ace never misses even regardless of accuracy and evasiveness. I looked on Smogon's official UU analysis and it says Wing Attack is the attack to use, but I just don't see the benefit.

Pardon me if this is ignorant, but why would it be better to use wing attack on Aerodactyl over Aerial Ace? They're both 60 BP physical flying moves - but Aerial Ace never misses even regardless of accuracy and evasiveness. I looked on Smogon's official UU analysis and it says Wing Attack is the attack to use, but I just don't see the benefit.
Because Wing Attack has 15 more PP then Aerial Ace, i suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)