Another UU team, but this time slightly better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My second, precious UU team: I really like it, more than the first one (which you can find in here), but still I believe some changes could improve it. So let's start with this :)

Mismagius @ Custap Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power (Fighting)

Mismagius is the Sp.Attacker. I can't decide myself between Modest and Timid (give + to SpA or Spe, respectively), but for the rest I'm happy with his set. And I can also take advantage of his low Defenses, by using the Custap Berry/Destiny Bond combo and take down powerful enemies.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 Def / 252 SpA / 176 SpD
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Substitute

One of my two walls/stallers, Shaymin is insanely good at slowly killing enemies with Leech Seed/Substitue; besides, it can also deal with Steel, Fire and Poison Types using Earth Power, which guarantees a 2hko almost everytime. I like it like it is, no doubt about it.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

The one I enjoy the less. Weavile is fucking awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's way too predictable or counterable than the others (IMO). Anywyay, here I have an issue: should I remain with Life Orb and this set, or should I change to Choice Band and switch SD to Low Kick/Brick Break?

Azlef @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Taunt
- Explosion

Azlef, instead, is the one I think it's the worst. SR and Taunt are good, everybody knows about it, and its speed made him set up pretty much everytime: but I'm not happy with U-Turn and, most of all, Explosion. I've put it on 'cause I've thought "if a dark/bug type, or generally a frail pokemon is going to kill me, I'll bring it down with me", BUT since now I've never managed to use it (wether becaues I was easily winning or Azlef has gone down too fast). What should I do with it? Should I change to another Hazarder or should I just change the moveset/EV's spread?

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 176 HP/ 198 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Tailwind
- Substitute

Another one I really like: Tailwind is such an awesome move on Suicune, 'cause not only speed it up, but is also good to use when Suicune is going to die to the next opponent's move, in order to boost my next entry. Besides, as we all know, Suicune is a freaking tank, and the Sub/Toxic combo can be often lethal: Scald is necessary for countering Taunt and for damage those Steel Types which are also part Rock.

Machamp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Punch

Ok, so basically Machamp looks a lot like Weavile, but he has the Scarf on - other than a way wider selection of moves. Usually I go for DP, but Ice Punch is very good too (particularly against Eviolite-Gligar, which I can also 2hko with a little luck) and Stone Edge could take down the most frail Ghost-types (Chandelure over all). I don't like TP; I use to run Mega Kick (since No Guard makes it hit every time), but I wasn't happy with it too. Should I go for Body Slam? Or for something else?

Hey there! Cool team! I have a few nitpicks though..
1. Timid should always be the nature on mismagius. It sits at a speed tier that is above the 100 speed bench mark which includes mew victini and flygon. As for your moveset its interesting. Unfortunately mismagius doesnt have the bulk to pull off custap berry+ db. Most neutral physical hits from any scarfers will usuakky ohko. I recommend trying the pure np set with np shadowball and tbolt over this set. Or if youre looking for something fun you can try drifblim acroblimp set. Unburden +destiny bond+ flying gem acrobatics hits everything hard and can take out 2 ppkes easily. Just an idea...
2. Weavile looks good but you wlmay want to consider low kick over ice punch to hit cobalion harder.
3. Why dont you try a normal gem over lefties on azelf with max attack? A normal gem boosted explosion is going ti hurt (unless youre a ghost or named rhyperior/bronzong).
4. That suicune set is interesting. Tailwind is okay but most of your pokes are blazingly fast with azelf weavike anx scarf champ. Perhaps a crocune set would help more and it can act as a status absorber which your team hates.
5. Im digging that champ set a lot. Just watch out for priority burnz from sableye.

Cool team overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)