Anyone on Smogon play Habbo or Coke Studios?

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did you play either of these games during the "golden years" of the internet (2002-2008)?

I was a Habbo man myself, couldn't get enough of it. Habbo Hotel was/is a site where users could make digital versions of themselves (or whoever they wanted) in a virtual hotel and chat with other users in either themed public rooms (night clubs, pools, restaurants), or in private rooms where they could play games, trade furniture (which was the main "currency", or just hang out. It's pretty terrible now because a) we're no longer 16 and b) they target a different type of audience now, but back in like 2004 it was a lot of fun and a pretty revolutionary way of communicating online with active avatars.

Cokestudios/Cokemusic/MyCoke was a game that was a very popular alternative to Habbo, where users were all "DJs" who built their own sample tracks. The main focus of the game was to socialize, mix music, and decorate various interiors. It was like Habbo but with an extreme emphasis on music. The in-game currency was decibels, and was rewarded for doing various activities. There were various locations based on real-life cities (such as San Francisco or Mexico) where the user could perform their personally developed music in front of other users.

I was relatively unknown on Cokemusic, but on the canadian .ca version of Habbo, I went by Distributions?! and was the "wealthiest" user from 2007-2008 (made a small irl fortune in the process fufu). Do you have any habbo/cokemusic stories? Share them, I'd love to hear and reminisce n_n

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah cokestudios. I just remember people playing their tunes saying to give them thumbs up for decibels constantly. The attitude towards likes on this site is similar to the decibels towards that game. Was also the time period where the whole "asl" question would pop up. Newgrounds was really huge back then as well.

I used to play Habbo every day! It's been a while since I've heard about it, actually. I was there for the infamous "pool's closed" 4Chan raid, although I didn't participate.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I played Habbo quite a bit during that era, and I actually ended up making a long-time friend out of it.

So as a youngin on Habbo, I was part of the Star Wars RP community, and after spending some time learning from my Master, we ended up discovering that not only were we both from Halifax, but we actually lived incredibly close to each together. At the time I believe his house was a 5 minute walk from mine. Friends ever since.

Habbo was super fun though and even though I didn't do too much with furni I had fun with the little bit I owned. It was a really fun site, and just another reminder how the internet will never be as fun as it was back then.

Did you play either of these games during the "golden years" of the internet (2002-2008)?

I was a Habbo man myself, couldn't get enough of it. Habbo Hotel was/is a site where users could make digital versions of themselves (or whoever they wanted) in a virtual hotel and chat with other users in either themed public rooms (night clubs, pools, restaurants), or in private rooms where they could play games, trade furniture (which was the main "currency", or just hang out. It's pretty terrible now because a) we're no longer 16 and b) they target a different type of audience now, but back in like 2004 it was a lot of fun and a pretty revolutionary way of communicating online with active avatars.

Cokestudios/Cokemusic/MyCoke was a game that was a very popular alternative to Habbo, where users were all "DJs" who built their own sample tracks. The main focus of the game was to socialize, mix music, and decorate various interiors. It was like Habbo but with an extreme emphasis on music. The in-game currency was decibels, and was rewarded for doing various activities. There were various locations based on real-life cities (such as San Francisco or Mexico) where the user could perform their personally developed music in front of other users.

I was relatively unknown on Cokemusic, but on the canadian .ca version of Habbo, I went by Distributions?! and was the "wealthiest" user from 2007-2008 (made a small irl fortune in the process fufu). Do you have any habbo/cokemusic stories? Share them, I'd love to hear and reminisce n_n
Introducing the new Coke Studios/Coke Music Discord community!

In an attempt to bridge the several scattered and broken communities a Discord server has been created which could serve as a better medium for connecting the scattered numbers of old users from the game. I've had success with this method in the past for bringing together smaller communities and creating a new wave of interest in the topic at hand. (Plus, I've seen some good game emulation/lost media recovery projects take place on Discord ;) )

This server will not only serve as a bridge between the user-base but also be a centralized location for things like game history, game images, game videos, web pages from the old sites, client files, etc!

I know sometimes things seem like a lost cause but I think the community still has some great potential and at the very least it will provide people with a place to casually chat and reminisce about the game in a dynamic and modern setting.

I'm gonna be posting some cool releases and tid-bits there so come check it out!

https://discord.gg/X8WVCMn

P.S. invite your friends and any other small communities of players you may know about!

I think I've played Habbo since I was 9 or 10 years old at least, and I still play sometimes because I love the game and community. I never played English Habbo, only the Brazilian games, which also has foreigners players. Some people will certainly be surprised, but when I joined the community and the game, I always dressed myself like a girl and said that I was a girl, I did not like to dress like a boy, probably because of my lack of creativity. I currently dress myself as a boy normally and say that I am a boy, but I only play sometimes right now to not get addicted again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)