Apprentice Program - Round Forty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Fourty of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

This round will last until May 13, 2009.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Fourty Match-Ups
Ace Matador - -Qwertycal-
Blue Kirby - Servant
Jimbo - Noodle
LonelyNess - Macle, ReVerB
Aeroblacktyl - Kobita
Darkie - soulbad
DawnBringer- Metric
Elevator Music MistySwims
Great Sage - thechocolatebunny
Gouki - FoodEater
Kevin Garrett - dragez
DP Crobat - Phish Stix
TAY - AoXoA
Twash - bobdat
Twist of Fate - Kyrga
Ace Matador - auramaster
Astamatitos - TCoz
Caelum - shuppet_is_dumb (caelum is also dumb)
Fabbles - zocho
KD24 - whistle
Olie - Damn
Plus - monadeliafidelis
reachzero - Flamewheeler
Sapientia - GorgonspidMaster
Seven Deadly Sins - The SunShineMan
SoT - y2zipper
Tangerine - Dragonknight08
Vashta - Shade
Stathakis - ReyScarface

Assigned to Twash (we don't have any UU tutors in GMT atm, sorry!)

Shoddy Battle nick: bobdat
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11am - 5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: fairly low, but good experience in breeding etc.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU / OU / Ubers
A little about myself: been a presence in Pokemon since a good few years ago, but only got into really competitive battling recently. Release of Platinum + Battle Frontier has caught my imagination somewhat. Otherwise i enjoy watching films or sports.

Thanks!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
A few applications I'm posting due to extenuating circumstances:

Kobita said:
Assigned to Aeroblacktyl
Shoddy Battle nick: Kobita
Time zone: EST (United States)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):3:00-5:00 pm 7:00-10:00 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Started Competitively a few days ago, no real experience.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU,UU. (minuscule interest in Uber, but I wouldn't mind learning
A little about myself:
I have a tendency to be overly sarcastic and/or rude if something annoys me, random number generator induced annoyances excluded, but apart from that I like long walks on the beach, cookies and cream ice cream and helicopters.
Dragonknight08 said:
Assigned to Tangerine
Shoddy Battle nick:Dragonknight08.
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-10
Experience level: some, not the best
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU Uber
A little about myself: i've been in competitive pokemon for quite a while, but i've never been extremely good, but not extremely bad either. I really enjoy helping people, which is why i hope to become a tutor when i have aquired enough skill and learn more teaching styles from the current tutors.
Flamewheeler said:
Assigned to reachzero
Shoddy Battle nick: Spearfrost, Flamewheeler
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon-Fri: 2:00 pm - 8:00, Weekends: whenever
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? absolutely, yes!
Experience level: umm next question...lol moderate I guess
A little about myself: OU, UU, Uber

Assigned to Darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: Tainted, soulbad
Time zone: EST; GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 PM- 10 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: I'd say somewhere around average.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I've been playing "competitively" ever some time after D/P came out. Even after around one and a half years I'm still not that great. The thing that causes me the most trouble is team building, and I think that if I can improve that then I can improve upon my battling skills more.

Sorry if I posted too early.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Vashta

Shoddy Battle nick: Shade
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10am - 7pm (weekend) 11am - 7pm (weekend)
Experience level: medium to low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I frequent to usual IRC channels and can be found on the CAP server usually, I enjoy sports, music and all the other stuff you'd generally like.

Assigned to SoT

Shoddy Battle nick: y2zipper
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):I'm online anytime Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have school on Tuesday and Thursday, and I teach martial arts on Saturday morning, but outside of that, I can pretty much meet anytime.
Experience level: I've played Pokemon competitively since the RBY days. I used to be a pretty good player, especially at the beginning of DP. I have recently taken a brief hiatus from the game, and since my return, I've had a lot of trouble with team building and picking up the Platinum Metagame. I think my battling skill is still there based on my battling, but I'd like to have a tutor is especially good at team building.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU / Ubers / UU (I'm really only interested in standard.)
A little about myself: I teach martial arts, I really enjoy sports, and I like listening to music.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Shoddy Battle nick: mrshmearo
Time zone: Eastern (NJ)
Regular Online Hours: This could be complicated since I have a job and school. Mondays I can play after 9 PM and the rest of the week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) anytime after 7:00 PM. For the weekend, Saturday I am busy but on Sunday I am completley free.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: I started getting into competitive playing when D/P first came out but stopped until just recently with the release of Platinum. There was stuff I didn't grasp that I would like to. I feel like I am limited to the "every team needs 1 special wall, defensive wall etc." strategy and I want to expand my knowledge.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU mostly, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: Full time college student. Starting a vinyl collection. I also play competitive fighting games (mostly SFIV)

I Got It!!!

Assigned to Olie

Shoddy Battle nick: DamnX
Time zone: (GMT-3)
Regular Online Hours: 19:00 - 22:00 and 09:00 - 17:00 in the Weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes :)
Experience level: LOW-MEDIUM, my predict isn't good and i dont have many strategy.I had many nice pokes in my Diamond but i cant put 6 goods in a team. I like Stall and no-Stall play, love Metagross and Vaporeon. I play pokemon from the beginning... BLUE Version.
Tiers I need help in: OU and Ubers
A little about myself: Im from Brazil, I love to play, love breed, i play guitar (Guns N Roses, Living Colour, The Cult), play soccer and talk about pokes and music with another people over the world. Oh... I like everthing... FUNNY!!!

Assigned to Astamatitos

Shoddy Battle nick: TCoZ
Time zone: BST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 12:00 - 16:00, apart from Thursday (14:00 - 16:00) (just rough guidelines). Weekends whenever.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No.
Experience level: I've played competitive since D/P came out in England, but I'm pretty crap at it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I'm just a computer geek wanting to get better at pokémon. I quite like playing Stall, and have just started to play non-Stall teams.

Assigned to Sapientia

Shoddy Battle nick: Gorgonopsid Master
Time zone: GMT 0:00
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends Whenever. Weekdays 5pm - 8 pm British Time.
Experience level: Not very high
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU,UU,BL
A little about myself: I live in Scotland and have played pokemon for years. I have just recently joined the online community of battlers and have achieved a decent rank in one of the clans that I am a member of. My favourite kind of teams are stall teams i just love them i think they are so effective and i want to build a really good one.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: Macle
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-11
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: Medium (not to good at UU)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Ubers, OU
A little about myself: I play basketball and am a sophomore in high school. I enjoy listening to music. I'm on irc a lot probably even too much.

Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick:
AoxoA
Time zone:
Pacific Time Zone (GMT -8, or 3 hours behind Eastern)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!)
23:00(11:00p.m.)–01:00(1:00a.m.)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Yes please!
Experience level:
"I’m so good I can beat the Elite Four!” I am practically useless in terms of strategies, prediction skills, and other opposing teams that carry other weather support. I am able to kill off around two Pokémon at most on Wi-Fi. However, in the battle tower, I am able to get to around 50 in Double Battles.
OU, UU
A little about myself:
I am more than enough willing to learn different strategies and tricks to this trade. I love watching people battle and I slowly learn with observation. Even though I always lose, I still try to improve on my dismal skills. I am a Water type fanatic. I have been around on Shoddy recently, and ask around for help concerning strategies.
I love strategy games, turn based especially. I usually get bored easy when battles drag on. I usually judge Pokémon on the strategy I employ and appearance, not on raw power. I never seem to use ugly Pokémon… Rain is my favorite weather support. Milotic is my favorite Pokémon. Double Battles are where I am most interested in, however I feel that I should learn Singles first.

Assigned to Plus

Shoddy Battle nick: monadenia
Time zone: EST(GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Most weekdays around 7PM -11PM. Flexible in the morning/afternoon on weekends. Not available from April 30 to May 3.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, so long as it starts after May 3 and finishes before May 22.
Experience level: Beginner with some experience.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU (OU and UU prefered), Ubers.
A little about myself: I've played since the RBY days. I'm interested in Pokemon gameplay a little more strategic than "raise Butterfree so Brock doesn't wall your Charmander-Pikachu team", so I've really enjoyed my time in competetive battling. I love theorymon and thinking about strategy. But with a metagame that requires experience to fully grasp I'm hoping the tutoring program can help bring me up to speed. I love quirky sets and mindgames, but those won't work without a good understanding of the standards, or of conservative/high-percentage play.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Serv
Time zone: GMT +8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Depends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes I'd like the chance I guess
Experience level: Poor. I took quite a long break so I'm not as up to date when it comes to the metagame, etc. as I would like to be. Despite that I feel my prediction/decision making is there at times (but a little help will do me good in that department). I am however a useless team builder though so that's where I'd like to focus most of my time on.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm a 17 year old incoming 2nd year uni student.

Requesting for BK or MS (as usual if they're still willing to take me on x_x). Mostly because through the months we've become good buddies therefore it would be a lot easier if they were to be my tutors. Thanks have a nice day.

Assigned to Fabbles

Shoddy Battle nick: zocho
Time zone: pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): sunday, wednesday, saturday evenings work, but i'm pretty flexible and can get on sporadically during the day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes'm
Experience level: next to zilch (i.e. not much)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): ou, uu, ubers. was originally uu but figured since i already started ou, might as well finish it.
A little about myself: never started battling competitively til now, but been playin pokemon since rby. lookin forward to gettin the basics down! requesting someone with a lot of patience that doesn't mind helpin out a total newbie. i would like to humbly request fabbles, if he doesn't mind, as i was paired up with him in the previous round and i had a great time.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: SandwichMan
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00pm-12:00pm (Mon-Thurs) Will have extra time on weekends also.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Intermediate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber and Nintendo official tourney rules (Don't think this rule set had a tier).
A little about myself: Huge Nintendo fan. Have traveled to E3 in the past. I hope to someday live my dream and work for Nintendo. A Nintendo collector. Was a former Pokémon gym leader for the TCG around 2000, and I used to play R/B/Y competitively. I want to get back into the game and I hope this can help me catch up for all that I've missed.

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Shoddy Battle Nick: SSWind
Time Zone: EST (GMT -05:00) US & Canada
Regular Online Hrs: Mon-Tues: 10pm-1am, Wed-Fri: 7pm-1am, Sat: 8pm-3am, Sun: All Day
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience Level: Started playing since red/blue but got into the competitive scene during D/P. I know type match up and resistance/weakness but can't put them all together
Tiers: OU, UU
A little about myself:Full Time college student also working full time as well. Computer Science major and playing other games as well. SFIV, CSS and minesweeper.

Assigned to KD24

Shoddy Battle nick: whistle
Time zone: CST USA
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 PM - 4 AM
Experience level: three months
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I live around Chicago. Senior in HS. Senioritis sucks.

I was paired up with someone R38 but it didn't work due to a miscommunication regarding availability, and I didn't sign up fast enough to get into R39. So I would be happy if I had a tutor this round =].

Assigned to Caelum

Shoddy Battle nick: shuppet_is_dumb
Time zone: GMT-3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays after 18:00 and nearly any time on weekends (With some exceptions, of course)
Experience level: Novice
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm in the last year of middle school, and I'm just getting into competitive battling. I'm hoping to improve so I can participate on the VGC.

Assigned to DP Crobat

Shoddy Battle nick: Phish Stix
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Any time on weekends; 6 - 10 on weekdays
Experience level: intermediate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, ubers
A little about myself: I am considered very smart in school and enjoy video games a lot. I am drawn to competive games and would love to improve in pokemon. I really enjoy stall and would like to have a tutor who also uses stall teams.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: Colaterallized
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All day after 3:00 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Nah Hope I even get accepted into the round
Experience level: I'm a noob at UU but I've been on OU and Uber Leaderboards
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU
A little about myself: I'm 15 live in NY I like Chess, Poker, Pokemon and I just like to chill out...

Assigned to Ace Matador

Shoddy Battle nick: Auramaster
Time zone: Central (GMT-6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-7:00 or 9-12:00 P.M.
Do you want to play in the tournament: I don't care, I will if you need more people.
Experience level: Very bad, win percentage about 5%.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber and only Uber
A little about myself: After playing Pokemon since R/B/Y, I've been trying to learn competitive battling with little success. I know I would enjoy it if I was better, but continuous losing isn't very fun.

Assigned to Jimbo

Shoddy Battle nick: Noodle / Test_Teamage
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: Moderate. My Team building skills are shocking. ly bad. :D
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU --> UU --> NU
A little about myself: I loves my pocket masters. Less wifi, more REAL battling. Need halp on team building. They're choice band kakuna bad. :(

Requesting Jimbo. <3

Assigned to Elevator Music

Shoddy Battle nick: MistySwim
Time zone: Eastern, from Michigan
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm-11pm weekdays, weekend afternoons
Experience level: Competitive for 2 years, but have been using shoddy for about 5 months.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I'm a college student. My my finals end this week. Ready for summer! I like swimming and pokemon.

Dragez

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: Dragez14
Time zone: EST (United States)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-11pm
Experience level: I have been playin for awhile now. My goal is to be on eof the best. I know all my stuff such as types pokemon all there moves in stats. Ive hatched 1000's of eggs with ev training. I would say im a tad bit above average. My weakness is putting togetaher a TEAM!! I WOULD SAY 8 out of 10 for a ranking.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): ou I would like to get help in.
A little about myself:
My real name is Desmond Henley IM a very nice person. Im hear to learn. Im a good listener in will do what ever it takes to win. I go on shoddy everyday more then once.I have had 959 hours on my diamond in just feel as if i dont get better all that time i have wasted would be for nothing. Im 17 years old an a junior in high school. I also play football. Im also a leader of a clan on purplesurge. Please i need someone who can help me build teams :)
If i can i would liek to request kevin garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)