Aqua Jet Bibarel is Broken - UU Rain Dance

Introduction:

A recent OU-UU split tournament has forced me into the normally dreaded UU metagame, of which I am rather hopeless to be honest. I have come seeking advice from the more experienced UU players, and see if I can make any changes. The title is meant to be a play on the 100 power priority move that would be utilized in rain by Bibarel, who could be running +2 atk behind a substitute...

Overview:

The Team:

Electrode@Damp Rock
Hasty
252 Atk, 28 Sp. Atk, 228 Spd
Static

Rain Dance
Explosion
Thunder
Taunt

Standard Electrode Rain lead. Nothing much on it really.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bibarel@Liechi Berry
Adamant
52 HP, 252 Atk, 204 Spd
Simple

Substitute
Defense Curl
Rollout
Waterfall/Quick Attack

A set I came up with, which made me create a UU team. Defense Curl means a +2 defense increase due to simple, and also increases the power of Rollout. +2 Attack STAB Waterfall in the rain hurts like a beauty, but Quick Attack would help me clean up if it comes in late-game. Has been a star of the team recently. I posted this set in the Analysis thread, but it was overturned as an 'Other Options' set.

IMO this has worked in a completely different role to the other sets in the analysis, and has worked far better for me personally than the others which I tried in its place.

- - - - - - - - - -

Kabutops@Life Orb
Adamant
80 HP, 252 Atk, 176 Spd
Swift Swim

Swords Dance/Rain Dance
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Aerial Ace/Rain Dance

Standard LO SS Kabutops. Shreds teams. Can be an option for a second Rain Dancer if need be.

- - - - - - - - - -

Lanturn@Leftovers
Calm
40 HP, 136 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def, 80 Spd
Volt Absorb

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Volt Absorb is the main focus here. Again, the standard set from Analysis, as I'm not familiar with UU, as stated previously. :x

- - - - - - - - - -

Weezing@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Atk

Thunder
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Hidden Power Ground/Flying

For obvious reasons, I didn't add Fire Blast to the set, so I'm not sure what to throw into the last slot. HP Ground or Flying came to mind for some reason, but I'm open to ideas.

- - - - - - - - - -

Toxicroak@Life Orb
Modest
6 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
Dry Skin

Nasty Plot
Vacuum Wave
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice

Again, standard NP Toxicroak. HP ICE and Shadow Ball has the better coverage IMO.

- - - - - - - - - -

Lanturn is weak to grass....

And you only have one Rain Dancer. That's not good if it runs out, which it probably will, because you can't really win a battle in 8 turns. = /

I don't know where you can fit a second rain dancer (because you need one.), and I'm not sure if Weezing can learn it.

You should make Lanturn and possibly Toxicroak rain dance users aswell.

A STAB attack on Bibarel is always good.

That's a great post ditto. Now go read the rules.
Can you add more to your descriptions. Most of your team is special and that may be a problem when you face Steelix

You need another Rain Dancer. One fragile RD with Explosion won't carry you anywhere with a team builds much on rain. I would definitely give Lanturn or someone else RD as well.

Kabutop's Water Fall can get replaced by Aqua Jet.

Umm, why do I want Aqua Jet when it's running Swift Swim? I originally had Weezing with Rain Dance, but I think I removed it. Lanturn can take it over T-Wave.

How is having a Special oriented team a problem when facing Steelix? >_< And the team isn't special oriented. Kabutops and Bibarel are physical sweepers, Toxicroak and possibly Electrode are special, and the others are tanks.

That Bibarel is BRILLIANT, I've tried it on the UU ladder with some modifications to the rest of your team. I'm 12-2 with my team based off of that Bibarel and I thought I should give you credit for it. IMO I've been using Return over Rollout though.

Great to see someone else having success with it. Rollout couples with Defense Curl, and behind a sub i've found it extremely handy, usually being able to run through 2-3 pokemon per game. I haven't lost with this team yet, in about 15 runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)