Are mods supposed to abuse their power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I agree, PO mods have gotten a little too "fun-loving" with their powers...from your screenshot, you shouldn't have been kicked, but again, it's only a kick. I think mods should have to be a little more accountable for their actions on PO, but they haven't done anything too serious.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the PO mods to a damn good job considering the amount of shit that happens sometimes in the chat. Seriously, you got kicked ONCE, grow the hell up and move on.

I think the PO mods to a damn good job considering the amount of shit that happens sometimes in the chat. Seriously, you got kicked ONCE, grow the hell up and move on.
You know, I really wouldn't have a problem with this, except that there was literally no reason or even a warning before a kick. That, and saying he didn't care about it came across as a challenge. Granted considering some of the shit in the chat gets dealt with, fine. But that was completely unnecessary. I just don't see that as reasonable IMO. Him challenging me was literally the only reason I bothered to post this.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I agree with ginganinja on this one. If you complain about being kicked once, it will likely happen again because mods are people too, and people love to kick whiners.

First, why were you angry at the RNG? You're lucky Jirachi didn't flichax you and that your opponent didn't just Thunder again.
Second, of course mods aren't supposed to abuse their power. But it does seem quite unfair that there is little punishment. Still, it's only one kick so don't get too upset over it.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
70% chance to flinch with Iron Head(needed twice to KO) vs. 70% chance to OHKO with Thunder

stupid mop

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I dont know, this report seems warranted, id be hella mad if I lost points in ladder to a random kick that I did not deserve.

First, why were you angry at the RNG? You're lucky Jirachi didn't flichax you and that your opponent didn't just Thunder again.
Second, of course mods aren't supposed to abuse their power. But it does seem quite unfair that there is little punishment. Still, it's only one kick so don't get too upset over it.
That match I had Hippowdon get paralyzed fully 4 times in a row from a Body Slam from the beginning, although that's not quite the point. The one time I get Gyara out to Dragon Dance, he hits with Thunder. I wouldn't have a problem with this as I did have a Wacan Berry just because of such an occasion, but the paralysis just pissed me off because it also stopped another attack. The odds of this all happening in a row are:

Chance of hax = (.6*.25)*(.25)*(.25)*(.25)*(.7*.3*.25) = ~0.00041% chance of all this happening. I'm just tired of getting haxed is all. I'd like to think the flinch not working that time was the RNG finally giving me breathing room. But that's besides the point.

Yeah, I was expecting this to be someone saying stupid shit in the main chat or something and getting mad when they got muted/kicked/banned (the way things usually go on forums)... but this seems pretty legitimate abuse.

Chance of hax = (.6*.25)*(.25)*(.25)*(.25)*(.7*.3*.25) = ~0.00041% chance of all this happening.
What the...

Calculating probability like that is much more complicated. For example, Hippowdon could have paralyzed turn 3 and then you would get paralyzed, and that would require you getting "lucky" it didn't paralyze you the first two times. That's besides the point, though.

I actually have never been kicked before...I didn't know you could never get back on. That sucks, totally.

What the...

Calculating probability like that is much more complicated. For example, Hippowdon could have paralyzed turn 3 and then you would get paralyzed, and that would require you getting "lucky" it didn't paralyze you the first two times. That's besides the point, though.

I actually have never been kicked before...I didn't know you could never get back on. That sucks, totally.
Nah, I'm not banned, but it's just a rough number. There's some deviance.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The luck involved on that single turn is irrelevant to you getting kicked, so let's try to keep this on topic...

I personally wouldn't have kicked you, although it technically does break the "no excessive capital letters" rule. With that said, mop/aeroblacktyl has a history of this kind of stuff dating all the way back to NetBattle (I know from personal experience, being on the other end of his BS), and he blatantly said "i'm going to power abuse" in a match that he was losing. I think this qualifies him for the more serious charge of "cheating on the ladder".

If it's any consolation, you're not banned. I just double checked for you. There's not much else I can do other than agree with you, OP

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
From what's given, I don't see what the guy was doing out of the ordinary to be kicked; it was a relatively mild outburst. And even if it was 'just a single kick', it does matter. Someone lost points without completing his/her battle or forfeiting and someone else gained them.

uh mop was never a mod on nb...he was one on shoddy though. and also a match he was losing? it was turn 6 with the score 6-5... and i dont think mop ever power abuses cause he doesn't really give a fuck to actually do anything

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uh mop was never a mod on nb...he was one on shoddy though.
uh yeah he was and he did this exact thing to me, and on a different occasion he flipped out at me and kicked me because I beat him with his own Heracross set after he got wildly lucky, saying that he was going to post the log for everyone to laugh at in IS because he thought I was an idiot for using a team with Camerupt on it (even though he was the one who lost). But that's neither here nor there.
and also a match he was losing? it was turn 6 with the score 6-5...
That's losing where I come from.
and i dont think mop ever power abuses cause he doesn't really give a fuck to actually do anything
This thread shows otherwise.

If i was high up the ladder and got kicked for that reason, i'd be pretty damn pissed(it can take hours to get your rating back to normal when losing to someone way below you)

With moderators like these we"ll never be able to get the activity of the smogon server high up again. It's because of people like him that smogon got this terrible reputation in the first place, hence making the official server more popular.

Demo-Kun should automatically get suspect voting privileges for this crap. The servers never up long enough to get his points back. This same thing happened to me on shoddy.

id be hella mad if I lost.
What else is new?

Also I'd have to agree with ginganinja. You got kicked once, you didn't get banned, it's fine. You don't get warned before you're kicked; the kick is warning enough. The mods deal with so much shit on the server they can't be expected to spend too much time thinking 'ooh is this kick fair?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)