Aromatisse

I'm new to posting here, hopefully I'm doing this right :)

Totally fabulous fairy Pokemon:

Aromatisse
Fairy type
101/72/72/99/89/29
Healer/Aroma Veil

Notable moves ([E] means it's an egg move)
Aromatic Mist
Heal Pulse
Aromatherapy
Charm
Misty terrain
Reflect
Light screen
Trick Room
Substitute
Attract
Calm mind
Skill swap
Disable [E]
Wish [E]

Offensive options
Moonblast
Dazzling gleam
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Energy ball
Flash cannon

Aromatisse was just made to be a super support! She has a huge range of support moves, bulkiness at 101 base HP, but abysmal speed. She excels at treating and preventing status ailments, thanks to her healer ability, aromatherapy, and misty terrain. She also sports the wonderful heal pulse, to, well, heal allies. Aromatic mist is nice in that it can raise an ally's special defence, though you're probably better off running dual screens to protect both Pokemon.

Other than healer, Aromatisse has another amazing ability in Aroma veil. This makes both Aromatisse and her partner are completely immune to taunts and torments and confusion and the like. Being un-tauntable means that you can use all of your non-offensive moves without hindrance! It is currently not on Showdown yet, but will be pretty sweet once it's out.

Aromatisse's terrible speed problem can be fixed with... Yes, Trick room! This makes her an excellent supplement paired with Pokemon like Clawitzer or Malamar, letting them sweep whilst under the protection of Aromatisse. She can even sweep, herself, with moonblast or dazzling gleam after the speed boost, with a respectable 99 sp.atk stat.

Dual screens works nicely on Aromatisse; you can also run wish or maybe substitute on her at the same time to truly annoy your opponents, making her Reeeeeallly hard to take down.

Discussion: Aromatisse has plenty of different possible support movesets, and I want to see your takes on Aromatisse. What sort of moves and strategy would you run on her?

Last edited:
Aromatisse, along with Togekiss, is shaping up to be one of the best Fairies in the Doubles Metagame. With an above average HP Stat, and decent defenses, and wide Support Movepool along with an Ability that prevents it from doing it's job, I think that the Fragrance Pokemon may have a niche as a Trick Room Setter, a Screen Setter, and cleric via Heal Pulse. It's almost as if it were designed to help out :). Here are some theoretical Sets that I think could work:

Trick Room
Aromatisse @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 188 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef / 60 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Dazzling Gleam / Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room
- Protect

After trying out Aromatisse with it's Aroma Veil Ability, this is the Set that resulted. Fulfilling the Support Role, this little Fairy's main duty is to Set Up Trick Room for it's Teammates and patch them up while the process. Trick Room and Heal Pulse allow her to do this, while it's Ability in Aroma Veil prevents her from being stopped. Dazzling Gleam is a Fairy Type Spread Move serving as her STAB, hitting the Dark Type that threaten her fellow TR Setters; Moonblast is her stronger option. The last Move is more of a filler, but Protect is always a good choice. The EV Spread is gives her the Bulk she needs to do her job, while giving her Dazzling Gleam/Moonblast a little umph to break those Subs. The 0 Speed IVs allow her to be as fast as possible in Trick Room.

This is a "Fairly" straight forward Set, however it is by no means the final; it will Evolve as Aromatisse is used more. Please give your feedback!

EDIT: Aromatisse with Aroma Veil is now available for play on Showdown, try it out, it has been great for me!

Last edited:
This Set's purpose is to Set Up Trick Room or Screens for it's allies with it's great Ability in Aroma Veil, which stops Taunts and Torments that try to prevent her from doing her job
Oh wow, I didn't even think of Taunts and Torments, I thought Aroma veil was only for confusion and infatuation, which was why I didn't include much about it. Looks like I will now!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been running a RainRoom team and have actually found that Aromatisse makes a nice Pokémon for some offensive support.

Aromatisse @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder
- Protect

Thanks to max HP and still-respectable defenses, Aromatisse is more than capable of sticking around a little while, but without investment in Special Attack it's pretty much a sitting duck. Investing in Special Attack makes it more than capable of smacking the opponent around in a pinch, and frying things with Thunder is incredibly satisfying. Aromatisse still does its job here - setting TR - but this way it rarely ends up in a situation where it can't do anything, whereas a defensive set could end up totally idle.

Once Aroma Veil is implemented (still bugging Zarel about some of these hidden abilities), offensive and defensive Aromatisse alike will probably get a huge boost - being completely Taunt-proof is amazing on a TR setter. That said, Healer isn't exactly a bad ability either.

Does anyone have a good set-up for Aromatisse outside of trick room? I'm loving the idea of a utility screen setter but I'm having trouble thinking of a decent partner for her!

Does anyone have a good set-up for Aromatisse outside of trick room?

Aromatisse's Ability, Movepool, and Stats all gear it towards a Support Role; not much else outside of that. As Posted above by Arcticblast, the Fragrance Pokemon can also pull off a semi-Offensive Set, but even that is so it can support it's Teammates. Judging off of how it is on paper, there doesn't look like it has much other options. Feel free to try it out, and when you do, come back and share your results!

I'm loving the idea of a utility screen setter but I'm having trouble thinking of a decent partner for her!
Since Dual Screens (Aromatic Mist acting as a Light Screen in this case) halves the damage dealt to your Teammates in their respective defenses, I would assume any Pokemon that would otherwise be frail while also covering her Steel ande Poison Weaknesses would work. Lately, I've been using Fairy+Garchomp, since they both cover some if not all of their Teammates Weaknesses (I've been using Togekiss as my Fairy, try it it's even better this Gen :). Garchomp really appreciates the ability to tank hits while it either Set Up or just flat out wreak havoc. Some ideal Teammates for Aromatisse would probably be Pokemon that benefit from Trick Room, such as Conkelldurr, Metagross, Reuniclus, and especially Mega-Abomsnow, one thing that I wanted to try out along with Slowking and Aromtisse (if only Aroma Veil were added XD).

I've been wanting to try this thing out (still waiting on Aroma Veil, like everyone else it seems!) but on paper it seems great. Being a Fairy type means it can reliably set up TR while lacking the weakness to Dark that pretty much every other relevant TR setter shares. It reminds me of Musharna but it trades some of its defenses for a cool new typing.

Would it be worth considering Moonblast over Dazzling Gleam? Even with STAB an 80 BP spread move feels like it might fall short too often.
EDIT: Especially now with the buff to Wide Guard, running Moonblast lets you beat Hitmontop more reliably. Otherwise it can just spam Wide Guard and there isn't much you can do.

Last edited:
If Aroma Veil indeed blocks confusion, then trick room + swagger could be awesome to power up a slow sweeper with a no-drawback +2 attack. Im thinking about pairing with Hariyama for Fake out first turn and destruction 2nd turn.

Now this just may be thinking weirdly here, but just to make Aroma Veil even more attractive. Would it prevent Intimidate and other similar style attacks?

Thank you. I wouldn't say this ONLY protects from anything. It's really good in my opinion and I will try her out myself. I think it's nice not to worry about torment and similar moves now with Fake out now being a higher priority than follow me and rage powder. So you can choose which threatens your team to a greater extent as alot of Trick Romm setters can be ghosts, so no need to worry about Fake out.

I tried this pokemon out last night and got some underwhelming results. I was using an EV spread of 252 HP 204 Def and 52 Sp Def. The defense was to take super effective priority. I use her to set up Trick Room. I think people are aware of how annoying she can be to take down if you don't do it right away, because my opponents usually doubled up on her. I think my EV spread is what cost me. I'm thinking of maybe going 252 Def 252 Sp Def and 4 HP since this girl is really only for setting up trick room and screens on my team, any thoughts? I'm gonna keep trying her out online and see what set gives the best results, if any.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Double-target should not occur if you're supporting your TR setter properly with Fake Out or Rage Powder / Follow Me user. Aromatisse should be able to tank one of the less dangerous threats out on the opponent's side. If you want a defensive spread 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD, Calm Nature offers you the best overall bulk (Defensive EV Applet). The spread can comfortably survive LO Bullet Punch from Scizor, which is probably the strongest priority it would face.

Oh you wanted an offensive Aromatisse? How about this one, capable of OHKOing some of the most prominent threats to TR. Most opponents will assume you're defensive so if you predict switch-ins properly you can get loads of surprise OHKOs, check out the god set:

Aromatisse @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock / Energy Ball
Here are some calcs if you're skeptical about specs aromatisse. While it's true that Aromatisse isn't the most viable specs fairy user on paper, the surprise factor is enormous. Aromatisse actually gets fantastic coverage, and just enough special attack to get the OHKOs it needs. Aroma Veil was the ability I chose to prevent Disabled (Rising in popularity) or Tormented (lol) forcing you to use Struggle.

Get rekt Mega Scizor
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 356-420 (103.4 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 314-372 (77.3 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Get rekt Talonflame
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 362-428 (121.4 - 143.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 280-330 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

get rekt Escavalier (one of the premier threats to TR)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Escavalier: 340-404 (98.8 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
For escavalier make sure that you're not in trick room, adamant Iron Head has a 75% chance to OHKO 252Hp aromatisse.

If you want to run Hidden Power Rock over Hidden Power Fire: get rekt Mega Charizard Y
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 316-376 (106 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aromatisse in Sun: 225-265 (55.4 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Thunderbolt from specs Agod is a 2HKO so if Trick Room is up you'll win 1v1.

For coverage you can run Energy Ball or Psyshock, although neither is particularly powerful, they are the other prominent coverage Aromatisse has access to. Aromatisse also gets Flash Cannon, but since most Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir have high special defence, you're best off not relying on Aromatisse to beat other fairies.
For partners, run something that can beat Heatran in or out of trick room (depending on your team) and you should be fine. Aromatisse can beat the other prominent fire types with proper predicition and the right attack, so team options are not restricted too much when running this set (although it does require minor support in the form of trick room, and pokemon able to switch-in to attacks aimed at Aromatisse if you need to switch moves, but this is true of all specs users).

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh you wanted an offensive Aromatisse? How about this one, capable of OHKOing some of the most prominent threats to TR. Most opponents will assume you're defensive so if you predict switch-ins properly you can get loads of surprise OHKOs, check out the god set:

Aromatisse @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock / Energy Ball
Here are some calcs if you're skeptical about specs aromatisse. While it's true that Aromatisse isn't the most viable specs fairy user on paper, the surprise factor is enormous. Aromatisse actually gets fantastic coverage, and just enough special attack to get the OHKOs it needs. Aroma Veil was the ability I chose to prevent Disabled (Rising in popularity) or Tormented (lol) forcing you to use Struggle.

Get rekt Mega Scizor
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 356-420 (103.4 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 314-372 (77.3 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Get rekt Talonflame
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 362-428 (121.4 - 143.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 280-330 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

get rekt Escavalier (one of the premier threats to TR)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Escavalier: 340-404 (98.8 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
For escavalier make sure that you're not in trick room, adamant Iron Head has a 75% chance to OHKO 252Hp aromatisse.

If you want to run Hidden Power Rock over Hidden Power Fire: get rekt Mega Charizard Y
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aromatisse Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 316-376 (106 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aromatisse in Sun: 225-265 (55.4 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Thunderbolt from specs Agod is a 2HKO so if Trick Room is up you'll win 1v1.
I... I think you just convinced me to start an Aromatisse team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)