Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giratina or Giratina-O? What sets do you prefer for each?
It depends. Giratina boasts more defensive stats then Giratina-o, but Giratina-o boasts more offensive stats then Giratina.

For the sets, it depends once again. I personally like RestTalk for Giratina and probably an offensive Calm Mind for Giratina-o, though I've never used it yet so I don't know.

Giratina-O (along with Shymin-S and Rotom-A) can't be used on Wifi, but can be used with wireless battles.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a lead set on a Skarmory? I don't know if I should use the standard set or if I should make it a little more specially defensive (although the only special attacking leads I can think of at the moment are Infernape, Azelf and Heatran, none of which I would stay in on). I've heard of great success and reliability with a Skarmory lead and since its a lead you don't see around too often, some people may not know how to handle it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a lead set on a Skarmory? I don't know if I should use the standard set or if I should make it a little more specially defensive (although the only special attacking leads I can think of at the moment are Infernape, Azelf and Heatran, none of which I would stay in on). I've heard of great success and reliability with a Skarmory lead and since its a lead you don't see around too often, some people may not know how to handle it.
I personally wouldn't want to use Skarmory as a lead, but I if you are willing to use it, I suggest you try the standard set. Stealth Rock would be a better option then Spikes since it's best to set that up early game.

Skarmory is severely Taunt bait though, and there are a number of leads that can put it down. The leads that you said, Starmie, Trick leads, and Taunt leads such as Gyarados and Aerodactyl can force it to switch out which leaves you with no entry hazards up.

I remember seeing something about in the Battle Castle, when you buy items for certain Pokemon, they give them back to you the next time you go in so you don't have to keep spending Castle Points. But the last time I was in the Battle Castle that didn't seem to be.

In other words: I decided to buy a Choice Scarf for my Togekiss for 20 CP. After beating seven trainers, the next time I went in, they didn't keep the Choice Scarf on it and I had to spend 20 CP to get another one. Am I doing something wrong here?

Is there a way I can fill up my Sinnoh Dex in platinum with Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf without trading or battling them. Or at least can I find them and run straight away so I can soft reset for them later. If I do that will their IVs stay the same? Got no access to Pal park yet and no wifi or anyone to trade with so I actually can't get my synchronisers or extra master balls.

I do believe you're sol massi4h. Sorry.
Actually, in Platinum, if you KO most legendaries (Including the fairies), and then beat the Elite 4, they respawn, but you can only do it once a day.

Unfortunately, it only works on a KO, not if you catch them or run.

Hey, just looking for opinions mostly:

What Pokemon is the most useful for catching other Pokemon, or what to other Smogon'ers use as a Capture Pokemon. I was looking ideally for something with False Swipe and a status move, so Gallade immediately hit me, but I was just wondering what other player's choices are.

I find Gallade to be good with Hypnosis + False Swipe. It also gets Taunt if you are trying to catch something like Growlithe that knows Roar. However, you can get False Swipe as an egg move on Shroomish (the TM doesn't work, though) and get it to learn Spore, as Spore can be much less annoying with its perfect accuracy.

And about Mean Look: if you use Spore then it can't flee anyway. Hopefully you can catch it before it wakes up.

I find Gallade to be good with Hypnosis + False Swipe. It also gets Taunt if you are trying to catch something like Growlithe that knows Roar. However, you can get False Swipe as an egg move on Shroomish (the TM doesn't work, though) and get it to learn Spore, as Spore can be much less annoying with its perfect accuracy.

And about Mean Look: if you use Spore then it can't flee anyway. Hopefully you can catch it before it wakes up.
Mean Look is for runners like Cresselia and the birds, since hypnosis can miss and I like having some insurance just in case they wake up anyway. It's tedious to have to force another encounter.

I missed taunt though, which would be perfect for that filler slot.

Now that I know about Breloom with False Swipe, I might rethink my catcher, though.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Is there a way I can fill up my Sinnoh Dex in platinum with Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf without trading or battling them. Or at least can I find them and run straight away so I can soft reset for them later. If I do that will their IVs stay the same? Got no access to Pal park yet and no wifi or anyone to trade with so I actually can't get my synchronisers or extra master balls.
Probably too late, but you can get whatever synchronizers you want by catching/breeding Ralts on RT...212?! That was just off the top of my head, but I think it's rt 2 something in Plat, point is they are there. Just get whatever syncher you need, stick a False Swiper in Daycare, surf to Fuego Iron works, tape down the down and B buttons to walk all night and level up your False swiper, teach it False swipe with a heart scale and go battle and catch whatever legendary you want.

I bet you could probably prep all that in just 1 day. I did.

I just SRed a shiny Rayquaza on my Emerald. It's got a Hardy nature, so I won't really use it competitively, but I'd like to use it for fun. Its IVs are 24/25/23/8/23/22. With 252 Speed EVs, he can still reach 280 Speed. Would the best use for him probably be a 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Dragon Dance set?

Also, is cloning both Pokémon and items in 3rd/4th gen via the in-game glitch generally considered a legitimate technique these days? They're both very safe too, right?

I just SRed a shiny Rayquaza on my Emerald. It's got a Hardy nature, so I won't really use it competitively, but I'd like to use it for fun. Its IVs are 24/25/23/8/23/22. With 252 Speed EVs, he can still reach 280 Speed. Would the best use for him probably be a 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Dragon Dance set?

Also, is cloning both Pokémon and items in 3rd/4th gen via the in-game glitch generally considered a legitimate technique these days? They're both very safe too, right?
Cloning both Pokemon and items in the 3rd and 4th gen via in-game glitch is legit and safe.

Where can I ask a mod or admin about how to get a troller/flamer off my back on Shoddy? Which forum would I post in?
Just PM them or click the triangle with the arrow on it on their post to report it (just choose the right post ;-) ).

EDIT: NO!!! THERE IS NO TRIANGLE, WE WILL ALL FAINT!!! Just PM them.

Stop being a pussy.
What forum is that in? Or is that a mod's name or something? (Not offending mods or anything, just being a smartass to him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)