Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provided you're not on your last Pokemon and not trapped, just go to anything that can boost up and use your boosting moves. Or go to a wall with a healing move, or something that sets spikes. Destiny Bond only has 8 PP so it'll go quickly.

Currently in Shoddy Battle, using a Bullet Punch/Any other priority that will kill Gengar won't kill the Priority user, but I think on WiFi it should.

EDIT: I now have a question. We have just finished Stage 3 (Thank god that Garchomp wasn't made Uber, but I now want to test out Manaphy), and Stage 4 should be on it's way, I have 3 questions.

1. Will there be any other stages past Stage 4?
2. What happened in Stage 1-2 (I came here just after them)
3. When will we be starting from Stage 1 again? Just a rough estimation, I guess no-one has a set time for it.

Posting again...

OK, I am using an ar to find the secret PID of my pokemon and their IV's, it works great. I am checking it on perfectly legit pokemon, and applying the IV's to the IV to PID applet and my question is...is the PID given to me by the applet suppose to match the pokemon's , because it doesn't, and I know the pokemon I am checking are real???????

I know that the applet lets you know if the spread and nature are possible, but does every pokemon with the same nature and spread have the same PID or is it different, and should the number the applet gives me match the pokemons or am I missing something....thanks

Does anyone know the name of the thread where they ranked all the pokemon based on how many of the others they defeat one-on-one, or something to this effect?

ok i have a question i have read in a post that garchom and manaphy wasn`t made Uber and i am not sure about latias nor garchomp. My question is are these statements true? Which of the pokemon are now OU? (i am talking about stage three of suspect testing)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
ok i have a question i have read in a post that garchom and manaphy wasn`t made Uber and i am not sure about latias nor garchomp. My question is are these statements true? Which of the pokemon are now OU? (i am talking about stage three of suspect testing)
Latias and Manaphy are both now OU, since neither of them met the supermajority the first time (>66%) or got voted uber twice by a simple majority. Garchomp fit the second requirement and was thus banned to ubers.

Has 100 power if the user has used Stockpile once, 200 power if the user has used Stockpile twice, or 300 power if the user has used Stockpile thrice. After using Spit Up, all Stockpiles are lost. Spit Up always rolls 100/100 damage in the random damage part of the damage formula, meaning it does max damage. Spit Up only removes the defensive boosts gained by Stockpile. If a Pokemon uses Cosmic Power five times, then Stockpiles three times, after using Spit Up, the Pokemon will have +5 in both defenses.
What if the user uses stockpile three times, then cosmic power 5 times.

After spit up will the def be boosted by 3 or 5 stages? (I'm assuming three)

Thanks

My question got buried...

When are the next suspect tests going to be held. And where are the results of this suspect test at? (I'm pretty sure they ended already)

My question got buried...

When are the next suspect tests going to be held. And where are the results of this suspect test at? (I'm pretty sure they ended already)
If I'm correct, The next test round is Stage 4, which will test out Species Clause, OHKO clause, and Evasion Clause not being present in OU. Other things reguarding clauses might also be tested.

A test for a poke is likely not to happen for a long time (or it will be a Manaphy test soon if a ton of people complain about it in OU for some reason)

Are these 2 movesets viable for competition, what are your opinions on them?

the first set works amazingly against all of my friends and they are always telling me that i cant use this pokemon if i wanna battle them, but i wanna know some other opinions so here is the first set

Venusaur- this moveset is designed to have venusaur have a constant stream of health while slowly whittling down your opponents team. this set works well against all most all pokemon including fire and flying pokemon, not so much ice for some reason.

item: Big Root

Attacks:
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic

pokemon #2

Xatu- another set revolving around keeping full hp while dealing pretty good damage. this one requires a bit of explaining i guess, so here it is: First turn use future sight to get a neutral hit on something, then use wish to regain hp, and then fly to recover your hp while in the air and when fly hits, you get fly damage plus the future sight damage while retaining your hp. if you want a quick KO for something weak, use psychic.

Item: Leftovers

Attacks:
Future Sight
Wish
Fly
Psychic

For the berres that say, "using it on a pokemon makes it more friendly, hub it also lowers its X stat", how many evs do they take off? I am pretty sure it is ten.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
For the berres that say, "using it on a pokemon makes it more friendly, hub it also lowers its X stat", how many evs do they take off? I am pretty sure it is ten.
If a Pokémon has invested over 100 EVs in any stat, the first time a berry is induced on said Pokémon, that stat, depending on what berry is used, will be reduced to 100 EVs. Every berry thereafter will take an additional 10 EVs of that stat. Make sure you know what berry reduces what stat.

Bottomline: You only need 11 of a type of a berry to completely erase the EVs of that one particular stat.

Here's a good resource to check out.

Using ingrain on a Pokemon without U-turn, Baton Pass, or Shed Shell is a bad idea I think. I'll just go to something that can hit hard enough, or boost up.

It might be good late game, but you'll want to get rid of anything your opponent has that threatens it before you even think about ingraining.

The Xatu set is interesting. Future Sight's rarely seen, but it does have one useful feature - damage is determined at the TIME OF USE. So if you future sight on a sweeper, and your opponent goes to a special wall, future sight's still going to dent them.

The problem is that when you bring in Xatu, as you Future Sight your opponent goes to their counter. It's no good Wishing if you get OHKOed. Xatu's not got the defenses or typing to take hits.

How about using the same idea on Togekiss? It's generally a better Pokemon than Xatu, with the defenses to take more hits. You get a big array of fourth move options, I'd go for Aura Sphere to dent Rocks, Ices, Steels, and physical walls. If you're more worried about electrics try Hidden Power Ground.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Are these 2 movesets viable for competition, what are your opinions on them?
They're both terrible :(
Also, where are their EVs?

the first set works amazingly against all of my friends and they are always telling me that i cant use this pokemon if i wanna battle them, but i wanna know some other opinions so here is the first set
Sorry, but your friends are total noobs and suck at battling. Battle better people next time.

Venusaur- this moveset is designed to have venusaur have a constant stream of health while slowly whittling down your opponents team. this set works well against all most all pokemon including fire and flying pokemon, not so much ice for some reason.

item: Big Root

Attacks:
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic

So how is this going to do anything to Breloom or Roserade (or any other Grass/Poison type?) They are immune to both Leech Seed and Toxic, and they resist Giga Drain. What about an opponent that resists Grass that has Substitute or Taunt? Heatran, Latias, Ninjask, Zapdos, Gengar, Skarmory, Magnezone, and Jirachi all resist Giga Drain and carry moves that can block Leech Seed and Toxic. Also, once you Ingrain, you can't switch out so any Pokemon with a supereffective move can kill you and you can't escape.

pokemon #2

Xatu- another set revolving around keeping full hp while dealing pretty good damage. this one requires a bit of explaining i guess, so here it is: First turn use future sight to get a neutral hit on something, then use wish to regain hp, and then fly to recover your hp while in the air and when fly hits, you get fly damage plus the future sight damage while retaining your hp. if you want a quick KO for something weak, use psychic.

Item: Leftovers

Attacks:
Future Sight
Wish
Fly
Psychic

Here comes a Steel type! Whoops, looks like you can't do much to them. Here comes Tyranitar. Looks like you don't have anything against it either.
If you want movesets that actually work, read Smogon's Pokemon moveset pages.

Blackhawk11

one on one
As soon as someone (I assume DougJustDoug does this, but Colin or another admin might) removes it from the ban list, which is likely to be very soon.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Probably 252 HP \ 220 Def \ 36 Spe with a bold nature, to maximize your physical defence, so you can take hits better from the likes of TTar or Metagross. The 36 Spe EVs are just to outspeed jolly TTar, but you might also go with max Def.

OT: Dawn
OT: Q.Z
Female Gliscor ♀
Nature: Impish | Ability: Hyper Cutter & Sand Veil | Location: Spear Pillar
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Move: N/A
EVs: N/A

Available: Lvl 1 UT or Egg

I found this poke on someones trade thread and it got me thinking....Ok according to the Iv applet an impish natured pokemon can not have flawless Iv's so does that make this hacked???????????????

31 HP / 5 Def / 30 Atk / 13 SAtk / 30 SDef / 16 Spd
Are these IVs good for a this Spiritomb:
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 Spd
- Sucker Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

The only thing I am a little sceptic of is the defense.

OT: Dawn
OT: Q.Z
Female Gliscor ♀
Nature: Impish | Ability: Hyper Cutter & Sand Veil | Location: Spear Pillar
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Move: N/A
EVs: N/A

Available: Lvl 1 UT or Egg

I found this poke on someones trade thread and it got me thinking....Ok according to the Iv applet an impish natured pokemon can not have flawless Iv's so does that make this hacked???????????????

Not 100% sure about this, but I believe that you can have a flawless impish poke if you hatch it, rather than catch it. And given the location, I believe that it would be hatched.

I found this poke on someones trade thread and it got me thinking....Ok according to the Iv applet an impish natured pokemon can not have flawless Iv's so does that make this hacked??????????????
It's hatched not caught. Note that its offered at level 1, or as an egg! A bred Pokemon can have any IV/Nature combination.

A question: If I receive an egg in a trade, and hatch it, who is the OT? The Breeder, or the hatcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)