Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Latias is OU, but I haven't been involved in the suspect testing.
Latios has 20 more base SpA than Latias. Latias tends to run offensive sets, despite its SpD being higher than its SpA. The fact that it runs them so well suggests Latios, which would run many of them even better, is Uber.
Of course, what helps them both is having the best attacking type in the game - Dragon - off good offensive stats, and no 4x ice weakness unlike most dragons in standard.
Not contributing to making one Uber or one OU, but along with the lack of a 4x Ice weakness, they both resist Electric and Water type moves (Kyogre), and they resist Fire and are immune to Ground (Groudon), which can be major selling points

(To Haunter: sorry for being a dick)

Not contributing to making one Uber or one OU, but along with the lack of a 4x Ice weakness, they both resist Electric and Water type moves (Kyogre), and they resist Fire and are immune to Ground (Groudon), which can be major selling points

(To Haunter: sorry for being a dick)
That would only affect how much either gets used in Ubers, not whether or not they're banned to Ubers.

That would only affect how much either gets used in Ubers, not whether or not they're banned to Ubers.
True, my specific points were more specifically for Ubers than not, but I'm sure they can have some similar uses in OU. But you must remember, Ubers status is determined by power in OU, not Ubers!

perfect IV's are really upsetting. Its seriously hard to obtain and tedious. If I were to EV train in only ATTACK and SPEED, would it suffice for its job? I just raised a scyther and its IV's are really retarded.

Does anyone know how the hack check for the video game championship works? I have a Shiny Latios with legit catch location, time, stats and so on but I'm not sure if its REALLY legit.

So does Nintendo hack check just the obvious stuff, or do they mess around with secret ID numbers or..

So my Scythers stats with no EV's at the moment.

Scyther - #123 (Adamant)
HP: 8 - 9
Att: 11
Def: 29 - 30
SpA: 24
SpD: 18
Speed: 8

So my Scythers stats with no EV's at the moment.

Scyther - #123 (Adamant)
HP: 8 - 9
Att: 11
Def: 29 - 30
SpA: 24
SpD: 18
Speed: 8
Are you planning to use it in-game or competitively? If the latter, I'd recommend at least breeding to get higher IVs in the essential stats (in Scyther's case, I'd imagine Attack and Speed). With so many flawless Dittos available for free and the use of Power items in HGSS, if you have it, getting 31s in both of those shouldn't require too much work.

EDIT: Anyone know if this (http://www.datelgaming.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DUS0167&click=22) will work with a DS Lite? I'm seriously considering taking the leap and getting one.

I accidentaly gave my snorunt 4 attack and 2 hp EVs. Now I'm all screwed up. How many of the berries do I give it to clear attack and HP EVs?

Also at lv50, is there a way to check if I EV trained correctly and didn't miss any?

I accidentaly gave my snorunt 4 attack and 2 hp EVs. Now I'm all screwed up. How many of the berries do I give it to clear attack and HP EVs?
One HP reducing berry and one Attack reducing berry. Under 100 EVs they reduce the stat point by 10 each.

Yes. The minute you get to Goldenrod (or Eurkatec where Bill fixes the wi-fi)

You unlock a course for the PokeWalker when you get a Pokemon from a foreign country over GTs. That's what she meant by Remoraid. Keep in mind: getting the right Pokes on the PokeWalkers event courses can be annoying....
So, I have to trade with someone in another country? Damn. I'll find an american to arrange a trade with XD

PS, I'm a guy btw ;P

Ok. I'm currently only in Violet City atm. Getting a Kangaskhan before I do anything more. But when I'm ready, I'll PM you and we can arrange something :)

Assuming I have very little time/patience to invest, in terms of time/reward payoff is my effort best spent on EVs, IVs, or Natures?

For reference, I currently have Pokerus and a Macho Brace, but no Power items.

Assuming I have very little time/patience to invest, in terms of time/reward payoff is my effort best spent on EVs, IVs, or Natures?

I would say just catch something with the right Nature and don't bother with EV/IV training.

Is there somewhere I can find out why each uber is uber (ie, which characteristic(s) it fits, and some kind of evidence thereof?) Obviously, some are obvious, like Kyogre due to its access to effectively double STAB, along with a 100% accurate Thunder, as well as being the ultimate Rain suporter, but others aren't so obvious. So is there someplace I can look up to find out exactly what makes each uber uber?

Is there somewhere I can find out why each uber is uber (ie, which characteristic(s) it fits, and some kind of evidence thereof?) Obviously, some are obvious, like Kyogre due to its access to effectively double STAB, along with a 100% accurate Thunder, as well as being the ultimate Rain suporter, but others aren't so obvious. So is there someplace I can look up to find out exactly what makes each uber uber?
For the most part, I'm pretty sure it's stats. For ones that seem like they're borderline, they very well might have been--might be worth it to check the "Suspect" archives* to see if the pokemon you're curious about is in there.

Example: Garchomp getting moved to Uber was, as I understand it, a pretty contentious decision, based on the fact that it led to "over-centralization" of the game (that is, pretty much every OU team ended up having to run Garchomp AND a Garchomp counter).

[Edit: *Okay--I don't know why I thought there was a specific "Suspect" forum, but what I did find was, (1) you can get some mileage out of doing a google search for "site:smogon.com garchomp suspect," and you'll find some discussion, but it looks like the actual ANALYSES of the suspects can be found in "The Smog."]

[Edit 2: This thread might also help]

Giratina ?'s

I caught a shiny Giratina-O, the legit way. It has a modest nature, and I want to use it in my teams from now on, but kinda want to use it as a spin blocker.
What moves are suggested, and EV's?

I read the giratina-o page and liked the spinblocker there, but my Giratina has a -att, +spa. The moves there won't be as effective as some of them rely on a decent attack and mine is already lowered from the nature.

Any help would be appreciatedI caught a shiny Giratina-O, the legit way. It has a modest nature, and I want to use it in my teams from now on, but kinda want to use it as a spin blocker.
What moves are suggested, and EV's?

I read the giratina-o page and liked the spinblocker there, but my Giratina has a -att, +spa. The moves there won't be as effective as some of them rely on a decent attack and mine is already lowered from the nature.

Any help would be appreciated

Is this for competitive play or in-game? If you ask nicely in the Wifi forum, there are people who would be happy to send you Power items and one of the several flawless redistributable Dittos floating around the community. Everstones and Power items make nature not too much of a chore, and breeding for only one or two perfect IVs is easy. EVs require the most work, assuming you don't have the cash for a ton of vitamins, but I believe they also provide the biggest boost.

perfect IV's are really upsetting. Its seriously hard to obtain and tedious. If I were to EV train in only ATTACK and SPEED, would it suffice for its job? I just raised a scyther and its IV's are really retarded.
At the very least, any Pokemon that runs 252 Speed EVs needs a 31 IV. You'll also want any stats you 'use' to be decent, like 26 or more.
Few Pokemon have more than one 'dump stat' - Attack for a pure special attacker, SpA for pure physical. Even in the stats you don't use so much, like defenses on a frail sweeper, it still helps if they're higher.

If EV spreads are tuned to nHKO things or survive things, make sure you fix them. For each point your IV is short, add 4 EVs to make up for it.

Ultimately, keep a sense of perspective. Imperfect IVs make your Pokemon weaker, but if you have the better team and are the better battler you can still expect to win. (Within reason; if you have a team of all sub-5 IVs you're in trouble).

Also, in the specific case of Scyther - you ought to say whether you plan on evolving it into Scizor or using it as Scyther. (Or even cloning it to run both!)

EDIT: Anyone know if this (http://www.datelgaming.com/ProductDe...S0167&click=22) will work with a DS Lite? I'm seriously considering taking the leap and getting one.
It will work. It may not work with the DSi.

Also at lv50, is there a way to check if I EV trained correctly and didn't miss any
Somewhere there is a person who will give you an effort ribbon if all EVs are assigned. (Note the max is 510, despite the fact that you only ever need 508 and the last 2 are useless). Of course that won't tell you what stat they're in. If you know your IVs you can calculate what the stats should be with a given EV spread.

IVs and Natures are about equal, EVs are worth about twice as much as either IVs or Natures.
Get yourself a sychroniser of the relevant nature and catch a couple dozen or so of the Pokemon you want. (Number depending on rarity really). Pick the one with the best IVs for the job, then EV Train it.

Johto Safari Zone

Heey guys,

I've just received the call from Boaba that I now have 12 placeable items to use for my Safari Zone. Does anybody know the interval or the actions that trigger Boabas next call?

Kind Regards

Are you planning to use it in-game or competitively? If the latter, I'd recommend at least breeding to get higher IVs in the essential stats (in Scyther's case, I'd imagine Attack and Speed). With so many flawless Dittos available for free and the use of Power items in HGSS, if you have it, getting 31s in both of those shouldn't require too much work.

EDIT: Anyone know if this (http://www.datelgaming.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DUS0167&click=22) will work with a DS Lite? I'm seriously considering taking the leap and getting one.
where do i get this said Ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)