Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I Need 4 Yuan:

My description for Taunt says: "During effect, non-damaging moves are disabled for opponent." Since this causes Stealth Rock to be disabled, like Disable can, Stealth Rock is prevented from being used when it tries to use it (no PP is spent.) A disabled move also can't be chosen, either.

Let's say I use U-turn and KO my opponent's guy. Will they see the Pokémon I switch in before choosing their own to send out next?

if you kill with u-turn you switch first then he switch. unless of course one of you 2 are on the last but then the result is obvious.

hey does anyone know in a "slightly detailed" way how unaware works since I know most people don't use bidoof or Bibarel online i'm curious to know how it's ability works. Does it make it to where the opponent can't use stat changing moves or is there more too it?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey does anyone know in a "slightly detailed" way how unaware works since I know most people don't use bidoof or Bibarel online i'm curious to know how it's ability works. Does it make it to where the opponent can't use stat changing moves or is there more too it?
It just negates any boosts that the opposing pokemon has when the pokemon with boosts attacks the pokemon with unaware, i.e. If Gyarados with two Dragon Dances attacks Bibarel with, say, Earthquake, then Gyarados's Attack boosts won't change the amount of damage that Earthquake does. This ability is why the CAP Arghonaut is so useful.

Ok i'm new to the whole competitive pokemon, can anyone send me the link to how to EV train.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/evs_ivs

I'm trying to do that Masuda Method.. but i dont know if im doing it right..

Jap HG Male Cyndaquil.. English HG Female Lucario.

I've done about 100 eggs.. but nothing, no shinies. Do I keep going? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Gairyuki789:

My description for Unaware reads:
Attacks by bearer against non-bearers ignore their opponent's Defense, Special
Defense, and evasiveness stat stages.
Attacks by non-bearers against bearer ignore their attacker's Attack, Special
Attack, and Accuracy stat stages.
Unaware does not prevent the opponent from using stat-reducing moves.
Note also that only stat stages are ignored (from Swords Dance, Growl, and the like) and not other effects that raise or lower stats (such as DeepSeaTooth, Huge Power, and so on).

As an example.

Assume the opponent uses Swords Dance to sharply raise its Attack. When it uses a physical attack such as Crunch against a Pokemon with Unaware, the Attack increase from Swords Dance is ignored. (This also happens if the opponent's Attack stat stage is reduced instead, such as with Growl.)

Now assume instead that the opponent has Huge Power, which doubles its Attack. When the opponent uses a physical attack such as Crunch against a Pokemon with Unaware, the Attack increase from Huge Power is not ignored because it's not a stat stage boost.

lyt_cadorea:

No it isn't. Destiny Bond targets the "user" and not a particular opponent.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ Phadunk: You are doing it right, but the Musada method only multiplies the chance by 4 to give 1/2048, so it is still hugely unlikely. It is not worth breeding in order to get shinies this way. If you want them, try RNG or Pokeradar.

@ Phadunk: You are doing it right, but the Musada method only multiplies the chance by 4 to give 1/2048, so it is still huggely unlikely. It is not worth breeding in order to get shinies this way. If you want them, try RNG or Pokeradar.
as long as im doing it right.. thats all that matters. time isn't an issue.. Black and White isnt coming out anytime soon.

Why doesn't Smogon show Eruption as one of Heatran's moves? Granted, it's only legal with a specific nature (Quiet) but shouldn't it at least be listed as a possibility? For example, a slow moving Heatran could fake a lot of opposing Pokémon out. A set such as this:

Heatran - Quiet @Leftovers

Substitute
Eruption
Hidden Power (Grass)/Hidden Power (Ice)/Dragon Pulse
Explosion/Lava Plume

This could be a very powerful and sturdy set, if used correctly.

Plus, a scarfed version of it would lose out on some valuable speed, but it could still hit a ton of things very easily

smogon or smogon server on shoddy battle? granted, on shoddy battle it wont show up until shoddy 2 because shoddy 1 cant put limits for nature, evs and moves(shit like adamant flare blitz entei).

on smogon(the site itself)....well if that is the case then they are just lazy.

smogon or smogon server on shoddy battle? granted, on shoddy battle it wont show up until shoddy 2 because shoddy 1 cant put limits for nature, evs and moves(shit like adamant flare blitz entei).

on smogon(the site itself)....well if that is the case then they are just lazy.
On both, actually. And it can't? Well why not just waive the restriction for now and let it be any nature? Then update it for Shoddy 2. I can think of tons of places where Eruption would be fantastic

1. What is the principle behind priority? Is -7 priority THE most important move, or is 7 priority the most important move?

Does Trick work if you aren't holding an item but your opponent is? Thinking about making an in-game Banette to be a frisk thief.

I am not sure if I should ask this on here or that site, a member mention, yesterday. But I will ask anyways.

What is better? A Adamant Gallade or a Jolly Gallade? Btw he is a Swords dancer.

its up to personal preference, with adamant you ohho hippo, swampert, skarm all with +2 CC 100% of the time after SR, with jolly you outspeed adamant Lucario, Timid non-scarf heatran and speed tie with jolly nite and jolly mamo.

its speed VS power.

Hm. So with Life Orb, and Swords dance +1 and Jolly Nature, would I fair well with this set of moves?

Close Combat
Ice Punch
Night Slash

ice punch is useless at best on that set, all the pokemons you would use against are either faster and ohko or hit harder by your other moves, i would use stone edge over ice punch for hitting gyarados.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)