Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

i can't challenge anyone. I didn't think it deserved it's own thread. basically, I click challenge, nothing happens. bad since i can't challenge any frontier brains. now I look dumb for pming them then not challenging them
everything else is working fine

Hey, I'm new here and don't know how Shoddy works. Can someone please explain for me?

EDIT: There, good ol' purple :)
Well, you download it, go to teambuilder, make a team, then go to your right. click the "find" tab, load the team you want, and click find. Within seconds you will be battling.

Uum, Triple Kick is listead as having 60 BP in Shoddy and as having 10 BP in Smogon moves. It's kind of confusing xD
IIRC, triple kick doubles in power each kick. 10 + 20 + 30 = 60

so this is probably a dumb question or i am looking over something obvious. but here goes

i just downloaded shoddy and have made a few teams. how do i start battling with them?

also, does anyone go on anymore, every room seems to be empty??? lik 0/500 or 0/100 and such... it is also not letting me connect to any of those servers

so this is probably a dumb question or i am looking over something obvious. but here goes

i just downloaded shoddy and have made a few teams. how do i start battling with them?

also, does anyone go on anymore, every room seems to be empty??? lik 0/500 or 0/100 and such... it is also not letting me connect to any of those servers
Shoddy has its own server, which is usally pretty near full (Or sometimes IS full)

To battle, on the righthand side of the screen, above the list of the player names should be 3 tabs. Click the right hand one. Click the load team button. Then click find. Then wait < a minute and voila!

wtf do I run .jnlp files with? In other words, how do I run Shoddy when my computer doesn't recognize the file type and I don't have a program to run it with. When I try to run it with Firefox, it just brings up a new window or tab and says: "You have chosen to open programname(DOT)jnlp2. Open with (browse) or save file.

I am having some trouble with shoddy battle. I seem to be able to run it, but the interface is poor in quality. For example, the text is somewhat multicolored and hard to read, drop down tabs don't line up well so I can't read the items under it, I can't use my mouse to click where I need to. Pushing the tab button lets me shuffle around, but selecting moves is impossible. Is there anyway to clear this up?

No, it's meant to run on its own, using Java as the launcher. If you click on it, it should run. If you are sure Java is up to date, then right click and Open With > Java Web Start Launcher. You can associate .jnlp files with Java in the Control Panel.

@Jukain-Arashi - To almost guarentee this working, just compile the client in netbeans to get the sprites from a JAR file. Even so, you can just remove the notice there.

I did a little work for you and compiled it all right here. The Teams tab on the Welcome Window may not work right, and sprites may not work, and same with the Metaserver, but it's the best I can do here. Unless someone could shed some light on where Colin moved the metaserver.

EDIT: Ok, got the metaserver. I'll have everything ready in an hour with some instructions

Peace

Hi guys this is my first post here and im going to ask a stupid question. Can you actually see the attack when playing shoddy battle? like does fire blast make a fiery blast on the screen? If not cant somebody program it? asking because I have to wait until the weekend to play

Peace

@Jukain-Arashi - To almost guarentee this working, just compile the client in netbeans to get the sprites from a JAR file. Even so, you can just remove the notice there.

I did a little work for you and compiled it all right here. The Teams tab on the Welcome Window may not work right, and sprites may not work, and same with the Metaserver, but it's the best I can do here. Unless someone could shed some light on where Colin moved the metaserver.

EDIT: Ok, got the metaserver. I'll have everything ready in an hour with some instructions
Alright, thank you very much. Would you kind as to PMing me once you are done? Thanks again.

Peace

Hi guys this is my first post here and im going to ask a stupid question. Can you actually see the attack when playing shoddy battle? like does fire blast make a fiery blast on the screen? If not cant somebody program it? asking because I have to wait until the weekend to play

Peace

No, it doesn't, and it would take too much work to edit in animations when a lot of people don't even like them, especially since focus is on working on Shoddy Battle 2 and ironing out mechanics issues. Sorry!

No, it doesn't, and it would take too much work to edit in animations when a lot of people don't even like them, especially since focus is on working on Shoddy Battle 2 and ironing out mechanics issues. Sorry!
Is there any other online game where it shows the attack?

I am having some trouble with shoddy battle. I seem to be able to run it, but the interface is poor in quality. For example, the text is somewhat multicolored and hard to read, drop down tabs don't line up well so I can't read the items under it, I can't use my mouse to click where I need to. Pushing the tab button lets me shuffle around, but selecting moves is impossible. Is there anyway to clear this up?
Sorry to post again, but I don't want it to get skipped over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)