Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it banned to have a pokemon with swift swim and politoed on the same team? Did Smogon ban this strategy?
Yea

Edit: not really.

Drizzle and swift swim are banned in OU. You could still use non-DW polities alongside a swift swimmer

What poke would be a good counter to any grass types, especially venusaur with energy ball+hidden power fire. Pls note that I'm using a rain team, thus no fire types. It would also be useful if it has a resistance to electric, but not necessary.
You could use Toxicroak. He resists grass+fire in rain and only takes anything from EQ. He 2HKO's Venusaur with Ice Punch and OHKO's at +2. Latios too, Timid Specs DM OHKO's.

And could that Microsoft Silverlight calculator be put in the OP? It's a great tool, and it's annoying to search for it every time.

You could use Toxicroak. He resists grass+fire in rain and only takes anything from EQ. He 2HKO's Venusaur with Ice Punch and OHKO's at +2. Latios too, Timid Specs DM OHKO's.

And could that Microsoft Silverlight calculator be put in the OP? It's a great tool, and it's annoying to search for it every time.
Toxicroak doesn't resist fire that well, thanks to dry skin (which is the only reason toxicroak is used)

Reposting because I didn´t get my answer yet:

Is it true that if I skill swap Pure/Huge Power the boost goes to 1.5x from 2x? I read that on Gamefaqs, so I´m not sure if it´s true.

What's the best way to get Stealth Rocks onto a Smeargle in Gen V? Since Sketch fails in wifi/wireless and doesn't save from targeting your own Pokemon in Battle Subway, is there a wild pokemon I could find that fairly consistently uses SR?

Cheren's Gigalith and wild Boldore in Victory Road can use it. If Cheren can't hit SE he will often set SR first thing, from my experience.

Reposting because I didn´t get my answer yet:

Is it true that if I skill swap Pure/Huge Power the boost goes to 1.5x from 2x? I read that on Gamefaqs, so I´m not sure if it´s true.
That's the opposite of true.

Pure Power and Huge Power give a x2 bonus to the respective Pokemon they're on. Pure Power gives that same x2 bonus to another Pokemon if it's Skill Swapped. Huge Power, for whatever reason, will only give a x1.5 bonus to the other Pokemon if it's Skill Swapped.

Is light ball available and legal for use in the BW metagame? If so, when was it released?
No it hasn't. Pikachu had a 5% chance of holding a Light Ball in Generation 4, but you can't transfer over items from 4 to 5. Thus, it isn't released, as Pikachu isn't available in Gen 5 and that's the only way to get a Light Ball.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Actually, Light Ball was recently (but it's been quite a while now I'd think.) in a Pikachu event in Japan. It was a Lightningrod Pikachu with sing and it carried Light Ball 100% of the time, but I'd think there's no way to get in on your cartridge unless you live in Japan/have a friend living in Japan

What's the best way to get Stealth Rocks onto a Smeargle in Gen V? Since Sketch fails in wifi/wireless and doesn't save from targeting your own Pokemon in Battle Subway, is there a wild pokemon I could find that fairly consistently uses SR?
Sketching moves is super easy in BW. Just get into a wild double battle on Route 3, have your own pokemon use the move you want, then have Smeargle Sketch it.

Actually, Light Ball was recently (but it's been quite a while now I'd think.) in a Pikachu event in Japan. It was a Lightningrod Pikachu with sing and it carried Light Ball 100% of the time, but I'd think there's no way to get in on your cartridge unless you live in Japan/have a friend living in Japan
So it's effectively legal for B/W metagame?

Does it really matter if a Sassy Ferroseed has a good IV in speed, I mean, it's so goddamn slow that Gyro Ball should have good BP most of the time anyway, right?

Does it really matter if a Sassy Ferroseed has a good IV in speed, I mean, it's so goddamn slow that Gyro Ball should have good BP most of the time anyway, right?
It only 'matters' to opposing slower pokemon.
A bulky set of alot of the sweepers can fairly good live Gyro ball allready , so the 0IV speed is just so you hit those kinds slightly harder as it can make a difference.
But commonly spoken , it doesnt matter THAT much.

How good a speed iv are we talking about? 0 iv sassy ferrothorn has 40 spd at level 100, whereas that same ferrothorn with 31 iv's has 68 speed. That means that, while the first would hit something with over 240 spd with a max power (150) gyro ball, the second would only hit the same target with 88 power (only hitting max on things with over 408 spd). With 16 iv's it would have 54 spd and hit 240 spd mons with 111 power (hitting max on anything with over 324 spd). I believe a good iv can be OK (or at least usable), but if it starts getting too good you may have a problem.

The formula for gyro ball is power=25*(opponent spd/your spd), maxing out at 150, so on something so slow the iv can make a difference (since it can greatly increase the denominator).

How much SAtk do I need to OHKO Gliscor with HP Ice?

According to my "personal" calcs I need exactly 298 SAtk to get 50% of a chance to OHKO it:

HP Ice on Gliscor (252 HP, 0 SDef)
324 - 384 = 91.5% - 108.5%

For a clean OHKO at least 326 SAtk:

356 - 420 = 100.6% - 118.6%

If you ask me: I think those numbers are a bit off; too high for a mixed (physical) sweeper. Does anyone have experience in terms of killing Gliscor?

How much SAtk do I need to OHKO Gliscor with HP Ice?

According to my "personal" calcs I need exactly 298 SAtk to get 50% of a chance to OHKO it:

324 - 384 = 91.5% - 108.5%

For a clean OHKO at least 326 SAtk:

356 - 420 = 100.6% - 118.6%

If you ask me: I think those numbers are a bit off; too high for a mixed (physical) sweeper. Does anyone have experience in terms of killing Gliscor?
Your calculation is correct. 326 spatk is necessary to always OHKO 252/0 Gliscor. However, only 285 spatk is necessary if Stealth Rock is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)