Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently breeding a Dratini for the battle subway, quick breeding question.

I have two parents (male and female) which have all 31 Iv's barring Attack and Special Attack. But I also have another parent which has a 31 Iv in Attack, Defense and Special Defence.

If I was going for 31 Iv's in all but Special Attack what would be the best route to do this?

Currently breeding a Dratini for the battle subway, quick breeding question.

I have two parents (male and female) which have all 31 Iv's barring Attack and Special Attack. But I also have another parent which has a 31 Iv in Attack, Defense and Special Defence.

If I was going for 31 Iv's in all but Special Attack what would be the best route to do this?
The two parents with 31 in everything but Atk and SpAtk would be best. You're going to need to randomly generate one of the 5 perfect IVs no matter what you do, so that IV might as well be Atk. However, since I assume you'd be fine with 31/31/25+/x/25+/31, so you'd want to breed two parents with max HP, Atk, and Spe and good Defenses.

Is something up with the server? It kicked me off and now it says "Connected to server" then immediately "disconnected from server"but I see other people on.

Does anybody happen to have any advice for a set for a Bastiodon who will ONLY be used in the Battle Tower/Subway?

I was thinking of making a Metal Burst set because he's honestly not that great of a Pokemon. Would having Substitute be viable, or does that not work with MB?

Does anybody happen to have any advice for a set for a Bastiodon who will ONLY be used in the Battle Tower/Subway?

I was thinking of making a Metal Burst set because he's honestly not that great of a Pokemon. Would having Substitute be viable, or does that not work with MB?
Bastiodon's best bet for the Battle Subway would be abusing Metal Burst and Sturdy to take out one of the opponent's Pokemon. Even at that, Aggron is better at this due to its higher HP.

This may be a stupid question, but can I ask a non-pokemon related question here? And if not, can you direct me to where I can ask such a question?

This is a Pokémon forum so if you aren't going to ask a Pokémon or Pokémon-franchise-related question, you should try Yahoo Answers or the ever-popular Google

What nature is best for an RP Aggron in the battle Subway?

Adamant or Jolly? Here is the set if you are interested:
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is designed to be a lead. Thanks in advance ^_^

Assuming 252 Atk 252 Spe, if you went Jolly you would outspeed some Marowak, Suicune, Golem, Excadrill, and Nidoking, and also tie some Krookodile. Nothing important is outsped by opting for Jolly once you get the +2 boost

I'd say Adamant is best. It still outruns Timid Jolteon at Lv. 50 and Jolly won't let you outrun Scarfed Neutral Natured Base 100's. Also, you should consider running Sturdy and Stone Edge instead of Rock Head and Head Smash, as it allows you to stop Scarfed OHKO users and always get a Rock Polish off, barring something like a flinch or Arm Thrust.

What are the requirements for me to obtain my Regional Diploma? Do I need to see or catch the Pokemon for me to obtain it? And if I already have the National Pokedex, does that mean I cant go back and somehow obtain my Regional one?

And: do the Rotom formes, Giratina formes, and Shaymin formes work in 5th gen Wi-Fi battles? Do the Rotom formes work in the Battle Subway? Do they work in random Wi-Fi matchups?

Thanks in advance.

~ Aether Nexus

^ Even mixed walls like Arceus and Swampert would rather sacrifice some speed than give up a 10% increase to a stat.

I just got my hands on a Sassy Ferrothorn. Any good EV spreads I should use for it in OU?
Are there any EV spreads for Sassy that are optimized for specific threats? I know Relaxed is, so I'm curious

Is there a decent set/spread for Heatran that combines its offensive and defensive capabilities? I'm using the Offensive set right now, with Roar in place of SR (I already have another mon for that). I like having access to its firepower, but it's also nice to have phazing, and I'd like to have a bit more bulk...just not sure what the best spread for that would be.

Is there a decent set/spread for Heatran that combines its offensive and defensive capabilities? I'm using the Offensive set right now, with Roar in place of SR (I already have another mon for that). I like having access to its firepower, but it's also nice to have phazing, and I'd like to have a bit more bulk...just not sure what the best spread for that would be.
Well you could go with something like 252 HP/96 SpAtk/160 Spe with Modest and your same moveset. The Speed EVs allow you to outrun Adamant Scizor and maximum HP is for bulk with the rest put into SpAtk to still hit hard.

I was wondering, What happens to Tornadus's Typing when it carries an Iron Ball or if Gravity is in effect?

Does it Lose it's Flying type?

If it does lose it's flying type, what type does it become?

In Cresselia's OU analysis, Calm Mind set has 252HP/216Def/40SpA with Modest nature but it doesn't have any explanations on what those EVs do.
I checked the original thread in uploaded analysis and there weren't any either.
Does anyone have any idea about what they do??

haunter

Banned deucer.
@above: I doon't think that those EVs in SpA achieve anything important, you can probably just use max HP and Def without losing any relevant KO after a few boosts.

I was wondering, What happens to Tornadus's Typing when it carries an Iron Ball or if Gravity is in effect?

Does it Lose it's Flying type?

If it does lose it's flying type, what type does it become?

It just loses its immunity to ground moves, the typing of the Pokemon doesn't change.

As for the first question, I dunno. As for the second, I presume that's simply because instead of banning the ability they actually banned Snover and Abomasnow themselves to BL, so there was no need to actually ban the ability itself in the lower tier since it simply doesn't exist in those teirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)