Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer - Other Metagames edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. If you're thinking of making a topic that can be answered with one post, please post it here instead. New threads should be for discussion!

• Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  • While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  • At least do a simple google search before asking the question here.
  • This is already in the Smogon and Dragonspiral Tower forum rules, but I will reiterate again do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things.
  • Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
  • Do not ask whether a metagame already has a thread; instead, use the search function.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
FAQ

What is this?: Other Metagames is a collection of various game types or modes that are not decided based on the usage statistics of the Overused tier. The only exceptions to this rule are metagames that use the banlist of existing tiers in combination with new features, such as Six Move Battling, and PU, which does not have its own forum on account of a lack of interest big enough to justify it.

What metagame's are allowed in this forum?: Any game type that can be played in some way shape or form on Pokemon Showdown is allowed in here. For example, although Tier10 isn't an actual game type on Pokemon Showdown, you can still play it if both you and your opponent agree to follow its special set of rules.

What is [metagame] like?: Each metagame will have a brief description of itself at beginning of its thread. Only post in this thread if the introduction to a metagame's thread is unsatisfactory.

Hey, I have a cool idea for a game type, can I post it here?: In order to be allowed in the Other Metagames forum, a game type most be both A. playable on Pokemon Showdown in some capacity, and B. have some interest in it. Other Metagame mods reserve the right to close a thread even if it follows these rules, but you shouldn't have to worry, as this is reserved only for the worst game types.

Where can I find battles for tiers that don't have much activity on showdown. Since Glitchmons and the like are always dead, and there are only a few people on the IRC chat?

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Where can I find battles for tiers that don't have much activity on showdown. Since Glitchmons and the like are always dead, and there are only a few people on the IRC chat?
You'll typically have to ask people in the main server's chat to find an opponent or host/join a tourney for the meta, with tourneys being how metas such as 6 moves and Smearmetromoody came to existence. To my knowledge, this really isn't the case for Balanced Hackmons where you can sometimes find people on the ladder but unfortunately battles in metas other than the standard tend to be hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)