Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breeding question: If I have an everstone and a power item on each of my pokemon in the daycare, will they both do their job?
Yes, they will.As long it's not international parents, since IIRC it does not work for them. The power items will, regardless.

can a minccinco learn quick attack by any means except cheating?
Acording to serebii dex, neither Minccino nor Cinccino learns quick attack by any means.

Yo, does using a Pokemon with Synchronize work to influence the nature of Pokemon such as Landorus?
Of course it does.That's the main use for it.

When will Shoddy Battle support Black & White?
Shoddy Battle's successor is in the stage where it's almost ready for a public beta. Once we have enough information on the new Pokemon, moves, items, abilities, and formulae - and once Cathy, bearzly, and Super have the time to implement them - you will be able to play Black & White battles on that. The original Shoddy Battle will no longer be supported by Smogon by the time this happens.
where can I find the place to download the shoddy battle successor so that i can start trying out my teams?

Where can you find a pokemon with Synchronize in B/W? I have some of what I need on the other games, but… I don't have a second DS to do the transfer and I kinda want to get Landorus.

Where can you find a pokemon with Synchronize in B/W? I have some of what I need on the other games, but… I don't have a second DS to do the transfer and I kinda want to get Landorus.
The only synchronizers are Elgyem and Munna/Musharna, and Munna is at best only a 20% encounter rate. Elgyem is 50% on the top floor of Celestial Tower, but unfortunately has 2 possible abilities, so only 1 in 4 encounters will get you another synchronizer. Note that Munna has 2 possible abilities as well, so I wouldn't even try for them.

The only synchronizers are Elgyem and Munna/Musharna, and Munna is at best only a 20% encounter rate. Elgyem is 50% on the top floor of Celestial Tower, but unfortunately has 2 possible abilities, so only 1 in 4 encounters will get you another synchronizer. Note that Munna has 2 possible abilities as well, so I wouldn't even try for them.
However, Munna's Forewarn ability shows up after entering the battle, so you immediately know if it has Synchronize. Munna is also earlier in-game, for those wanting to use Synchronize in-game

Can someone explain what upping stats by one stage actually means.

So what is the direct impact of nasty plot or swords dance etc. Is it a percentage of base stat etc

Nickg07:

Each Pokemon has a set of values that increase or decrease stats. These values are known as stat stages. Each stat stage includes a multiplier. Naturally, the higher the stat stage, the higher the multiplier will be.

When a move increases a stat by 1 stage, 2 stages, and so on, they actually increase the stat stage for the corresponding amount by 1, 2, and so on, thereby also increasing the stat multiplier for that stat. Thus, for example, a single use of Swords Dance would result in the user's Attack being doubled, and two uses would result in a tripled Attack.

Each stat stage starts at 0 and can go from +6 to -6. Here are the stat multipliers for each stat stage:

-6: 2/8
-5: 2/7
-4: 2/6
-3: 2/5
-2: 2/4
-1: 2/3
0: 1
1: 1.5
2: 2
3: 2.5
4: 3
5: 3.5
6: 4

As you can see, stat stages represent a scale of values.

Thanks guys i did actually google it earlier in relation to Nasty plot but couldnt find out what the stages actually did...

I didnt realise that it was such a large multiplier, i assued that it would run maybe like natures with a +/-10-20% max each time, not a whole doublding or trebling of the actual number itself.

Nice.

how much accuracy does your team gain from Victini's Victory star Abilty? and does the ability activate automatically at the beginning of battle or does Victy have to come out first?

Team Compliment

Hello. I have nearly completed my team for competitive play for 5G. Since stealth rock can't be learned as a TM anymore and very few Pokemon learn spikes or stealth rock by leveling up in 5G I have no clue who to use as 6th Pokemon in my team.
I wanted to use my Azelf from 4G, (stealth rock explosion, fire blast and taunt+ focus band) but I have a hard time believing that stealth rock and spikes are going to be used a lot now... Should I still use him even though he was based on preventing my opponent from setting up stealth rock or spikes than one-shotting it with explosion or fire blast or should I just add another Pokemon ( and which one) to my team?
My team is
Mienshao
Accelgor
Hydreigon
Starmie
Darmanitan

Thanks guys i did actually google it earlier in relation to Nasty plot but couldnt find out what the stages actually did...

I didnt realise that it was such a large multiplier, i assued that it would run maybe like natures with a +/-10-20% max each time, not a whole doublding or trebling of the actual number itself.

Nice.
Accuracy and evasion work differently, so you may wantto read up. I think they go in increments of 1/3 instead of 1/2 (the negative stages are the inverses of the positive stages, which I think is easier to remember in order to calculate).

Hello. I have nearly completed my team for competitive play for 5G. Since stealth rock can't be learned as a TM anymore and very few Pokemon learn spikes or stealth rock by leveling up in 5G I have no clue who to use as 6th Pokemon in my team.
I wanted to use my Azelf from 4G, (stealth rock explosion, fire blast and taunt+ focus band) but I have a hard time believing that stealth rock and spikes are going to be used a lot now... Should I still use him even though he was based on preventing my opponent from setting up stealth rock or spikes than one-shotting it with explosion or fire blast or should I just add another Pokemon ( and which one) to my team?
My team is
Mienshao
Accelgor
Hydreigon
Starmie
Darmanitan
I'm still a nooblet here, but one thing I hear now is that Explosion has a hard time one-shotting things now, since the damage got nerfed(it no longer halves.) plus, a Whimsicott witch Prankster and Taunt can shut him down cold. so you might need to rethink of the lead a bit now.

how much accuracy does your team gain from Victini's Victory star Abilty? and does the ability activate automatically at the beginning of battle or does Victy have to come out first?
1) It's 10%.
2) I was under the impression that your other pokemon only got the boost if they were out at the same time (doubles & triples). So, I do nit know the answer for sure.

I'm still a nooblet here, but one thing I hear now is that Explosion has a hard time one-shotting things now, since the damage got nerfed(it no longer halves.) plus, a Whimsicott witch Prankster and Taunt can shut him down cold. so you might need to rethink of the lead a bit now.
This. Explosion was nerfed. Prankster Whimsicott is a better lead taunter. Don't under estimate rocks and spikes. With SR not as a TM, gen 4 breeding will occur to bring to gen 5 to breed SR onto pokemon (game freak made a way to keep gen 4 alive for awhile, especially with the HGSS move tutors). Not to mention that Ferrothorn is a pro hazard user.

It's 10%, and I think it's only in effect when Victini is on the field, applying to himself and in multiples his partners. So I don't think you could really build a team relying on Victory Star; it really helps Fire Blast and Hydro Pump, but Thunder, Focus Blast and Blizzard still remain somewhat inaccurate, and it's nothing like enough of a boost to abuse DynamicPunch or Inferno with.

cosmicexplorer, cantab:

I did some tests, and I found that Victory Star will raise the accuracy of attacks, even if another Pokemon other than a Victini has Victory Star and even if a Victini is not active in battle. (In that respect, Victory Star is hardly different from Compoundeyes.) Moreover, Victory Star is cumulative if more than one Pokemon on the same side (Victini or not) has Victory Star.

Just throwing around some team ideas, since I heard this was the place for that.

-Deoxys-S

One of the best leads around, I would like entry hards up since Azumarill forces quite a bit of switches. If you have a better suggestion for a lead, please suggest one.

-Politoed

Politoed sets up rain, and being a scarf varait can rip hole through teams. Although I am up for a defensive variant if needed.

-Azumarill

In the rain, it just rapes. Problem is I already used 3 slots, 2 of which have the same type. Its hard to come back from that. And thats there the rest of my team comes. I think I need help here the most.

-Magnezone/Ferrothorn

Something to take electric and grass attacks. Magnezone is great to take down ferrothorns, but hidden power fire in the rain is iffy. Ferrothorn is a solid defensive type if needed. I tryied some grass types here and they did not work well at all.

-Weezing or Gengar or Crobat

Hilarious they all do that same thing, take ground and fighting hits for Magnezone/ferrothorn. I am leaning move on Weezing to be honest, since Gengar is meh is then gen. And Crobat seems gimmicky.

-No clue

For this last slot I am kinda lost. I want to have another sweeper here but usually they outright fail with onl 2 pokemon behind there back defending. In the past I have tried Tornados and Latias with little success. I want to add another defense pokemon here but have no clue about it.

To be honest I am not sure at all about the last 3 pokemon. Suggestions for them are greatly appreciated.

I don't think this is the right thread for teams, seeing as how that's not a simple question. I offer you this advice:
Golbat + Eviolite = Wall
HP Fire in rain on things 4x weak = 240% (.6 *4) = 168 (assuming max damage HP)
HP Fire in rain on 2x weak = 120% = 84
HP Fighting (SE on thorn, if he is your main concern) in rain on 2x weak = 200% = 140
Magnezone does not resist water, so you're boosting your opponent's water attacks to kill magnezone (like a dragon with a water and fire attack).

Advice #3 Build a team, play on PO, figure out what is working and what isn't, fix said team, play more, fix, play more, fix and/or pos it in Rate my team at this point (not before) and give descriptions on what you think works, what you want to improve, but don't know how, how the team does overall.

If my Scolipede uses Defense Curl and Baton Passes it to Shuckle, will Shuckle's Rollout get the attack bonus that Defense Curl usually provides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)