Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok wtf I am not asking about hack checks so stop blumin deletin all my posts.
All I am asking is, do you get your pokemon from trade threads like these ones on Smogon, where the pokemon on there happen to be cloned?

Does anyone have a good damage calculator for 5th gen? I need it to figure out how many EVs to invest into a certain Pokemon so it will survive a certain move :/ But I can't find a damage calculator for 5th gen.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All I am asking is, do you get your pokemon from trade threads like these ones on Smogon, where the pokemon on there happen to be cloned?
I caught/bred all of mine myself, except for Tornadus which I got from a good friend. I don't trust other people's Pokémon, cloned or not.
Does anyone have a good damage calculator for 5th gen? I need it to figure out how many EVs to invest into a certain Pokemon so it will survive a certain move :/ But I can't find a damage calculator for 5th gen.
The one I used: http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
lol, you said "blumin"

Lots of people use clones.

can a user of me first target target your ally in doubles on a retail cart?
example i have a accelgor with me first and a chandera with shadow ball. can i have accelgor target my chandera so it can me first shadow ball???

thanks alot guys

I didn't see Conkeldurr much in Seattle or San Jose... is he still worth a spot on the "main 4," or has the overabundance of genies hurt him that much?

Here's what I was planning on doing with him (pretty standard):

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Rock Slide
-Detect

Someone suggested that I consider investing some EVs in Special Defense since Conkeldurr can already take physical hits well. What is your opinion on this?

can a user of me first target target your ally in doubles on a retail cart?
example i have a accelgor with me first and a chandera with shadow ball. can i have accelgor target my chandera so it can me first shadow ball???

thanks alot guys

Edit Just tested with a friend. apparently you cant target your ally pokemon with me first in doubles. What a shame as that would of been amazing

I have yet to train a team of 5th gen pokemon, so I was wondering where I could find a list and maybe some analyses of what's viable for this VGC tournament?

Would y'all recommend a Timid/Jolly Whimsicott for VGC b/c of the 2 genies? I have a bold but I'm thinking of re-breeding.
Definitely rebuild it. Timid is the best nature for it. Allows it to outspeed all the genies and launch a Taunt + Tailwind towards them.

Thanks guys...re-breeding now. :)

I've had the moveset:
Leech Seed
Encore
Protect
Tailwind

I've been practicing deferent strategies on the Battle Subway (I know...bad me). Would y'all recommend replacing protect with taunt? What I've usually done is let the opponent attempt to set up and just encore the set up move.

I don not know how much this question has been answered but...
What is a reasonable lead combination that does well against beat up whimsicott and terrakion?

Not a lead but you could try Sash Terrakion, they can't KO you and unless you lose the speed tie and get flinched, you KO them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)