Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I took an interesting note at lugia because i had never actually tried using it before do to the offensive nature of my team. After testing him out, he did a lot more then the latias that was currently occupying that spot. Lugia has helped my team a lot and my team does not seem to mind waterspout from kyogre after i get it to switch out once or twice.

I am currently at 1500 cre and rising =D thanks guys for your suggestions! I'll get back to laddering after dinner so hopefully ill get higher!

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I took an interesting note at lugia because i had never actually tried using it before do to the offensive nature of my team. After testing him out, he did a lot more then the latias that was currently occupying that spot. Lugia has helped my team a lot and my team does not seem to mind waterspout from kyogre after i get it to switch out once or twice.
If you have more offensive team and you're afraid that your Lugia may be too defensive, she has two offensive sets in her Smogon analyses named 'Special Attacker' and 'Offensive Calm Mind'. As defensive versions most of times are just a deadweights on offensive Ubers teams.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A Choice Specs Kyogre with 252 HP will not die to Earthquake as long as Spikes aren't down, and can OHKO with Surf.
To expand on this, any bulky Kyogre set (Boosting Tank/Tank set) can take an EQ and OHKO back with Surf

I do not know if this has been addressed before, but how do you beat Baton Pass teams? I find impossible to break through the standard Baton Pass Mew under Screens or potenially Memento, thanks in advance.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I usually handle Dual Screens Mew by letting something take an Explosion of something like that, bring in Mewtwo and Taunt Mew's sorry ass. Then I proceed to CM up and 5-0 their entire team, pretty much.

Also, Exploding on the switch-in is not a bad idea either. Say: Mew used Baton Pass. Player switched in Rayquaza. Forretress used Explosion and does at least 70%. Now bring in Scizor or something.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I do not know if this has been addressed before, but how do you beat Baton Pass teams? I find impossible to break through the standard Baton Pass Mew under Screens or potenially Memento, thanks in advance.
Baton Pass Mew is extremely hard to beat, but there are a few things you can do:

#1: Have a Brick Break user with powerful attacks. Rayquaza and Scizor are good examples of this.

#2: Specs Kyogre. With Choice Specs, Kyogre can 2HKO Mew, even when its behind screens, and the switch in most certainly won't like it either.

#3: Suprise. Use something that doesn't often carry roar. Kyogre can be a good example of this, Mew will often not Taunt, expecting an attack, and get blown away.

#4: Pokemon with Explosion and priority attacks can help, as well as entry hazards / Toxic Spikes to weaken BP recipients.

Baton Pass Mew is extremely hard to handle, but if you keep your offensive tempo up, an opponent will sometimes be hard pressed to setup their screens and boosts.

You could also force a BP and then phaze like using lugia or try set up a sub beforehand on something that doesn't often sub.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If Baton Pass teams really piss you off, you can also run taunt on Deoxys Mew or Mewtwo
Well, not really, because Mew often runs Taunt to stop your Taunts, you can try to Taunt the Screener, but thats often Mewtwo, who carries Taunt too.

Aerodactyl works well too, if it can survive long enough.
Sorry, but Aerodactyl isn't really that good in Ubers if you are struggling, and I wouldn't suggest using it for countering BP Mew...

Is it mandatory to have a steel on your team? I was thinking of using blissey in place of a steel but I don't feel it as a good change. But Blissey offers a lot of support for a lot of teams.

firecape

This is the end...
Is it mandatory to have a steel on your team? I was thinking of using blissey in place of a steel but I don't feel it as a good change. But Blissey offers a lot of support for a lot of teams.
Even if you have Blissey, it still is a really good idea to have a Steel-type on your team to absorb Outrages, but Blissey can handle special Dragon threats

Also note that it is more a dragon resist, not a steel as dialga doesn't count. However, if you don't have a dragon resist, you'll almost have to sacrifice something to take a DM or outrage.

shrang

General Kenobi
You don't ALWAYS have to have a Dragon resist, it is just recommended that you do. I mean, if you have something like a Blissey/Lugia core, you pretty much have more Outrage/Draco Meteor covered. This doesn't always work, but it can be enough for you to win a good portion of games.

Also, you don't need a Dragon resist if your team is so offensive that you piss on Dragons anyway. These teams are quite rare, and cannot think off the top of my head what such a team would be like, but yeah, you get my drift.

Why does Arceus have an analysis, and is mentioned as a counter to Deoxys-A (among other things) if we can't even use it?

We can't use it on Shoddy, but I believe there is some other battle simulator online (something like PO, not sure what it stands for) that do allow it. Not sure if they have EV limits, but all of it's sets on here are more speculation/hope that it will eventually be released at a level where it can be EVed properly.

EDIT: Thanks firecape01.

firecape

This is the end...
To clear up some of what the previous poster said:

The server is called "Pokemon Online" and it has Arceus implimented with EV limit and all, and it is useable then.

The analysis that mention Arceus as a counter/teammate/ at all are in need of an update for the most part

Lastly, Arceus itself is getting a major revamp, the current analysis is being scrapped for the most part, and 17 analysis for all the individual types will be put up once they are complete

shrang

General Kenobi
If I remember correctly (I'm probably wrong) Arceus was allowed into the metagame but was banned because it wasn't legit.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does that mean we have to adapt a new metagame? Or will arceus still be techincally banned?
Once it's implemented I'm sure we'll have a new Uber metagame with Arceus included. Analysis for the various types are being drafted as we speak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)