SS OU AV Sheeshking Bulky Offense

Hello, this is my first RMT in several years. I'm not an amazing player by any means. Playing a decent amount for the first time in a while and I have found myself with a team that I like a bit. Currently playing with it around 1600.

shEEshking (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 156 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

16 def EVs let slowking hit a nice 200 in def. 96 SpD let it hit 420 in SpD. 240 HP let it hit a nice 391 in HP, while the 156 SPA with a modest nature let Slowking hit some things relatively hard with coverage moves, like corv and ferro with fire blast. 95 SpD let Slowking hit the sacred 420 in SpD with Assault Vest and it can sponge hits from many special attackers and hit back hard if need be. The decent overall natural bulk (not to mention the 200 def stat) let Slowking pivot a lot and really works well in tandem with Torn. (I have had may matches rely on switching between Torn and Slowking (clef support sometimes). Can really threaten heatran and also volcarona if they don't have too many Quiver dances up (and/or roost)

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Clef can check a myriad of physical attackers in the tier and switch in on threats such as Weavile, damaging with rocky helmet (Urshifu takes a lot if it wants to hit with surging strikes). Unaware lets it check boosters (Cloyster from full most of the time, but king's rock will make you lose some games), while calm mind lets you have a secret win condition. Heal bell also can come in handy to remove a toxic or burn preventing others from sweeping. The speed lets it hit 161, so it will probably outspeed most other clef, as well as other base 60s and lower (no speed bisharp, magnezone, azu, etc.)

shEEsh (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is scarf lando to basically check a lot of things in the tier. Basically anything Lando can outspeed is checked here. Hits 304 without the scarf, so it can beat non-scarf/sand rush exca outside of sand. Click knock off a lot if you aren't sure what the opponeent is going to do, and you can often get rid of some useful items. Also checks a lot of physical threats with intimidate.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot

A bulky attacking sweeping rock setting Garchomp. This garchomp is doing a lot. It has bulk to take some physical hits, while also having some attack and speed to sweep. Helmet and skin can decimate Urshifu. Speed lets Chomp outpace any Excadrill outside of sand or scarf. SD and Scale shot can lead to Garchomp sweeps, especially if you can predict switches into Zapdos and/or Lando.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Another bulky attacker for the team. Torn can defog hazards and also come out to sponge hits/dish hits at times. Forms a solid core with Slowking to regen quite often against Rillaboom/(whatever smacks slowking). Nasty plot and hurricane/focus blast lets torn potentially muscle past/sweep against things like Heatran, Blissey, Ferro, etc. (Blissey usually only if other things are dead/focus blast has all pp). Honestly, I sometimes defog just so I can hit Hurricane and Focus Blast.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

This is a Bulky volcarona set that I copied (do not remember what it does rn, might be a better spread atm tbh). It can avoid a lot of 2hkos and switches in on most rillaboom easily. Flamethrower and Bug Buzz let this Volcarona sweep through most things after the rest of the team successfully chips down the rest of the team. Roost and Quiver dance allow volc to set up the sweep under ideal circumstances late game. Roost alone lets volc stay healthy under strategic situations.

I feel like Slowking has a heavy burden with handling special attackers, and Landorus often is super important for speedier foes.

Trick room teams can also be problematic at times (sometimes you just gotta give it up tho). Aegislash also a big threat.

Would like to hear any suggestions to strengthen the team.

Click here for the importable.

Last edited:
Hi congratulations on getting into the 1600s and your team is pretty great. However the one thing that strikes me is you don't have any checks to fairies considering the fact that there is going to be one or two fairies in everyone's team. What I have noticed is that tornadus-t isn't really that good for breaking stall or as a sweeper because of its moves. They are so inaccurate that they are going to be a guaranteed miss for moves that will win you the game. Furthermore, rillaboom isn't that much a problem considering the fact that you have bulky clef, volcarona and sometimes Lando to counter it. It's type matchups overlaps with your team and rillaboom can still do massive damage with banded grassy glides and wood hammers. Therefore, I suggest you to use kartana instead of tornadus t as a late game cleaner with choice scarf or just be a wallbreaker with band. It synergizes excellently with your team as it helps to counter rain(slowking most prob gets 2hkoed by barras liquidation) and a great fairy check too. It is also a great defogger and is superb overall. Again, this is my suggestion and if you feel it is not needed, no probs. Your team is really good without this problem too. Good luck with your team

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)