SM OU Azumarill Aggro team (Help Needed, Feedback very much appreciated)

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability:Huge Power
EVs:252 Atk / 4 Spe / 252 HP
Nature:Adamant
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Knock Off

I chose this mon to build around as I was using it in a different rain team and decided it was fun and annoying enough for the opponent if I played correctly, the use of belly drum really makes for an insane source of damage once its counters have been cleared. I chose 252 HP over speed as Azumarill isn't fast in the first place.

Klefki @ Air Balloon
Ability:Prankster
EVs:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Recycle
-Foul Play

I wanted to go with a dual screener and thought Klefki was the best for this, I chose air balloon so that it could avoid ground types as much as possible, hence the reason for recycle as well. I built it bulkier in order to help survive some of those harder hitting mons.

Charizard X @ Charizardite X
Ability:Tough Claws
EVs:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature:Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

A great pal imo, good to be paired with Azumarill as it takes out some of its grass-type counters, I chose the dragon dance set as I would be relying on the dual screens to help it set up as well as stealth rocks.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability:Electric Surge
EVs:252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice
-Defog

Tapu Koko is here to help out with some of the water types that may threaten Charizard X, it is fast and can also act as a pivot in order to keep momentum. I was stuck between choosing HP Ice and grass knot but atm I'm running HP Ice.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
EVs:252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Nature:Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ice
-U-Turn

Landorus-T is insanely helpful at the start of the match and helps get up stealth rocks and can act as a pivot to get straight out into klefki to allow the screens to be put up. I chose it to also help weaken some of Azumarill's threats such as Venasaur, I don't really know any other better defensive pivots other than this one that would work here.

Tornadus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability:Regenerator
EVs:252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Hurricane
-Knock Off
-U-Turn
-Defog

Tornadus is here to also help weaken down some of the bulkier grass types that may threaten the rest of the team and Azumarill especially. I kept defog on Tornadus just in case Koko was fainted or couldn't be switched in at this point.

Help is very much appreciated as I am not really too sure if this set is the best it can possibly be, I did think about switching mons out for Latios M but I was not too sure.

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Hey!

I like the fact you're trying to use Azumarill, I love that mon! Lets try to improve the team!

Landorus-Therian Bulky Leftovers ---> Landorus-Therian Rocks Suicide Lead:
Generally screens are on a Hyper Offense team and I think that's the best playstyle for screens so, I changed your bulky Landorus to a more traditional Stealth Rocks Suicide Lead.

Klefki ---> Magearna
A different Steel/Fairy, Magearna benefits from Dual Screens alot. Being able to set up Shift Gear and/or Calm Mind and not take alot from attacks is amazing.

Tapu Koko Shuca ---> Tapu Koko Screens Setter:
I chose Tapu Koko as the screen setter due to it being able to Taunt, set the Screens fast, and being able to U-Turn out into a different Pokemon. It can also be combo'd with Hawlucha for Screen protection while, setting up with Electric Seed + Unburden.

Tornadus-Therian ---> Hawlucha
Hawlucha, as I stated before, works well with Tapu Koko because of Electric Seed + Unburden. But, Hawlucha is even more deadly behind screens, being able to set up with Swords Dance + Roost if Hawlucha takes too much damage. If you can, save Hawlucha for the end-game to finish off the game with a sweep!

Well, I think I'm done, I hope I helped! Also, Azumarill benefits from screens so, if you are gonna belly drum, do it behind screens!

Hey!

I like the fact you're trying to use Azumarill, I love that mon! Lets try to improve the team!

Landorus-Therian Bulky Leftovers ---> Landorus-Therian Rocks Suicide Lead:
Generally screens are on a Hyper Offense team and I think that's the best playstyle for screens so, I changed your bulky Landorus to a more traditional Stealth Rocks Suicide Lead.

Klefki ---> Magearna
A different Steel/Fairy, Magearna benefits from Dual Screens alot. Being able to set up Shift Gear and/or Calm Mind and not take alot from attacks is amazing.

Tapu Koko Shuca ---> Tapu Koko Screens Setter:
I chose Tapu Koko as the screen setter due to it being able to Taunt, set the Screens fast, and being able to U-Turn out into a different Pokemon. It can also be combo'd with Hawlucha for Screen protection while, setting up with Electric Seed + Unburden.

Tornadus-Therian ---> Hawlucha
Hawlucha, as I stated before, works well with Tapu Koko because of Electric Seed + Unburden. But, Hawlucha is even more deadly behind screens, being able to set up with Swords Dance + Roost if Hawlucha takes too much damage. If you can, save Hawlucha for the end-game to finish off the game with a sweep!

Well, I think I'm done, I hope I helped! Also, Azumarill benefits from screens so, if you are gonna belly drum, do it behind screens!
Cheers for the info, I will give it a test, your explanations look good and I can see why you changed some of the aspects, very much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)