Balanced Hackmons Team - Baton Pass Momentum (First RMT)

Hello world,

Although far from my first team, this is my first RMT.

Now, a little general information. I've built my hackmons team around baton pass, mostly using only baton pass to switch between pokemon, allowing crazy stat boosts to stack up and giving my team momentum. The team is currently, 16/4, and I know I haven't played much, but I still think its pretty solid. So, here is my team:

Lead/Rapid Spinner/Magic Bounce Pivot

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Acupressure
-Baton Pass

Registeel here is my lead, and a damn good one. With magic bounce, it can easily handle other entry hazard leads, as well as set up its own rocks. If its rocks gets bounced by an opposing magic bouncer, it can easily rapid spin them out.

Then, it proceeds to boost up with acupressure, and acquire as many boosts as possible until it is in danger of being killed, where it baton passes out. And all the while, it can easily soak up hits, with its titanic defense stats. Finally, with magic bounce, it cannot be taunted or interrupted in any way when it sets up.

After its initial lead, Regi acts as a very effective pivot, reflecting back problematic moves like spore.

Main Contrary Mixed Attacker

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
-V-Create
-Draco Meteor
-Recover
-Baton Pass

Reshiram here, my main attacker, is a beast. With contrary + V-Create and Draco Meteor, Reshiram easily racks up huge stat boosts while decimating any opposition. With the defense boosts from V-Create, almost nothing can even 2HKO it. When facing something problematic, it simply baton passes out, retaining all of its boosts.

Unaware Wall/Imposter Counter/Defensive Pivot

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
-Spore
-Topsy-Turvy
-Recover
-Baton Pass

While it my not seem like it, Carbink here has the ability to change turn the tide of a battle. He functions as an amazing pivot, switiching in to take a hit from a boosted sweeper, topsy-turvy their boosts around, and switching back out into a sweeper, while retaining all boosts. Because of him, I don't have to fear getting set up, and can easily ruin dozens of turns of setup thanks to topsy-turvy.

Furthermore, he acts like a counter for imposter Blissey. He is one of three pokemon who resists Reshiram's dual STABs, and because of unaware and his high defenses, he can easily take hits, then proceed to disable with topsy-turvy. Spore finishes his set nicely, allowing him to cripple all non-grass type pokemon.

I do realize he is taunt weak, but usually people just attack outright instead of taunting him, without realizing he has unaware. And, by the time they do realize, they'll either be put to sleep or forced out with inverted stat changes.

Secondary Physical Sweeper

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
-Facade
-Shadow Claw
-Spore
-Baton Pass

Slaking here serves as my secondary attacker, although he rarely is needed. Facade with toxic orb and poison heal allows him access to a 140 power STAB move off of a monstrous 160 base attack stat, while providing great healing. Shadow claw nails ghost types that are immune to facade. Again, after encountering something I can't muscle past, I baton pass out.

Spore can easily deal with Imposter, putting them to sleep while avoiding sleep himself.

Support

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Calm Nature
-Gastro Acid
-Whirlwind
-Recover
-Baton Pass

Although not used much, he does his job well. Magic bouncer reflecting my moves? Unaware wall tanking damage? Mold breaker attacker nailing Carbink? Well, not anymore, thanks to Registeel's Gastro Acid. Mold Breaker allows him to nullify magic bounce users.

Whirlwind allows him to shuffle around different pokemon to nullify multiple abilities.

Tertiary Special Sweeper

Arceus-Flying @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
-Oblivion Wing
-Boomburst
-Earth Power
-Baton Pass

Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure what to do for my last slot, so I did a Arceus bluff impostering as Arceus-Flying. Basically, I needed the following:

A) A strong priority user - my team has no other means of priority
B) A sound move to hit past substitutes, in this case Boomburst - I had trouble once with a prankster SubSeed set, and I do anticipate substitute troubles in the future.
C) A Shedninja counter - rather self-explanatory

Although he doesn't get the STAB for oblivion wing, priority oblivion wing is still a solid priority move that has a bonus of HP restoration. Furthermore, STAB Boomburst just hits very hard in general, and Earth Power hits Rock, Steel, and Electric types who try to switch into Arceus, thinking he's Flying type.

The Flying type buff works relatively well, and works to fool most players at least once. But, I'm not too sure on this choice. Any other replacement suggestions would be welcome.

Counters:

-Any negative pseudo-status condition, like confusion, perish song, leech seed etc. as they get passed along from Baton Pass
-Hyper offense teams, as my team usually takes a while to gain momentum, and if someone immediately hits me strong attacks, it most likely won't go too well.
-Topsy-Turvy, as you can imagine.
-Unaware attackers, although rare, can easily get past my defense stat boosts. I haven't encountered any offensively aligned unaware users, but I imagine they do exist.

Code:
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Acupressure
- Baton Pass

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Baton Pass

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Spore
- Shadow Claw
- Baton Pass

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Calm Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Flying @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Baton Pass

So, there you have it! Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Gen VI BH, but in Gen V most Unaware walls ran Perish Song, as the only sure-fire way of phazing the opponent out (Whirlwind loses to Magic Bounce/Coat, Dragon Tail loses to Substitute). This situation will only have gotten worse now Fairies with Magic Bounce can be immune to Whirlwind and Dragon Tail at the same time. For that reason I'm not sure full Baton Pass is viable: certainly not without an offensive Mold Breaker user.

Other smaller things:
I'm not sure that Lugia is the best choice for a Rapid Spinner when it is both weak to SR and weak to spinblockers.
Registeel running Mold Breaker and Gastro Acid seems redundant.
Beware running Heal Bell: with a Poison Heal user and Knock Off everywhere, you could easily find yourself curing Slaking's poison after it's lost its Toxic Orb.
You also look really Imposter weak. I'd recommend Spore on Slaking as a way around this (you can sleep an Imposter but they can't sleep you because of Poison Heal).

I'm not familiar with Gen VI BH, but in Gen V most Unaware walls ran Perish Song, as the only sure-fire way of phazing the opponent out (Whirlwind loses to Magic Bounce/Coat, Dragon Tail loses to Substitute). This situation will only have gotten worse now Fairies with Magic Bounce can be immune to Whirlwind and Dragon Tail at the same time. For that reason I'm not sure full Baton Pass is viable: certainly not without an offensive Mold Breaker user.

Other smaller things:
I'm not sure that Lugia is the best choice for a Rapid Spinner when it is both weak to SR and weak to spinblockers.
Registeel running Mold Breaker and Gastro Acid seems redundant.
Beware running Heal Bell: with a Poison Heal user and Knock Off everywhere, you could easily find yourself curing Slaking's poison after it's lost its Toxic Orb.
You also look really Imposter weak. I'd recommend Spore on Slaking as a way around this (you can sleep an Imposter but they can't sleep you because of Poison Heal).
Alright, I swapped Lugia's role with Registeel's, so now Registeel is my lead.

On Lugia's new support set, I replaced Heal Bell with whirlwind, as to shuffle around different pokemon after their ability has been nullified, so he can continue to do so. My reasoning behind Mold Breaker was that it can allow Gastro Acid to hit past Magic Bounce, and remove it, whereas otherwise it would just get reflected.

I also replaced Shift Gear with Spore on Slaking. Great suggestion!

And finally, you mentioned how full Baton Pass might not be viable. Yes, I can see this, but my team can still function even without using Baton Pass to switch around. The shared stat boosts are merely a bonus.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Er, you don't need to use Mold Breaker + Gastro Acid to remove Magic Bounce. Mold Breaker ignores Magic Bounce anyway!

I'm not saying drop Mold Breaker, I'm saying drop Gastro Acid.

The purpose for Gastro Acid was not to remove Magic Bounce, but to remove any troubling ability at all for the rest of my team, like Contrary, Unaware, etc. I realize that Mold Breaker ignores Magic Bounce, but I use Gastro Acid for support purposes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)