Balanced OU Team - First Team I've Built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my friends and I are getting into competitive battling, so we're building teams. But I'm looking to have my team become the best!!! So help me out as I show you what I've got!

Name: LaundryDay (Rotom-W)
Choice Scarf
Timid
~ Volt Switch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Toxic
~ Trick
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

I lead with Rotom to scout out my opponent's lead and to help out my choice-trick Pokemon basically. If I don't like my opponent's lead, I use volt switch. Trick is to ruin special walls like Blissey. Toxic is to ware my opponent's tanks down.

Name: Darwin (Infernape)
Life Orb
Naive
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ U-turn
~ Stone Edge
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

My infernape is a mixed attacker. If I don't like my odds, or overheat/close combat reduce my stats, I u-turn out of there.

Name: Latinos (Latios)
Choice Specs
Timid
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Trick
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

My other Choice-Trick Pokemon. He's also a great special sweeper. Surf is for people expecting a Draco meteor while sending out something like Tyranitar.

Name: U.F.O. (Ferrothorn)
Leftovers
Relaxed
~ Spikes
~ Explosion
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

Say hello to my great wall. It takes a lot to take down my Ferrothorn. I also take the opportunity to use spikes on my opponent. And if you try and come close, I have explosion waiting for ya!!!

Name: K.Ghidorah (Hydreigon)
Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Focus Blast
~ Fire Blast
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Just one of my favorite sweepers. After ev training mine had 368 SpA. So proud :D

Name: Mammyswine (Mamoswine)
Life Orb
Snow Cloak
Adamant
~ Ice Shard
~ Icicle Crash
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Physical attacker. Can take down some of the toughest walls.

Well guys, that's my team. I'm new to all of this, so please help guide me through! Thanks.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
First of all I would like to welcome you to Smogon. This is a great place to hone your skills and learn more about Pokemon. Your team is all right for a beginner, but it would help if you included more commentary, and a threat list. There also seems to be an issue with the pictures you posted. You may want to check out the RMT rules for more information on how to find better photos of your Pokemon. Great examples of teams can be found in the RMT archive, and the Battling 101 forum can pair you up with a tutor to help you improve your skills as a battler and to integrate you with the community.

A few quick suggestions for your team- I would suggest dropping Toxic on your Rotom-W and replacing it with Hidden Power Fire in order to deal with Scizor. Rotom-W is a great Scizor check, and can help against the Choice Band and SD sets. I would also suggest replacing Explosion on Ferrothorn with Stealth Rocks to give your team an entry hazard that will hit all opposing poke's. Drop Trick on Latios you don't need it with Rotom-W also providing Trick support. I suggest replacing it with Hidden Power Fire to hit incoming Scizor and Ferrothron who otherwise wall that set.

Your team also has a bit of a Fighting weakness. Mamoswine is also not the best choice for this particular team. You do however, need a revenge killer for threats like Dragon Dancers, Latios and Terrakion. Try adding Scizor in order to better deal with fast threats like these and to provide better synergy with Latios and Hydregion.

I suggest this set:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

First of all I would like to welcome you to Smogon. This is a great place to hone your skills and learn more about Pokemon. Your team is all right for a beginner, but it would help if you included more commentary, and a threat list. There also seems to be an issue with the pictures you posted. You may want to check out the RMT rules for more information on how to find better photos of your Pokemon. Great examples of teams can be found in the RMT archive, and the Battling 101 forum can pair you up with a tutor to help you improve your skills as a battler and to integrate you with the community.

A few quick suggestions for your team- I would suggest dropping Toxic on your Rotom-W and replacing it with Hidden Power Fire in order to deal with Scizor. Rotom-W is a great Scizor check, and can help against the Choice Band and SD sets. I would also suggest replacing Explosion on Ferrothorn with Stealth Rocks to give your team an entry hazard that will hit all opposing poke's. Drop Trick on Latios you don't need it with Rotom-W also providing Trick support. I suggest replacing it with Hidden Power Fire to hit incoming Scizor and Ferrothron who otherwise wall that set.

Your team also has a bit of a Fighting weakness. Mamoswine is also not the best choice for this particular team. You do however, need a revenge killer for threats like Dragon Dancers, Latios and Terrakion. Try adding Scizor in order to better deal with fast threats like these and to provide better synergy with Latios and Hydregion.

I suggest this set:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit
Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your advice and help!

I suggest this set:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit
funny thing, I have a scizor just like that i'm trying to replace for better dealing with sunny day teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)