BARON'S 6

I've put quite a bit of time into this team and several of these movesets may appear quite odd, but actually work very, very well. It's a single-battle team, but let's talk through this in pairs:

Set 1

Roserade 200 HP/252 SPEED/58 SPDEF
Timid/Natural Cure
@Wide Lens
>Sleep Powder
>Substitute
>Leech Seed
>Toxic Spikes

Weird, huh? Well, the point here is to accurately and quickly induce sleep, sub-seed, then set up toxic spikes for poke#2. Taunt could be an issue here, but not many people suspect Roserade for support moves besides Sleep Powder.

Steelix 252 HP/120 ATT/136 DEF
Impish/Sturdy
@Cutsap Berry
>Endure
>Stealth Rock
>Roar
>Explosion

Here's my signature Steelix - one of my favorite pokes ever. He sets up Stealth Rock and Roars away until a special water/fire sweeper comes in for the kill. Then, simply Endure to activate the Cutsap Berry on the following turn and bombs away! Between the Toxic Spikes from Roserade and the Stealth Rock from this guy, some major hurt is put on opposing switches.

Set 2

Gliscor 252 HP/252 DEF/6 ATT
Impish/Sand Veil
@Leftovers
>Earthquake
>Roost
>Agility
>Baton Pass

The two pokemon in this set form one of my favorite defensive combos. Gliscor has been tweaked a bit than what I usually use him for, but he BPasses to the next guy quite well...

Empoleon 252 ATT/252 SPEED/6 HP
Adamant/Torrent
@Life Orb
>Swords Dance
>Waterfall
>Earthquake
>Drill Peck

Here we go...This emperor is an absolute beast when passed an Agility from Gliscor and Swords Dances himself. The best part about this duo is how each resists the other's weaknesses completely! Gliscor is weak to water and ice, which Empoleon absorbs with a smile. Empoleon is weak to electric, fighting, and ground - two don't even affect Gliscor, while fighting merely taps his defenses. Truly an awesome duo used defensively, or offensively in this case.

Set 3

Dewgong 252 HP/252 SP DEF/6 ATT
Calm/Hydration
@Damp Rock
>Rest
>Surf
>Rain Dance
>Ice Shard

Dingdong does his job well. He is a wonderful sponge for water and ice attacks thrown at the first few pokemon and his ability works great. Pretty standard set, but sets up the rain from which half of my team uses effectively.

Kingdra 252 SP ATT/252 SPEED/6 HP
Modest/Swift Swim
@Choice Specs
>Hydro Pump
>Draco Meteor
>Ice Beam
>Hidden Power Electric

How can you not love Kingdra? In the rain, this thing flies and when it's holding choice specs, watch out! Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor are devastating and Ice Beam takes out the other dragons. HP electric is useful for Gyaras and other waters.

That's it - any helpful comments are welcome!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most common boltbeamers could pose a serious threat to this team. Starmie being the most common. She can take out 4 pokes with IB/Thunderbolt. And can take Steelix out with Surf. You may want to throw in a poke like snorlax, he can abosob the hits if dewgong doesn't work out.

i have to say, this is a very nice team and you obviously know what your doing
just a few things, why on earth did you give roserade wise glasses when it has no attacks? i would prob go with lefties for the ultimate recovery with leech seed which will really help out w/ the subs.
also, if i were you, i would consider thick fat for dewgy as your using it as a sponge and with thick fat, it can switch in on fire and ice predictions heading for roserade or gliscor and set up raind dance or shard the fire blasting dragon.

also, nice thinking on the pysical empoleon. i feel special has better coverage w/ ice beam/flash cannon, but sometimes the element of surprise is the sweetest nector of all

Seeing as how the team appears to work for you, I'm just going to do a little nitpicking.

For one, on Empoleon, I'd rather have Aqua Jet over Earthquake. What are you really going to Earthquake? Electivire who might end up fucking you with Bolt/Tpunch? Raikou who does the same? Heatran who you can Waterfall? You're better off with Aqua Jet IMO for the revenge killing Infernapes or ScarfHeatrans if you don't want to take a hit. It could be useful for other lowhealthed Pokes as well such or weak shit such as Weavile, Azelf and a weakened Garchomp.

I'd also much rather put on an attacking move over Substitute or Leech Seed on Roserade. The chances of you pulling off -that- many support moves is slim, and when you do get that chance, you're going to be wanting to hit something. I mean, what kind of grass Pokes gets walled by a SLEEPING Tyranitar, for example. Grass Knot will be useful at the very least.

As for Steelix, Endure is a waste of a spot as well. It almost needs Earthquake. Having Explosion as your only move is not you know, ideal. The best way to utilitize the Custap, is play around with the damage percentages. Know what moves do what amount, what way you can switch in when you're sure to survive low health.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone...

I agree that boltbeamers can be quite annoying - even with great prediction. I like kr3wbro428's idea of a Snorlax and I'm open to switch Dewgong for it. Here's the deal - I'm having trouble coming up for a good moveset for Snorlax that includes Rain Dance for essential team support... If anyone has suggestions for a Snorlax moveset/EVs that includes Rain Dance, please share...
One thought that crossed my mind was a Lanturn as a Boltbeam counter. It resists Starmie completely and absorbs any electricity thrown at my other pokes. Max out its HP and sp def and let it serve as a raindancer instead. Personally, I would like to stick w/ Snorlax even though Lanturn's type/ability works wonders (but its stats suck)...

Having an attacking move on Roserade could prove useful in certain situations and if I were to switch something, it would be Leech Seed for Leaf Storm.

I had Aqua Jet originally on Empoleon, but I changed it when I started to use Gliscor as an Agilipasser. I do see your point with priority attacking/revenge kills and I'm definitely considering going back to the original.

Steelix doesn't change. It kicks ass.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm with MoP when it comes to Endure being a bad idea on Steelix. It might work for a while when Custap is released, but eventually people are going to know what to expect when Steelix uses Endure and no Berry activates immediately. Like he says, you're better off controlling damage through skillful switching. The fact that it frees up a slot for a move like Earthquake or Gyro Ball makes it all the more important.

Also, this is not specific to your Roserade, but Pokémon that drain HP from opponents with moves like Leech Seed should generally put EVs into Defense and Special Defense rather than HP. For instance, let's say you were to take your 200 EVs out of HP, put 76 in Defense and 124 in Special Defense. You take about 5% more damage from attacks, but you gain 18.5% more HP from Leech Seed.

More specifically, I'd also recommend at least one attack on Roserade. If you replace Leech Seed, you could go with Leaf Storm. If you replace Substitute, try Giga Drain. Grass Knot would also be fine for either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)