Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show your threads breeds are worth your battling skills!

Yes that is the main purpose of this tournament. There has not been an actual organized WiFi tournament in Smogon since I dunno when, yet the WiFi sub-forum brims with so much life and energy, that seeing a single thread on the first page for more than 3 hours means your Smogon name is Anti. This will be a series of FOUR tournament run throughout the year, with a grand finale sometime over Winter I guess, depends on how succesful these things go.

The "Battle Me" thread RARELY features any real good battlers recognized from Smogon, it's mostly new users who use their PokeSav'd Wish Blisseys and frankly I'm tired of that, hence this tournament.

The people whom I have talked to about this idea seem to think you can only use Pokemon in your thread, but no that's incorret, you can use ANY Pokemon, as long as it isn't hacked, that you have bred or obtained in trades or giveaways. The point of this is to show off all the amazing Pokemon you have obtained and are sitting in your boxes waiting to shine.

There is a single special rule about this tournament. There are 18 special guests invited to the tournament, whom have a seat reserved if they choose to join, and the other seats are up for grabs, but one condition to enter the tournament is to have a currently active decent trade thread. I will evaluate these on a case by case basis, and yes it will be solely up to me to decide if you are able to participate or not, so if you don't like that then do not post.

The list of invitees includes:

Anti
Miltonic
DawnBringer
Scruffy
forbidden
Davy
negator
Mr.Goodbar
the Lexx
Expert Evan
kingbattlus
Triggz
Mini Guerra
stefywefy
Gin
Frosty
Thomaz
Tangerine

PM's will be sent to these people.

Please do not be offended if you're not on the list. That's 18 spots reserved, plus one for me. Depending on the amount of submissions to play, I may extend this from 32 to 48 people or even 64 but not likely. This will be run as a Pokemon TCG tournament, with Swiss Rounds and then a cut to Top 8 (or Top 16 if 48/64 players).

The deadline for registration is Sunday late night, so that First Round pairings are posted then.

WARNING! - Whoever DOESN'T complete a match, and didn't contact me with a very VERY valid reason as to why not, will be blacklisted from this Tournament Series and WILL NOT be allowed to apply again, so keep this in mind before applying to enter in case you have a busy schedule or whatnot. There will be a tournament Series over the summer for sure, so maybe it'll be better for some people to register then, just think it through but you have been warned, and no exceptions. This includes every single invitee as well.

Now, the rules of the tournament before I go on to explain the sweet prizes ;).

The format of course is OU standard.

Rules:
-WiFi battles, Level 100 modifier only.
-ITEM Clause (makes battles a bit less tedious and adds diversity)
-SPECIES Clause
-EVASION + HAX ITEMS Clause
-OHKO moves Clause
-SELF-KO Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Players MAY change their team between rounds
-ABSOLUTELY NO team talk anywhere --> automatic DQ
-Wobbuffet AND Deoxys-E are NOT allowed for this tournament.

Disconnects:

These will be handled on a case by case basis, but hopefully they wont occurr much. Until they do I will not comment on how they will be handled but I will need BOTH players to contact me about it, and please no negative nancy attitues towards one another, sometimes disconnects just happen and there's no way around that.

It is recommended you have and use AIM/MSN to contact your opponent. But not mandatory.

IMPORTANT! I highly encourage taking notes/recording matches, NOT to be shown to anyone until the tournament has come to an end, but to promote showing off some close battles that were had throughout the course of the tournament. Of course this isn't mandatory just encouraged for the 'fun' aspect of the tournament.

PRIZES!

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

Become a Star-ly Tournament:
1st place:

Hasty
HP: 15
Attack: 31
Defense: 16
Sp. Attack: 12
Sp. Defense: 2
Speed: 31

1 Pokemon/store credit from my trade thread, excluding the Pikachu TCGWC.

2nd place:
Any combintaion of 2 Pokemon/store credits from my trade thread, excluding the Pikachu TCGWC.

Top 4:
Any single Pokemon/store credit from my trade thread, excluding the Pikachu TCGWC.

If any of the participants want to donate Pokemon to add tot he prize pool that's fine, and could be awarded for sportsmanship, or even raffled, up to the donator and myself I guess, but the ones listed so far are guaranteed. These prizes will remain the same throughout the 4 tournaments, except the donated Pokemon which will certainly vary among competitions (there could be none at all).

Extra prizes, thanks go to the donators:

Sunday - From his trade thread:

Nature: Timid
Ability: Thick Fat
IVs: 21 / 22 / 28 / 23 / 14 / 15
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Moves: Substitute / Calm Mind / Psychic / Hidden Power
Description: Hidden Power Bug 66!
If you don't know how much that freaking rocks out loud for a shiny I chained myself then this isn't the Grumpig for you. Oh, did I mention it's the only HP [Bug] Grumpig on Smogon? ^____^ I want to trade a few of these named SpiderPig so say if you want it not nicknamed yeah?
^^Will be given out in the following way: Random number drawing, where each participants number is the one show below, but can only be awarded to those who didn't make the Top Cut after the Rounds were completed AND to people who did not drop out of the tournament before the last round.

johnXkid - From his trade thread:

Grumpig
Calm
Thick Fat

29 / 23 / 22 / 30 / 28 / 24

-Icy Wind
-Seismic Toss
-Counter
^^Will be given out in the following way: Random number drawing, where each participants number is the one show below, but can only be awarded to those who didn't make the Top Cut after the Rounds were completed AND to people who did not drop out of the tournament before the last round.

bobdigsea - From his trade thread:

Lucario@lv100
Modest
31 / 8 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 31
252 spd/spatk 6 hp
Hidden Power Type is 'Ice'. Hidden Power Power is 68.
moveset-shadow ball, pyschic, flash cannon, aura sphere
^^Will be given out in the following way: Random number drawing, where each participants number is the one show below, but can only be awarded to those who did make the Top Cut after the Rounds were completed BUT didn't make it to Top 4.

TheHuntBegins - From his trade thread:

Houndour (M) *Shiny* - Level 5
Jolly Nature
Early Bird
IVs: 5 - 9 / 28 / 7 - 8 / 24 / 22 / 27
Comes with Will-o-Wisp

Mini Guerra - From her trade thread:
Azelf (Timid) lvl.50 ut (OT)

Levitate
HP: 25
ATK:31
DEF:30
SPATK: 30
SPDEF:26
SPD 26
Hidden Power: FIGHTING 69
^^Will be given out in the following way: Random number drawing, where each participants number is the one show below.

Shinryu - From his trade thread:
Butterfree, Male
Naive, 15 / 30 / 26 / 30 / 29 / 31
^^Will be given out in the following way: Awarded to the last place finisher, whom endured every round and didn't drop out before the Rounds were finished.

negator - From his trade thread:

♂ Adamant, Intimidate – 31/31/31/30/30/31 (OT)
Available with: 76 Hp, 252 Attack, 180 Speed
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Fang
^^Will be given out in the following way: Extra prize for first place finisher.

Invitees:

3 DawnBringer
4 Scruffy
5 Davy
6 negator
7 Mr Goodbar
8 forbidden
9 Expert Evan
10 kingbattlus
11 Triggz
12 Mini Guerra
14 Gin
16 Thomaz

Entrants:

18 Pablo Meza
19 Tri-DarkSouls
20 Sunday
21 R2-D2 Rules!
22 johnXkid
23 0mastar
24 munje
25 Train Man
26 BlakBlastoise
27 Garchomp17
28 Sixonesix
29 TheHuntBegins
30 Shinryu
31 bobdigsea
32 ambervoid
33 crunkking01
34 Marauder Artemis
35 SWChill
36 Noodle
37 Frokko
38 jonniewalkereal
39 jimbo422
40 ViVi
41 soma
42 Bentendo13
43 altex
44 sandman
45 strikesocom

If I missed anyone whom I confirmed please remind me!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I would most certainly like to enlist. (presuming we're allowed to say that here, OP kind of doesn't mention how to sign up) I'll donate a prize too I guess.

I would join, but I don't have enough pokes to make a good team XD (or a 6 poke team for that matter)

hopefully I can join the next installment

What decided the invitee list? I'm just wondering, I don't think I deserve to be on it, I'm just curious. Not actually interested in the tournament btw.

Cool i'm invited, I should probably make an effort to get a wifi team ready to use (needs to EV train a little). Also protesting the item clause :P

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
ill gladly enter, goodbar knows my team though, but i doubt he'll tell anyone

Sunday - You are accepted, sign ups are here hehe forgot to mention that. Thanks for donating a prize, could you please PM me the details of what you will donate and if you have any preference on how to award it? Thanks.

pickles - sure, there'll be 4 total and everyone can participate in all of them if they want (provided they meet the requirements).

Diesel - I chose them, completely subjective on my side, and alot of people may disagree but that is not the point, anyone with a nice trade thread can get in, and I think your shiny contributions to the site and the ones you offer were good enough to put you on there. Maybe you'll be interested in the future.

Darkrai6875 - I'd rather you specify what Pokemon you'd donate, to avoid Trophy Case/blah blah discussions, so please PM me what you'd like to donate and I'd rather not buff up the first place prizes, as Top 2 already get an auto-invite to the final tournament.

metang321 - Take it as an incentive to get a trade thead up and going within the next few months, and breed stuff that you can trade :D. I'm sure you can pull it off and remember there'll be FOUR of these.

Ghandi1988 - Sorry to hear that.

forbidden - this is to keep the battles fresh and maybe see some unseen ideas. I'd still encourage you to participate though. I wont budge on that for this series though.

Mr. Goodbar - is that a yes you are participating? Read above for my Item Clause reasoning, but yeah as you wish.

Mini Guerra - hehe many people are. Is that a Yes?

johnXkid - In of course :D.

Marauder Artemis - Nope, sign ups for each Series will be posted in their respective threads, this is only for Series 1 to be held during April/May, and you can participate in as many as you want.

Gin - Perfect :D

EVERYONE - please post if you are wanting to play or not lol, all the posts are so vague.

Though I highly disagree with item clause, I won't be a baby about it. Also I'm offering (gasp?) my perfect salamence for first prize (or in other words I am giving lee my salamence).

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
this is going to be awesome, but i dont agree with item clause, im really going to have to change around my team, which revolves around 2 pokemon that hold the same item

Will EDIT right now with replies to everyone above.

TriDarkSouls - You are accepted, you have enough Pokes bred by you in my opinion and not eveyrone can have their trade thread bumped every minute. You're in.

Mr. GoodBar - Cool you wont be a baby :D hehe. Thanks for donating *but* I'd rather not add tot he first place and have MORE people get stuff out of this, so maybe donate something less valuable for say 5th place or as a random drawing prize?

Mini guerra - OK, you have until sunday night to decide.

0mastar - you are in, nice trade thread.

Ghandi - you are right, thanks for pointing that out. I was misguided by Lee's posts in the Look what I bred thread and though I ahd seen a trade thread of his, but I jsut serched and you are correct he doesn't have one, so he is no longer an invitee. Tangerine is a special exception because he'd have a trade thread if he wanted to, and has very exceptional breeds.

Ike and Tina - Yeah sorry, maybe you can have nice trade thread by the next Series?

Gin - Thanks, but I rather you PM me the exact details of the Pokemon you wish to donate and how you'd like to donate it, to avoid inconsistencies with Trophy Case/'too valuable' Pokemon. I want something concrete that is already agreed on.

johnXkid - sorry but no way around it.

Agreed with Ghandi, I found that strange. Whatever though, that's just why I was curious. I'm so lazy with EV-Training I don't even have a WiFi team. >.<

Hope this pwns so I can join if there are any in the future. Like the idea Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)