Other Beelieve It Or Not: NOC's STABmons RMT!

Okay, I have always been shitty at STABmons. Always. So, I went through the first round of STABmons mentorship under DinaIsha, and ended up building an interesting team. It may not be my best team ever, but this is why I'm posting it here!

So, I started off with Sableye, who I had used before in STABmons, and have liked. The momentum it can bring is beautiful, not to mention I've always liked it a fair bit. Nowhere near as much as I like Mega Beedrill or Giratina-O, but still.

Next up, Mega Beedrill. Mega Beedrill has always had a special spot in my heart. Ever since the beginning of ORAS, I've had a strange obsession with this insect, even though, in real life, I hate bees. You better beelieve it. Anyways, my previous experiences using were localized to OU, UU and TS, so I had no real experience with it in Other Metagames. All I knew were the basics behind it.

Magnezone is always a cool partner for Mega Beedrill, as it can trap some of its biggest threats, steel types, and generally shut them down. I haven't used this kind of team (BeeMag) since ORAS OU was created before it was released, so honestly, I wasn't very sure if it could work. Still, I ended up using it, and chose a bulky variation.

Landorus-T really threatened my team, so I had a variety of choices: Landorus-T, DD Kyurem-B, Diggersby (who I ended up using anyways), and DinaIsha's CB Crawdaunt set. I don't like Crawdaunt at all. I didn't want to get into Diggersby just yet. So that left me with two choices: DD Kyurem-B, or Landorus-T. Momentum is already a huge part of my team, as you can see. Thus, being a huge fan of momentum, I chose Landorus-T. Like Magnezone, Landorus-T runs a defensive set.

Chansey is another huge part of STABmons, and is really great at handling the rare special attackers. With Eviolite, it can really tank blows, not to mention that it has beautiful typing for STABmons. Rapid Spin really helps Beedrill, Wish keeps the team running, while Heal Bell eliminates burns. Baton Pass is amazing for momentum, although the rare Chatter or co. is always a pain in the butt to deal with. I'd prefer Parting Shot, but Chansey just can't get it. That makes me rage occasionally.

You can't have a successful STABmons team without Diggersby, its just that simple. FakeSpeed is necessary, as it can kill plenty of mons, or cripple them to the point where Beedrill outright murders them and can switch back to Diggersby with the same U-turn. >:D Anyways, the set is designed to take out more of Beedrill's counters, making it easier to sweep later on.

Sableye didn't resist the right types for this team. Ground, although somewhat easily handled by Landorus-T, was a problem. Will-O-Wisp wasn't important enough to the team. Water destroyed it. Now, with Celebi included, there is a resist to MORE types, including the important Ground and Water types. Leech Seed is a nice source of recovery as well.

Here are the previous versions of this team:
Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- Nuzzle
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Rapid Spin
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Punch

The very first version, hosts a whole slew of problems; notably, EVs aren't right on most of the mons.

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Rapid Spin
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Punch

The only difference between this team and the modern one is that this has King's Shield instead of Nuzzle.

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- Nuzzle
- Flash Cannon

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Rapid Spin
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Punch

This is the last team made with Sableye.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- Nuzzle
- King's Shield

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Rapid Spin
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Punch

Celebi's first debut.

Now then, for the actual team!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
Celebi was a reluctant replacement for Sableye, since they have the same resistances, although Celebi has a few more, including the all too crucial Water and Ground Resistances. Leech Seed helps against a lot of set up, as you can simple wear the setup sweeper down while healing yourself up, Giga Drain helps for Sap Sipper Azumarill is nice for Taunt using attackers that Celebi is sent in to wall. U-turn is to gtfo, Recover is Recover (do I really need to mention Recover at all, since it is pretty self explanatory?), and the investment was donated by Unfixable. Natural Cure is always nice if Toxic is used on Celebi, as it is always a pain to have to stall for a long time and then get beaten by Toxic stall.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Beedrill, despite how bad it seems to be in STABmons, can be very handy as a wallbreaker. U-turn is U-turn, of which simultaneously provides momentum and does a nice amount of damage to whatever happens to be in at the time. Basically, you find a nice opportunity to switch in, mega evolve, and use U-turn to gtfo. So, once he has mega evolved, you use whatever is the best move at the time. When your opponent has little they can do to you, use Megahorn or Gunk Shot. Else, either use U-turn or Knock Off, but especially U-turn. The rest of the set is self explanatory.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- Nuzzle
- Flash Cannon

This set is possibly the most peculiar set on the team. Magnet Pull is obvious, but so is the rest. Nuzzle, however, helps Beedrill sweep later on. As does the rest of the set. Flash Cannon is a bit questionable, as it is quite weak. However, I don't know exactly what I can replace it with....Suggestions will be appreciated.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Landorus-T is very good in this metagame. Intimidate allows for strong physical threats to be weakened with ease. Stealth Rock is amazing in general. Roost is a nice form of recovery. U-turn is momentum, and as I have stated repeatedly, momentum is VERY important. Precipice Blades is STAB, but I consider that slot filler, as it misses more often than it should. The rest of the set maximizes physical defense.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Rapid Spin
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Chansey is a special wall beyond belief. Eviolite makes her so bulky its stupid. Wish heals the team up, with Heal Bell getting rid of the annoying burns. Rapid Spin gets rid of annoying Stealth Rocks, which really plague Beedrill. Baton Pass is momentum, although I consider it the kind of momentum that you use only when you are desperate for it. Seriously, it passes confusion and stat drops for crying out loud!

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Punch

Ah, Diggersby, the one bunny that has consistently remained a threat in almost every OM (barring BH and such). Huge Power really gives this bunny a punch, and a pretty nasty one at that. FakeSpeed is obvious. Precipice Blades is filler STAB, basically. It misses too much for my personal liking, but its STAB, so yeah. Anyways, Ice Punch deals with Landorus-T even better, outright demolishing if it doesn't Intimidate Diggersby. 108 speed EVs allows me to outspeed Lando-T without investement. The rest of my EVs are used to make bunny as strong and bulky as possible. I do dislike the lack of momentum provided by Diggersby, but whatever.

Alright, that's my team! Please drop by a rate, and help make this team better!

Last edited:
This looks like a pretty solid team, but you have a glaring lack of a Water-type resist. After a Belly Drum, Azumarill singlehandedly walks over your team with ease. Keldeo can come in for free and spam Water Spout as well. To fix this, I'd swap out Sableye for Celebi to fix this. Sableye is a great Pokemon and all, but it isn't providing that much for your team. Celebi provides a Water- and Ground-type resist, while it has the same resistances as Celebi. Landorus-T takes on physical Pokemon well enough, and Will-O-Wisp isn't exactly helpful on this team. Celebi has consistent recovery and U-turn momentum as well. Celebi fits the team's synergy and would fix the issue with Water-types.

Summary:
  • ->
Sets:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Last edited:
I'd say King's Shield has more utility than Flash Canon, so if you feel like you can compromise it, go ahead and replace it. KS especially adds more pressure on the opponent after a Doom Desire has been used.

Also, you are kind of weak to setup like Unfixabke has pointed out. But any team without Unaware mons are weak to setup.

If you're confident that you can predict really well and handle setup sweepers with Diggersby, you're good.

Otherwise, consider replacing Sableye with Defensive Unaware Clefable. Unf's Celebi is wonderful too.

Or if you'd like the offensive route, consider Banded Scizor using Bullet Punch / Knock Off / U Turn / Superpower or that Banded Crawdaunt set.

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate guys!

Anyways, I am genuinly interested in replacing Celebi. My only problem with it is that I would be using Celebi instead of Sableye. Honestly, I don't know how to cope with losing Sableye, but I'll give it a shot!
I'd say King's Shield has more utility than Flash Canon, so if you feel like you can compromise it, go ahead and replace it. KS especially adds more pressure on the opponent after a Doom Desire has been used.
Yeah, that is going to be fixed soon.
If you're confident that you can predict really well and handle setup sweepers with Diggersby, you're good.
I like to underestimate myself. I also like to try and think two steps ahead. This often makes me lose (i.e. I make a prediction that works once, predict that my opponent will change his move to match that move, and then counter that move). Thus, I am going to end up changing my team for this.
Or if you'd like the offensive route, consider Banded Scizor using Bullet Punch / Knock Off / U Turn / Superpower or that Banded Crawdaunt set.
I'm not that offensive...I don't really like Choice Band sets. Honestly, I'm going to be using unfixable's set myself. I will miss Sableye though.

Edit: Actually, I can't use Unfixable's set, as Baton Pass is already on Chansey. This means I can't use Baton Pass on it, but I am not keen about running U-turn on something with setup of any kind. So, what should I use?

Last edited:
Yes, I skipped over Chansey having Baton Pass n_n;;. Leech Seed / U-turn are better options, then.
Okay, I'm half tempted to switch off Cotton Guard to make room for both options. I'm thinking that this might very well be the best course of action.

Again, thanks for the rate guys!

Edit: I just realized that Unfixable edited the set before I posted this.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Precipice Blades

Landorus-T is very good in this metagame. Intimidate allows for strong physical threats to be weakened with ease. With Sableye using Parting Shot to bring in Landorus-T, the opponent is now at -2 attack! The set is designed to abuse this to its advantage. Stealth Rock is amazing in general. Roost is a nice form of recovery. U-turn is momentum, and as I have stated repeatedly, momentum is VERY important. Precipice Blades is STAB, but I consider that slot filler, as it misses more often than it should. The rest of the set maximizes physical defense.
You no longer have Sableye on your team :)

I believe a replacement is in order.

You can either go for Kangaskhan or Braviary. I'd suggest the latter.

Reactions: EV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)