ORAS OU Biggron's Guide to Using Who You Want (or, how I learned to not worry about the Standard tier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nidoking@Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Modest
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Slowbro@Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Sp Def
-Scald
-Thunder Wave
-Psyshock
-Slack Off

Clefable@Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold
252 HP, 172 Def, 84 Sp Def
-Moonblast
-Thunder Wave
-Moonlight
-Stealth Rock

Goodra@Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Modest
240 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 16 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Eelektross@Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant
248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Sp Def
-Wild Charge
-Drain Punch
-Knock Off
-U-Turn

Aggron@Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spe
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Heavy Slam

I've played on PS! awhile ago for a bit, but got frustrated that I couldn't use some of my fav pokes in OU due to them being ' Low- Tier.' After I discovered I could play on PS! again on my phone (my computer's motherboard died on me), I decided to give it another go, this time without bothering with what belongs in which tier and just play with my favorites.

The team centers around allowing Aggron to sweep with a STAB, Banded Head Smash. To do so, my support mons, Slowbro and Clefable, both pack T-Wave to slow down any would-be counters. In addition, Clefable packs SR over Calm Mind to further punish switch-ins.

Next up, I have to blow away any walls that stand in my Aggron's way. I've chosen Assault Vest Goodra and Sheer Force Nidoking to make any physical wall think twice about coming in. I'm packing Ice Beam over the Standard EQ on Goodra since I don't have a good way to deal with Gliscor otherwise.

Finally, I chose Eelektross as a defensive pivot. His natural bulk combined with his general lack of weaknesses allow him to switch in on a dangerous attack and either Knock Off a useful item or do a slow U-Turn out into a more appropriate pokemon. Wild Charge is used for its power while Drain Punch recovers some lost HP.

Feel free to let me know of any improvements I can make. I'm willing to trade out Nidoking or Eelektross for something, but everyone else stays. Goodra has been a real hero, tanking hits and dishing out damage like nobody's business, and I like the defensive core of Slowbro and Clefable.

If you do suggest a pokemon for me to use, keep these things in mind:

1. I don't want to use any legendaries whatsoever. I want to use this team on WiFi battles once I'm done testing, and I don't want to bother with catching one's with the precise IVs I want and getting the correct nature, etc.

2. I'm not using Tyrantrum over Aggron. I'm aware he does the same thing save for having higher stats where it counts, but I already have a Dragon-type in my team, and Aggron's Steel-typing gives him more switch-in opportunities. Plus, I just like him more.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm locking this.
You need descriptions for each Pokemon, send me a private message with descriptions and I'll unlock this RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)