ORAS UU BLAST-K9 R.M.T

Hey everyone, soo Arcanine is my favourite mon and when I joined Smogon recently I headed straight for UU to build a team around him. After a lot of trial and error this is the team I currently use. Its by no means perfect but its fun and gets decent results. Its main aim is to punch holes with Arcanine and have the other team mates support and cover him. I am fully aware that other UU fire mons like Entei, Darmanitan kinda outclass Arcanine with more power. However at the end of the day, mauling a Gyarados with a predicted wild charge, Extreme speeding a Beedril for for the win make every hard fought victory all the more sweeter. So here we go....

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

So we have a Choice Banded Arcanine with an Adamant nature to maximise offensive potential. This makes him a very precise mon to use however its worth it over life orb as it gets that extra power and then the recoil from flare blitz + orb is just too much. Where Arcanine shines the most is E-speed and his vast movepool. If you get your predictions it can certainly hurt those weak to fighting and Electricity.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Blastoise is there for hazard removal and has good synergy with Arcanine as they cover each others glaring weaknesses. Dark pulse and Aura Sphere for stuff like Cress, Snorlax, reuniclus etc. No ice beam as arcanine is there for predicted switch ins for grass types.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Rotom's Dual typing helps a lot against bulky waters and ground types. Scarfed for speed and hence with trick to cripple defensive walls. He is also the first half of a volt-turn core. Again a very precise mon as a wrong click of volt switch leads to free rocks for the opponent usually. And Iv also used trick prematurely for some hilarious results. But yeah hes also there for a ground immunity and basically coverage that the rest of the team lacks.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I like a defensive mon that can keep up momentum when needed and has access to recovery. Stealth rock for Beedril and other fires and toxic against stall. Furthermore he offers 2 vital immunities for Arcanine and Blastoise. No defog as Blastoise is there. And no earthquake as he is rather weak and I really do like his utility moves.

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off/ megahorn???

This is one of my favourite mons to use. When played right he can absolutely demolish stall. I first started of with a flame orb but that severely limits his time on the field especially when opponents use protect. Also not to clear on the movepool to use now as facade requires one to get burned, but is so good at taking out incoming fairies when at plus 2. So yeah I know this guy def needs some tweaks. Also He is protected well by Flash fire arcanine and gligar.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

And finally Sylveon with a standard cleric set. I like sylveon for its more offensive presence over florges. Its also my dragon immunity and is protected well by Gligar/ Arcanine/ Blastoise at the same time shielding them from key weaknesses.

So this is the team and any help to make it better and Arcanine shine is greatly appreciated!

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whats good yo, so I see you're trying to build around arcanine. To start off arcanine is usually run defensively due to the fact it doesnt have much over entei, but seeing as how you're building around an offensive set lets at least use what it does have over entei; unlike entei it doesnt have to run an adamant nature since its move pool isnt based on any specific event meaning:

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

• You most definitely want to be able to out speed lucario, heracross, krookodile, nidoking, toxicr.....look point is arcanine sits at a really important so its nice to take advantage of that.
-Next up I just wanted to update the spread on your toise to the current metas standard:

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

• 152 speed allows you to outpace jolly crawdaunt which still does a huge amount of damage to you with knock off if given the chance to do so so its just usually better to run this much speed.
-Since your team relied a lot on arcanine the most obvious pain in the ass for you is suicune which even when adamant banded can easily dodge a 2hko from wild charge, rotom-mow is a nice mon but with a scarf it hits pretty softly and a failed trick can just make you autolose to suicine, so to try and mitigate this:
---->

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

• Specs lisk allows you to heavily punish suicune who try to stay in to scald your arcanine by simply coming in to absorb it and being able to fire off strong stab. The signal beam allows you to revenge celebi if need be since your only other decent check doesnt appreciate earth power celebi. This makes your life a lot easier since you wont always be praying not to get burned by suicune in the case of mowtom.
-Next I noticed you were running gligar without earthquake, in other words a fighting check thats setup fodder for most fighting types especially when you are running toxic in the conkeldurr meta who would greatly appreciate the attack boost. To try and fix this I switched:
------->

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt

• Crobat offers you a way to revenge mons that really annoyed you like np infernape or conkeldurr while at the same time giving you the ability to taunt standard rock users to give arcanine an easier time coming in. This also keeps the u-turn you had on gligar to allow arcanine to break the steels getting in the way of bat.
-With the addition of lisk we no longer really fear scald however we did lose rocks in crobat>gligar so to fix that last problem we can:
--------->

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

• You now still carry a win condition in coba keeping mons like snorlax at bay while still offering you rocks. This also gives you a better chance versus aero with coba+toise being the checks to it now instead of gligar simply being hone claws fodder to throw off a toxic which may stop it from killing 4 mons on your team. This also allows you to switch into krook which was a serious problem for your team as the only real thing stopping it from just beating you with knock off was sylveon which doesnt look good since eq easily does >50%.
I think thats basically covered most of the issues, all I really see is maybe gyarados getting out of hand but it doesn't really setup on anything on your team and when it does it still has to be sure your toise isnt healthy enough to put it in e-speed range from arcanine. I still would recommend entei as an offensive fire since sacred fire is broken, but you did want to build around an offensive arcanine so I guess its up to you.

Hey thanks for all the pointers and have implemented them, the team is functioning much smoother especialy against the likes of aerodactile, suicune, conc. Cobalion is surprisng bulky as well. Also iv tried defensive arcanine with a combination of mons and was wondering what team he fits best on with what mons?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)