ORAS LC Blasting Off Again (Peaked 1, 2, and 3 on ladder same time)

Jox

LCPL Champion
tumblr_m9u4zeXXJp1rujf4e.gif

Blasting Off Again
AN LC RMT by 067jox
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif
mienfoo (1).gif
pawniard (1).gif
vullaby (1).gif
chinchou (1).gif

Hello I'm Jordi, aka 067jox, I've played lc now for about a year and I've learned so much, played almost 1000 battles with all my alts and I have seen and used a lot of weird shit, like sweeping a legit lc team with life orb venipede ( pin missile, pjab, hp psychic and protect ). I hope you like my rmt!

meowth (1).gif

So why did I want to build around meowth, to be honest I thought it was bad, a gimmick, outclassed by aipom... I was so wrong, meowth has some legit power and a perfect lead killer and a setup stopper.
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif

So after meowth I needed dig, I simply use dig for killing low health mons like a 48% staryu so the don't have many sacks left, dig checks magnemite that otherwise walls meowth and kills pony/larv that could burn me.
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif
mienfoo (1).gif

So why don't we use one of the best mon in the game, mienfoo, I use mienfoo in this team as a straight up pivot into dig. Lets say you have a mienfoo vs a onix that was not the lead, well you u-turn on that and dig kills. I loved it to be honest. In this team you don't care if mienfoo is burned, vs a pony or larv, you just u-turn to trap, because a burned foo is not a dead foo. (;
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif
mienfoo (1).gif
pawniard (1).gif

So pawn is just a straight up monster, I wanted it because I can deal with ghost types better ( gastly and honedge ) other than that, you see that i'm very ponyta / larv weak, if I trap that with mienfoo all my mons have a field day bec you have most of the time a counter for 1 mon and checks for the others. Pawn gives me rocks and a nice second priority.
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif
mienfoo (1).gif
pawniard (1).gif
vullaby (1).gif

Vullaby need to get rid of hazard stack and nuke fighting type. So far my team is very fighting weak but to be honest vullaby does not care, 18 defence, aka 27 def with eviolite, makes this thing such a huge problem for the other player. Vullaby has 1 more job and that's pivot. Lets say you u-turn out on the pawn switch, you can get that free kill with dig if not scarfed.
meowth (1).gif
diglett.gif
mienfoo (1).gif
pawniard (1).gif
vullaby (1).gif
chinchou (1).gif

Chinchou is one of my favorite mons to use, it just gives you team so much help. Its a fletch counter, it help vs volt switch spam and it counters ponyta. With chin you can volt switch on the cottonee switch and trap it with sludge bomb from diglet. Chin gives this team also speed control in thunder wave and a nice cleric with heal bell. This mon is always great to have and to use and it fits on this team, in my opinion, perfectly.

The Mons

meowth (1).gif

Meowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fake Out
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse
- Feint

So meowth has as moves : fake out, feint, aerial ace and waterpulse. Because of his ability these moves all get a 1.5 boost. Fake out is the main combo move, with fake out you break sturdy and sash, prevent sweep and you get some chip damage. Aerial ace is almost only for mienfoo but it is nice to have it for foongus and snivy too. Water pulse is for onix, dwebble and archen most of the time and it kills after rock or fakeout. Feint is to be honest the most underrated move on meowth, it has 45 power and it goes before things like extreme speed. With feint you can make a zig sweep almost impossible and same with fletchling. I run 18 speed on my meowth because I don't need 19 speed, I'd rather have the power. I prefer naughty nature for the extra feint damange and no spa drop.

236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Fake Out vs. 76 HP / 76 Def Archen: 5-8 (21.7 - 34.7%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
36 SpA Life Orb Technician Meowth Water Pulse vs. 76 HP / 76 SpD Archen: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
=================
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 4-5 (19 - 23.8%) -- possible 5HKO
36 SpA Life Orb Technician Meowth Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dwebble: 18-23 (85.7 - 109.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
=================
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Fake Out vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Onix: 4-4 (19 - 19%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
36 SpA Life Orb Technician Meowth Water Pulse vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Onix: 36-47 (171.4 - 223.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
=================
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 8-9 (38 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 13-18 (61.9 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
=================
200+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Meowth: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Feint vs. 76 HP / 12 Def Fletchling: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
=================
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Fake Out vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Zigzagoon: 12-16 (54.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236+ Atk Life Orb Technician Meowth Feint vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Zigzagoon: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

diglett.gif

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
So dig is the thing about this team that makes it so powerful, basically you just come in with u-turn mienfoo, u-turn vullaby or volt switch chinchou to pick off a low mon. Because mienfoo, vullaby and chin have so low speed and much bulk, the can take the hit and dig can come in for free. I have eq for just stab, rock slide to trap larvesta and just a standard move you run on dig because it's a good move to have, sludge bomb for cottonee, snivy, snubble and spritsee and as last substitute to kill pawn and other sucker punch users.
0 SpA Life Orb Diglett Sludge Bomb vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Cottonee: 21-26 (95.4 - 118.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Diglett Sludge Bomb vs. 36 HP / 116 SpD Snubbull: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Diglett Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Snivy: 13-16 (61.9 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Diglett Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Snivy: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Diglett Sludge Bomb vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 10-13 (37 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
mienfoo (1).gif

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

So I have drain punch on mienfoo for stab, it hits the pory for a decent amount and its just a safe move in general. knock off is simply just for dig to make some kills possible and its a move that must be on mienfoo in my opinion. I have acrobatics on mienfoo because my team is decently fighting weak and I wanna take out fighting types asap, it deals with foongus too. and last i have u-turn, u-turn is the move i click the most. I don't care that the have a pony or larv, I u-turn and trap with dig. even as a lead, mienfoo vs onix/dwebble, I u-turn and kill with diglett. because of its regen i can just lure pokemon out and kill them 1 at the times so I don't have to predict that much and just play it safe

pawniard (1).gif

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

So pawn's moves are pretty standard, because it works so good. Knock off for a easy diglett kill, iron head for just some damage and to hit certain types, and sucker to stop a sweeper. It's a really good mon and it Always does his job. pawn is more for just stealth rocks and knock off. stealth rocks are important because with rocks up, meowth and dig can kill stuff much better. Like with the calc with sludge bomb vs cottonee, you need rocks for that

vullaby (1).gif

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
As you can see, vullaby has no knock off, and in my opinion you don't need it on vullaby. I love how vullaby can just click u-turn on a incoming pawn or pony and just trap it. U-turn makes it so you can trap snubble with dig and its pretty easy to get a u-turn off. I have brave bird for just hard hitting stab and to kill fighting types and I have roost for recovery. Defog is for hazard removal if I get hazard stacked or if they use sticky web

chinchou (1).gif

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
Chin is here to basically volt switch and heal your mons, you can just volts witch on the incoming foongus, snivy cottonee and trap them or go into vullaby and u-turn again. With rocks up this mon can easily put in the work. It's here most of the times to deal with fletch. It has 14 spd to take a energy ball from a focus sash abra and use volt switch to trap it, if it kills its life orb and dig kills.I have t-wave on this set to make sweeping harder and scald for just stab and that 100% burn.

Threat List
Tirtuga- This is a big problem for my team if mienfoo and chinchou are low.
Fighting Spam- If the other team spams their way thro vullaby and gets a bulk up with timburr or a dd with scraggy its hard to win.

Shoutouts
I wanna give a shout out for ItzViper482 for helping me with this rmt (aka being a grammar and decor slave), and Skyee for keeping me on the ladder and helping me stay happy through the haxs.

Also thanks to ggggd rhydonphilip Horny Miltank PD for testing!

Hope you enjoyed my RMT!
Meowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fake Out
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse
- Feint

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-414488753
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-414482416
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-414504001

^EFD7957B74718F7451E42A54AD123CB6E69C6169EBC119F23D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Last edited:
Nice example of the often underestimated Feint Meowth. I still think Knock/U-turn would have been a better option over Water Pulse but this is a nice lure for Archen.
Real nice job and good to see a RMT be made of this team!

Reactions: Jox
Congrats dude, this is a very unique, but convenient team. It'll be sure to catch opponents off guard.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Yo, pretty great team there, has caught me off guard several times when viper was testing with me =)

One pretty big change you could make is to optimize your Pawniard EVs. The roll for 17 atk and 18 atk are really close, which means you can put an extra point in your Spdef which allows you to reach a nice number for Eviolite. Your set should look like this:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Also those Chinchou EVs feel weird but i can't seem to identify why.

Overall, a pretty solid squad though!

Edit: also put 36 evs into health on the diglett.

Nice RMT, looks solid so far! While I believe being weak against Tirt isn't a bad thing, I do believe this team requires more skill to properly function when compared to others.

Jox

LCPL Champion
Yo, pretty great team there, has caught me off guard several times when viper was testing with me =)

One pretty big change you could make is to optimize your Pawniard EVs. The roll for 17 atk and 18 atk are really close, which means you can put an extra point in your Spdef which allows you to reach a nice number for Eviolite. Your set should look like this:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Also those Chinchou EVs feel weird but i can't seem to identify why.

Overall, a pretty solid squad though!

Edit: also put 36 evs into health on the diglett.
Will fix the diglet hp thanks! That's my standard chinchou :P, 14 spd makes it so a energy ball from a abra does 80% so I can take it, berryjuice up and volt into dig, if its life orb I die but abra dies to a eq from dig. 14 deff is just from the overall bulk, I dont follow smogon sets lmao. The pawn spread im gonna try, thnx for your opinion bud.

Yeah defiantly CandleJack you just need to have meinfoo good hp with evo or chinchou in on the smash to twave then you should be good

Also thanks you guys for the great support on this rmt! :D

Also Skyee my meowth will always be named satan from now on

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)