Breakable Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability in question lowers the Pokemon's ATK by one stage when it is hit by a physical attack, but boosts it's Speed by 1 stage.

Anyone else think that Special Sweepers looking for a little speed are going to be carrying Focus Sashes and Endure while intentionally looking for say Garchomp?

I only know of two Pokemon who have this off the top of my head: Baibanaira (The Ice Cream) and the poisonous garbage can/sludge.

Eh, it seems like kind of a nerf, but if will depend on the stats and movepools of the pokes that get it. If they are reasonably bulky then it may be decent (Assuming their physical attack isn't their best offensive stat), but if they are relatively frail, the EV investment needed to get them to take a hit while setting up will offset the speed boost.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Omaster and Magcargo both have pitiful physical attack sets but decent physical defense. Omaster would rather have Swift Swim, but I suppose it could be useful in the lower tiers if you're not using a RD team. I don't see Magcargo exactly being OU material, but who knows?

Baibanira also has a low physical attack and decent bulk. The only thing that worries me, however, is that the ice-cream cone is mono-ice. Ice is a terrible defensive type FYI.

Wait, WHAT!? Serebii says that it lowers physical attack, not defenses.
I also saw the lowers ATK in another thread on Smogon (Baib's?).

Lowers Defense would make a lot more sense than ATK (i.e. Darknut from LoZ) but I still think that anything with Low Speed and Endure that wants to sweep would love to have this ability: but if it's Defense then Physical sweepers benefit from it as well.

Wait, WHAT!? Serebii says that it lowers physical attack, not defenses.
Serebii also says that Reckless doubles the power of recoil moves, which would be completely insane. Think about it, why would breaking your armor lower your Atk? Lowering Def makes perfect sense.

Serebii also says that Reckless doubles the power of recoil moves, which would be completely insane. Think about it, why would breaking your armor lower your Atk? Lowering Def makes perfect sense.
Yeah, Serebii isn't to be completely trusted with this. In the 4th gen., he translated "Super Luck" as "Bad Luck", he said Lunar Dance was a Cosmic Power clone, etc.

I thought I heard that Serebii said that at one point. Anyways, it just goes to show you that you can't trust every source and sometimes you have to wait for the hype to die down before you can get reliable info.

Although maybe Cresselia would've been better if it had gotten Cosmic Power (or a clone)...

I thought I heard that Serebii said that at one point. Anyways, it just goes to show you that you can't trust every source...
Yeah, I agree with this. I read a rumor that Gochiruzeru
was the evolution of Jynx. lol. Surely was wrong when the information came out and people playing the game.

probably a bit late on this, but i can confirm that it obviously lowers defence... using Rock Blast on the garbage bag thing activates the ability every hit (lol) and i gradually did more damage with each hit, so yeah it's lowering defence.

The tradeoff doesn't seem fair unless you can garuantee a KO next turn. . . and it's not like Baivanilla going to enjoy coming in on physical moves either, especially from the dragons he wants to counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)