Brutal Control - the OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 7 days ago, I created something awful. And that does always happen. Brutal Control seemed to be a worthless team, and it secretly still does now. However, I tried to rejuvenate Brutal Control and currently use it as my main team. I frequently update Brutal Control and I would love to get tips.
Let`s start with Brutal Control!
Brutal Control

Murder (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Earthquake

This. He. Wow. Conkeldurr is pretty much the best in my team. He totally lives up to his name. With Drain Punch, he takes down alot of opponents while healing himself. Mach Punch for the priority. Ice Punch takes out Grass-types and Dragons. I am not sure about Earthquake. It is more or less a Steel counter, but both the Fighting moves are Steel counters.

Die (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Salamence? Frequently sweeps teams by using Outrage alone. Pesky Steel-types more or less ruin sweeps.
Earthquake is useful against Heatran or Jirachi.
Fire Blast just for the random Anti-Ferrothorn or Anti-Scizor or Anti-Forretress etc.
Draco Meteor as last resort.

Revenge (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Secretly, I never want to throw out Gliscor. Just because Gliscor is so annoying, even for the opponent. This is pretty much THE standard Gliscor set. Toxic Orb for healing. Protect to ToxicStall and eventually heal out.
Earthquake because it is really useful.

[/URL]
Envious (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Pain Split
- Sleep Talk
- Hydro Pump

Envious is simple. Immunity to Ground.
Rest + Sleep Talk for healing combo.
Pain Split for random healing.
Hydro Pump to deal with Fire`s.

Rage (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Body Slam
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

Aah. Paraflinch Jirachi. Nearly as annoying as Gliscor. Paraflinch Jirachi does his job. Thunder Wave obviously for paralyzing, the basic of Rage`s set.
Body Slam when I want to do deal damage and paralyze.
Flash Cannon, for random stat lowering.
Iron Head is obviously my most used move because it flinches the opponent most time.

Demon (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Seismic Toss

Last but not least, we hae Demon. With Eviolite and the EVs Dusclops actually tanks alot of hits. Shadow Sneak for anti-Psychic.
Substitute to work behind.
Pain Split for healing.
Seismic Toss because it deals great damage!

____
This was it! Please give me any tips :3
~Meloetta<3

Hey, nice team!

I see some problems with your movesets though, and can help to fix them. I'll make this short and simple.

1) Conkeldurr - Fighting+Ground moves are kinda stupid to have, so you can replace EQ with Payback for Ghost types or Stone Edge for Intimidate Gyarados. Alternatively, you can use a boosting move like Bulk Up, which can allow you to possibly sweep if you can get a couple or more boosts.

2) Salamence - Seeing that you have only 4 EVs in SpAtk, Draco Meteor isn't going to hurt much, not to mention the special attack drop leaves you set-up bait for dangerous sweepers. You can replace it with Dragon Claw, which, although not as powerful, is still a safe move to use and doesn't make you set-up bait. Also, change your nature to Naive. Moxie gives you enough attack already, so a speed boosting nature is preferred to outrun as many things as possible.

3) Gliscor - Change the EV spread to 252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe, which allows you to outspeed Lucario and KO with EQ. If you want to go full Toxic-stall trolling, replace Roost with Substitute. Alternating between sub and protect allows you to stall for long periods, compared to Protect only which stalls for just one turn.

4) Rotom-W - RestTalk AND Pain Split is quite weird. But first, seeing as it is your bulky attacker, change the EVs to 252 HP/56 SpAtk/220 Spe, which allows it to do its job better. Next, change your moveset to either Rest/Sleep Talk/Hydro Pump/Volt Switch or Hydro Pump/Volt Switch/ThunderWave or Will-o-Wisp/Pain Split. It's up to preference- RestTalk gives you protection from status, while the second set makes you a status spreader yourself.

5) Jirachi - Again, Body Slam AND ThunderWave is weird, so choose one (tip: you can use Body Slam on Jirachi and TWave on Rotom). Next, Flash Cannon is rather useless as it has poor coverage, does low damage and the special defense drops won't help as all your other moves are physical. I think you can use Substitute over Flash Cannon and Stealth Rock over TWave. Also, change the EVs to 252 HP/160 Atk/96 Spe with Jolly nature. This gives Jirachi the ability to switch into resisted attacks with ease, spread paralysis, provide hazard support and paraflinch all at the same time.

6) Dusclops - I'm rather iffy about it. I mean, firstly, Shadow Sneak coming off 176 attack isn't going to hurt anything except Alakazam. By looking at your other moves, I believe Gengar with the following set will do better-

Gengar @Life Orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Pain Split
Substitute
This set can actually hurt things, and still has good recovery with Pain Split. The only problem is that Gengar can't really switch into attacks, but you should still give this set a try.

That's all I can say for now. Good Luck for future battles.

hi please read the rmt rules before posting. your descriptions aren't quite what we're looking for as far as length and information go. if you make them longer, pm me and i'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)