Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a screenshot but earlier I was facing a Shedninja (sp?) on Balance Hackmons. It switched into one layer of Toxic Spikes while it was Hailing. Neither of these factors killed it but just took off some of its hp like it was some other mon. It later switched in when it had about 50% HP (wut) while stealth rocks were up and died, like it was supposed to. I don't think this was how it was supposed to work/

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't have a screenshot but earlier I was facing a Shedninja (sp?) on Balance Hackmons. It switched into one layer of Toxic Spikes while it was Hailing. Neither of these factors killed it but just took off some of its hp like it was some other mon. It later switched in when it had about 50% HP (wut) while stealth rocks were up and died, like it was supposed to. I don't think this was how it was supposed to work/
Are you sure it wasn't an Illusion Pokemon? It very well could have been.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh-huh, based on the scenario given, your opponent was using an Illusion Volcarona. That would explain why it only took the normal amount of damage from Toxic Spikes and Hail, and then also why it would be K.O.'d at 50% when Stealth Rock was up.

Myth busted.

Alright, the above is a screenshot of what happened.

The glitch is simply this: Bounce uses PP going up, and uses PP again when trying to go down. While its an even number, and usually not an issue, I fought a pressure Kyurem, meaning that I was left with an odd number, and now I'm stuck in the sky, and now must use Struggle.

I don't know if this applies to other Up/Down, or charge moves (like Solar Beam) But its something to look into, to avoid tragedies by a struggling flying Gyaradose D:

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a number of known glitches with using dual turn moves in Showdown!, although I've never seen that one before.

I just used a fighting type move on zoroark disguised as a mareep in challenge cup. It was not super effective.

sorta proof:
Geodude used Brick Break! The foe's Zoroark lost 100% of its health!

I don't know if the message was hidden because it was an 0k0.

Showdown says that Shedinja can't learn Swords Dance. It can, but only in Gen 3 and 4 (which I KNOW can be transferred to Gen 5; I've done it myself)

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Showdown says that Shedinja can't learn Swords Dance. It can, but only in Gen 3 and 4 (which I KNOW can be transferred to Gen 5; I've done it myself)
For completeness, the other moves that this applies to are Screech, Slash, Agility, and Baton Pass (and Fury Cutter, but Shedinja gets that by tutor as well). Only one of these moves is legal at a time.

azwxsdce called Frosty back!
azwxsdce sent out Danny Devito (Croagunk)!
mixed called Lickitung back!
mixed sent out Ponyta!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Ponyta is buffeted by the hail!

Turn 2
Danny Devito used Fake Out!
The foe's Ponyta lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Ponyta flinched!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Ponyta is buffeted by the hail!
Danny Devito is buffeted by the hail!

turn one only the opponent gets hurt by hail.

azwxsdce called 420 back!
azwxsdce sent out Emperor (Foongus)!
Pointed stones dug into Emperor!
The foe's Riolu used Toxic!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Riolu is buffeted by the hail!
Emperor is buffeted by the hail!

message does not show that toxic failed

hasais called Mandibuzz back!
hasais sent out Sandslash!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Sandslash!
The foe's Sandslash was poisoned!
Bastiodon used Toxic!
But it failed!

Supposedly, if a Pokemon attacks a Substitute with a recoil move (such as Double-Edge) it would not take recoil regardless of how much damage is done to the Substitute. However, this is not implemented in Showdown as far as I can tell.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All righty then...

Two turn moves: There a a lot of bugs here that are known about, including things like Bounce and things like it using two PP. However, the one where you're using Struggle while in the air is new.

Shedinja: Yes, this is already known about. However, I'm pretty sure that you should be able to use it with the moves anyway. That was the case when it showed that Softboiled or Wish (I forget which) was illegal on Chansey. So I'd try using it anyway, even if it comes up as illegal. If it still doesn't work, it'll get fixed soon.

ZoroArk: As far as I've seen, it still calculates the damage as being super effective, though the message just doesn't show up when it has taken the form of something else. However, I haven't seen it tested out for myself, so don't quote me on that.

Recoil and Substitute: I don't think that's eight. You should still take recoil when using one of those moves on a Substitute. Though again, I haven't seen anyone test it out.

Hail: That's a new one, haven't seen that one before.

Toxic: I don't think there's a message for it anyway. Some things do have a message, like when Protect fails, but I'm pretty sure Toxic failing does not give a message.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
It's possible that it's not a bug, but, uh, this just happened:
Turn 3
Qwilfish used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Togekiss was paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The foe's Togekiss is paralyzed! It can't move!
Qwilfish restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4
Qwilfish used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
Qwilfish restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
Qwilfish used Spikes!
Turn 6
Qwilfish used Spikes!
Turn 7
Qwilfish used Waterfall!
The foe's Togekiss lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Togekiss restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 8
Qwilfish used Waterfall!
The foe's Togekiss lost 23% of its health!
Turn 9
asery: wtf
Nyktos: well this is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, I apologize
Qwilfish used Waterfall!
The foe's Togekiss flinched!
Turn 10
Qwilfish used Waterfall!
Given that the chances of this are about one in twenty thousand, I figured I'd mention it.

Relados

fractactical genius
It's possible that it's not a bug, but, uh, this just happened:
Given that the chances of this are about one in twenty thousand, I figured I'd mention it.
Paralysis has a ¼ chance of not allowing you to move. This doesn't necessarily mean one out of every four turns you will be paralyzed, so it's possible for it to happen many times in a row (like in your example). As for the flinch, Waterfall has (I believe) a 20% chance to flinch the target, which is also reasonable in your example (considering it only happened once). While it may seem like an RNG error or an opponent cheating, this sort of thing is not a bug, it's just bad luck.

The team builder shows 255 happiness even when it is set to something else. I'm running an Escavalier with frustration and I was getting very confused trying to make it work.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Paralysis has a ¼ chance of not allowing you to move. This doesn't necessarily mean one out of every four turns you will be paralyzed, so it's possible for it to happen many times in a row (like in your example). As for the flinch, Waterfall has (I believe) a 20% chance to flinch the target, which is also reasonable in your example (considering it only happened once). While it may seem like an RNG error or an opponent cheating, this sort of thing is not a bug, it's just bad luck.
I am quite aware of how probabilities work, thanks. As I said, the chances of getting seven consecutive full paralyses is somewhere around 1/20000. This doesn't mean it didn't happen by chance, but the fact that the Togekiss got parahaxed every single turn (except when it flinched) seems suspicious. It just seemed like something potentially worth looking into, though in retrospect the log fragment I posted probably isn't enough to figure out what's going on even if there is a bug.

Relados

fractactical genius
Okay, I'm unsure of whether I should put this here or in tech support, but here's a screencap of something saw when I tried getting on with Chrome.

I don't know what could cause this or if this is just a regular disconnect gone wrong.

EDIT: Fixed it, thanks to bmelts. For anyone else out here experiencing the same problem, sometimes antivirus webshielding (for me it was Avast!) can prevent you from getting on. Just disable the webshield on it and it should work fine (I don't yet know how to fix this and retain the webshield).

phoopes

I did it again
I am quite aware of how probabilities work, thanks. As I said, the chances of getting seven consecutive full paralyses is somewhere around 1/20000. This doesn't mean it didn't happen by chance, but the fact that the Togekiss got parahaxed every single turn (except when it flinched) seems suspicious. It just seemed like something potentially worth looking into, though in retrospect the log fragment I posted probably isn't enough to figure out what's going on even if there is a bug.
All I can say is shit happens. The other day, it happened to me 5 times in a row. That's what makes the game fun. The RNG just wasn't in your favor, I guess. The only instance that I can think of where PS was having RNG problems was months ago, when my opponent and I were both paralyzed and neither of us moved for 30ish turns in a row, and we weren't the only ones that that happened to. That problem was fixed, so I'm just going to say that it was bad luck on your part. Sorry.

The foe's Duskull used Destiny Bond!
Duskull is trying to take its foe down with it! (placeholder)
Chinchou used Volt Switch!
The foe's Duskull lost 38% of its health!
Loco called Chinchou back!
Loco sent out Natu!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
Turn 6
Natu used Psychic!
The foe's Duskull lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Duskull fainted!
Duskull took its attacker down with it! (placeholder)
Natu fainted!

Is this how it should be happening? I mean, destiny bond affected chinchou, not Natu.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Destiny Bond is cast on the user, not the opponent; consequently, as long as the user does not move again, whatever Pokemon faints the user will also be fainted.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
All I can say is shit happens. The other day, it happened to me 5 times in a row. That's what makes the game fun. The RNG just wasn't in your favor, I guess. The only instance that I can think of where PS was having RNG problems was months ago, when my opponent and I were both paralyzed and neither of us moved for 30ish turns in a row, and we weren't the only ones that that happened to. That problem was fixed, so I'm just going to say that it was bad luck on your part. Sorry.
It was definitely good luck since it was my opponent it happened to. ;)

The fact is that such a sequence is more likely to come about due to a bug than from randomness, but if nobody else has had similar problems I suppose it was probably a freak of probability after all.

I am not yet sure if this problem was reported, but I think it would be best if this bug is reported again. On my IPad, during the teambuilding process, I cannot create my last Pokemon, with just a + sign below my first Pokemon. I hipe this bug is fixed soon, and I thank the people who give their time to fix these problems! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)